Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. Honestly talking about things you enjoy just isn't as interesting, there's less mileage to be had. That doesn't mean I exclusively talk about stuff I hate mind you.

To your point - no, I wouldn't post or make a thread about something I have no interest in. But I am interested in Superman. Thus I am posting in its thread. So is Celtic and anyone else you've argued with over this film. Hating something and not being interested in something are 2 very different things.

Sarcasm because your point seems a little lost to me. I get it, if you only posted in the threads for movies you liked, well... you wouldn't be posting. When theres no movies that I like I just post in the other sections. :dunno

It goes back to what we were just discussing, half full vs half empty.

As far as Celtic goes, hes a big boy, I think he can handle anything I've ever said to him in any thread, let alone the lightweight crap going on in here.

Sarcasm because your point seems a little lost to me. I get it, if you only posted in the threads for movies you liked, well... you wouldn't be posting. When theres no movies that I like I just post in the other sections. :dunno

You can not like the way a movie turned out but still be interested in it and its subject matter. I thing T3 is a terrible film but, being a Terminator fan, I will still talk about it and might even enjoy doing so sometimes. If there was a thread devoted to it chances are I'd be one of the most frequent posters. I don't see whats to be lost on you there.

One thing this thread has made me think of moreso than most is how with all this history, theres such a different "ideal" for Superman from person to person.

I find it very interesting how some people are so vehemently opposed to some of his actions or lack of actions to people that want to see more saving, etc..

I really wish when people posted they'd put a note about what defines Superman's mythos to them. Like a certain era of comics, cartoons, Smallville, etc... this is definitely a unique case where the hate all seems to spring from love for the character.

The only thing identifies Superman to me is that, he's a good, helpful man, he saves people, an ideal for humanity, and is super powerful.

That it.

You can not like the way a movie turned out but still be interested in it and its subject matter. I thing T3 is a terrible film but, being a Terminator fan, I will still talk about it and might even enjoy doing so sometimes. If there was a thread devoted to it chances are I'd be one of the most frequent posters. I don't see whats to be lost on you there.

Would you post in it more than a T1 or T2 thread if all three were actively on the front page right now?

I wouldn't and thats whats lost on me, I'm not a negative person. Its not my bag, baby. :peace

this is definitely a unique case where the hate all seems to spring from love for the character.

Yeah. That's what I'm getting at, if I neither liked the film nor particularly cared about Superman in the first place then I would not post in this thread.

Would you post in it more than a T1 or T2 thread if all three were actively on the front page right now?

I wouldn't and thats whats lost on me, I'm not a negative person. Its not my bag, baby. :peace

Hmmm...well its possible that I would. I do find it interesting to talk about 'what went wrong' with T3 and to see how many agree etc etc

The only thing identifies Superman to me is that, he's a good, helpful man, he saves people, an ideal for humanity, and is super powerful.

That it.

So, you've never watched a Superman show (cartoon or live) nor read a Superman comic?

Its not to bag on a particular fanbase, but the Superman I grew up on was obviously a mix of the cartoon plus mid 80s Superman with a mix of older stories thrown in.

I never got into Smallville so I don't have that aspect to identify with either.

You said you've read Deadpool, have you read any other comics?

Yeah. That's what I'm getting at, if I neither liked the film nor particularly cared about Superman in the first place then I would not post in this thread.

Hmmm...well its possible that I would. I do find it interesting to talk about 'what went wrong' with T3 and to see how many agree etc etc

I totally understand that, that was my basic take on the IM3 movie, except I didn't hate the movie and actually thought it was more interesting than part 2. Don't take offense that sometimes I mix in hyperbole with a reply, but I hate making multiple short messages and I reply with emotion rather than just my head.

I totally understand that, that was my basic take on the IM3 movie, except I didn't hate the movie and actually thought it was more interesting than part 2. Don't take offense that sometimes I mix in hyperbole with a reply, but I hate making multiple short messages and I reply with emotion rather than just my head.

Thanks I appreciate that. I can't rule out having done that myself in the past to be fair.

For my part I hope I don't come across overbearingly negative.

Thanks I appreciate that. I can't rule out having done that myself in the past to be fair.

For my part I hope I don't come across overbearingly negative.

