Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really doesn't. It's got touches of Nolan/Goyer of course, but despite quibbles folks have about Dark Knight Rises (myself included) it had a genuine emotional core. Man of Steel is bombastic and shallow in the same way that Green Lantern was, so they make more sense together.

y2etavez.jpg

Cool story, can't wait for you to tell us what you didn't like tomorrow. :lol

I've seen the movie three times, wanting to see what you guys see (the burden of being a comic book/movie geek. You ***** about something and see it a million times any way.) There's some cool stuff in there, but I sure as hell don't get the GREATEST DC SUPERMAN MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! MASTERPIECE OF CINEMA WITH EHART/MARVEL/RICHAR DONNER CAN EAT A DCIK that people are getting at.

Maybe it's the Superman fan in me who saw it thrice. I guess I just want my favorite hero to soar on the big screen in some capacity, no matter how much the film disagrees with me. Pretty sad really.

I've seen the movie three times, wanting to see what you guys see (the burden of being a comic book/movie geek. You ***** about something and see it a million times any way.) There's some cool stuff in there, but I sure as hell don't get the GREATEST DC SUPERMAN MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! MASTERPIECE OF CINEMA WITH EHART/MARVEL/RICHAR DONNER CAN EAT A DCIK that people are getting at.

Maybe it's the Superman fan in me who saw it thrice. I guess I just want my favorite hero to soar on the big screen in some capacity, no matter how much the film disagrees with me. Pretty sad really.

You've done nothing but jab and trash this movie for days on end and you keep watching it...

No wonder you're all over this movie, apparently it did shatter your inner child. Seriously, I thought only JYE would watch a movie in the theatres 3x or more that he hated. :lol

They do that with almost every new superhero movie. It's better because it's new :cuckoo:

You've done nothing but jab and trash this movie for days on end and you keep watching it...

:lol

I liked it and have only seen it the once (i'd like to see it again though).

It's possible WB gets their money from those who don't like it with repeat viewing more than those who do.

Really? TDKR had an emotional core? I don't think so. Honestly, the only Nolam Batman film that can stand quality wise with MoS is TDK IMO.

TDKR had a big emotional core that audiences related too. Absolutely it did!

I said I like the cast and costume design. Did you not read my full review?

No, and I generally don't see whos posting because of the way my phone pans the screen, but certain people you don't have to look over after awhile to know whos posting. :lol

Not you in particular, but in every thread theres usually someone whos posts becomes easily recognizable.

TDKR had a big emotional core that audiences related too. Absolutely it did!

Can't say I agree. I can watch it for free right now on HBO and had no interest I doing so. I've been holding off seeing MoS a second time until my Dad was feeling healthy enough to see it. TDRK for me is just very very average. It had no emotional attachment for me what so ever. If it did for others that's great. MoS had several emotional attachment moments for me and was infinity times more enjoyable than TDKR for me.

Back