Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a fair point, but doesn't make MOS any less good. There are lots of examples of great movies that do not light up the box office or get universal acclaim but are underated gems.

This is absolutely true. But every once in a while, good movies are rewarded with the acclaim they deserve. You love MOS? Great! I'm happy for you. I'm just saying if you polled movie buffs and your average filmgoers, TDK is probably going to come on top. Should that change your opinion? Of course not. That boils down to your taste.

The fact that TDK came out five years later and is still something of a benchmark for the genre, means something in this era of ADD/flavor of the month of favoritism.

That is your opinion. Many others feel the exact opposite, and what makes their opinion any less valid that yours? See what I'm saying?

The fact that TDK broke box office records and had overall positive acclaim from film critics AND comic nerds is an opinion? In comparison, MOS's 56% on Rotten Tomatoes and the big drops in box office are also a matter of opinion?

This is no fantasy - no careless product of wild imagination. No, my friends. These are matters of undeniable fact.

The fact that TDK broke box office records and had overall positive acclaim from film critics AND comic nerds is an opinion? In comparison, MOS's 56% on Rotten Tomatoes and the big drops in box office are also a matter of opinion?

This is no fantasy - no careless product of wild imagination. No, my friends. These are matters of undeniable fact.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That is your opinion.

Actually, what he said isn't his opinion. :lol

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
TDK was tremendous with critics, audiences and actually had legs.

Rotten Tomatoes - 94% approval rating from critics, with an average score of 8.5/10

Metacritic - 82/100, based on 39 reviews

Roger Ebert, Rolling Stone, The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly and Empire all loved it and gave it positive reviews.

It made $534,858,444 domestic and $469,700,000 foreign at the box office for a worldwide total of $1,004,558,444. It's also the first comic book movie to ever reach over a billion dollars worldwide.

It won two Academy awards for Best Supporting Actor (Ledger) and Best Sound Editing.

So it's a fact that both critics AND fans loved TDK. :wave

So Titanic must be one of your favorite movies?

dont get me wrong, TDK is like my favorite movies ever next to SW original trilogy, but i could care less wot critics and other think of movies. We all have our own tastes.

That's awesome. Like I said, I'm glad people like it. Now, money and reviews aren't everything: Just look at THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN. That movie is a pimple on the *** of the MOS, but still did better with critics and audiences.

The moral of the story is people are stupid.

The only one really were you and I differed was with BB because Great means the same as Amazing, Meh is the same as Fair and Total Crap is the same as Poor.

Fair enough. Honestly I liked BB about the same as the TDK. More possibly in some areas.
As for TDKR, while it clearly had a few problems overall its virtues outweigh its faults and I can enjoy watching it without constantly rewriting the movie in my own head. I cannot however say that about MOS.

But thats just me.

That's awesome. Like I said, I'm glad people like it. Now, money and reviews aren't everything: Just look at THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN. That movie is a pimple on the *** of the MOS, but still did better with critics and audiences.

The moral of the story is people are stupid.

Definately MOS > ASM.

Why you calling yourself stupid. :rotfl

Dr. Mirakle cried like a baby from day one about the "violence" in this movie.

Apparently the 100 posts hes continued with since then haven't gotten his rage out for there being no Wonder Twins appearance. :lol

I also cried about the editing, shaky cam cinematography, convoluted plot, generic score and disjointed nature of the film. You know, elements that often define the quality of a film.

I also cried about the editing, shaky cam cinematography, convoluted plot, generic score and disjointed nature of the film. You know, elements that often define the quality of a film.

Cool story, can't wait for you to tell us what you didn't like tomorrow. :lol

Back