Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Has everyone seen those Henry Cavill interviews on www.supermanhomepage.com
He reminds me a fair bit of Welling, but I can't help but see Superman talking! Albeit with a British accent! I'm really excited about this film!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Is Lex Luthor in this one? I hope he's a villain. I don't think he's in enough Superman movies.

Sam Lane is responsible for the genocide of the New Kryptonians. He is the perfect xenophobic villain. Not to mention the direct Lois connection. Metallo has been an "origin" figure for Big Blue for decades. In every reboot since the Bronze Age he shows up to help figure out the details or strengths of Kryptonite. They did it perfectly in Smallville and the Animated Series. In Superman: Secret Origin there was even a Lex/government/Metallo connection.

As much as fans want Doomsday or Brainiac or Parasite but this is a real safe move in terms of a movie plot and or focus. Despite people not fully understanding it

Is Lex Luthor in this one? I hope he's a villain. I don't think he's in enough Superman movies.

62dc3152_63c2_f380.jpg

So Superman's General Sam Lane is basically Hulk's General Thunderbolt Ross and Metallo will be his Abomination?

That poster isn't how I'd see the film, but it's a good effort - that's the Cinemaquette used as the body for Cavill.

The poster is horrible, not that I could do much better, but the Cavill shots look horribly fake. Usually these fan posters are better than what we would get from the studios...

That Superman poster looks like a Lifetime movie....no one would ever see a movie like that.

I'm not too familiar with Shannon's work but I have to say I am disappointed to hear this news. We have already seen Zod, is Hollywood so near sighted that they can't see past what has already been done, do they not realize that this is where Superman Returns dropped the ball? By covering already well traveled ground? Don't get me wrong this could still be a good movie but it has a lot to prove. and by traveling the same path as Donner they are not really doing anything special.

This is a stellar cast they are putting together, but as it stand right now the movie is going to rank ...meh

Yep, even Batman Begins started with villians we have never seen before with Ras and Scarecrow. Zod is a weak choice.

Back