I don't think you do or I probably wouldn't respond to your posts, but unfortunately when I do alot is just splatter effect...

Post one... "This movie is ****"
Post two..."This movie is crap"
Post three..." I didn't like this movie and heres why..."
Then I respond to post three who is trying to discuss events, but its like I end up putting the other non constructive posts on the person who was actually having an intelligent discussion and **** just slides sideways. :lol

**** you Psychology. :wave

I don't think you do or I probably wouldn't respond to your posts, but unfortunately when I do alot is just splatter effect...

Post one... "This movie is ****"
Post two..."This movie is crap"
Post three..." I didn't like this movie and heres why..."
Then I respond to post three who is trying to discuss events, but its like I end up putting the other non constructive posts on the person who was actually having an intelligent discussion and **** just slides sideways. :lol

**** you Psychology. :wave

I'm pretty sure I see that happening all the time on the forum but you're the first I've seen to acknowledge it and admit to it so I give you credit for that.

Something that gets levelled at me and which I can't entirely deny is that I repeat certain opinions to a degree that people can find grating. I even started to piss myself off in this and other threads a couple of weeks back with my complaint about the John Williams theme having been dropped for MOS. Sometimes I just can't help myself, I see an opportunity to bring it up again and *sigh*
In figure threads I've ranted about ball-joint heads a lot in the past week or two (I don't like them). There again, I start to annoy myself.

I suggested you were being a girl about the action and you called me a ****. STFU hypocrite. You can't take a little nudging about your holier than thou opinion, you sure shouldn't start calling people a **** then whine about name calling for three posts following. :cuckoo:

We were talking about a movie and you told me that I should "get a freaking tampon". That is just plain out rude, and you shouldn't be "nudging" people about their opinion in the first place. I called you a **** because you are one.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I see that happening all the time on the forum but you're the first I've seen to acknowledge it and admit to it so I give you credit for that.

Something that gets levelled at me and which I can't entirely deny is that I repeat certain opinions to a degree that people can find grating. I even started to piss myself off in this and other threads a couple of weeks back with my complaint about the John Williams theme having been dropped for MOS. Sometimes I just can't help myself, I see an opportunity to bring it up again and *sigh*
In figure threads I've ranted about ball-joint heads a lot in the past week or two (I don't like them). There again, I start to annoy myself.

If thats the worst things you rant about, you're doing great. :lol

We were talking about a movie and you told me to "get a freaking tampon". That is just plain out rude, and you shouldn't be "nudging" people about their opinion in the first place. I called you a **** because you are one.

And I called you out for being a little girl because you are one, get over it or put me on ignore. You wanna call me a **** then cry about insults? :slap

Maybe you shouldn't have started it in the first place and stuck to the conversation about the movie.
As far as im concerned you had it coming.

Niltusk, I don't think you get that people aren't posting for the sake of being negative. They post their problems and opposition because they care about the source, character, franchise, etc. and want it to work, but don't feel that it does. I care about Star Trek as a franchise and Superman as a character a great deal. I've been a Superman fan since I was a 2 year old. I don't like how this movie deals with him, and others feel the same. So, we post as much and try to get a grasp on what it is that went wrong, what went right, while also speculating on how things might change in the future. It's also the nature of geek film discussions to engage in debate without excluding opinions that don't fawn over the material.

And as is often the case, conflict comes from those who are huge supporters as much as it comes from those in opposition. Frequently the supporters are the real cause of it because folks take criticisms of the film as personal attacks and respond in kind, when it is really unwarranted.

Bottom line though, as Khev said, some level of respect needs to be demonstrated toward other boardies here, regardless of opinions toward the film. Some of the comments here are over the line. If folks can discuss these issues in a civil manner, then they shouldn't be discussing them at all.

Niltusk, I don't think you get that people aren't posting for the sake of being negative. They post their problems and opposition because they care about the source, character, franchise, etc. and want it to work, but don't feel that it does. I care about Star Trek as a franchise and Superman as a character a great deal. I've been a Superman fan since I was a 2 year old. I don't like how this movie deals with him, and others feel the same. So, we post as much and try to get a grasp on what it is that went wrong, what went right, while also speculating on how things might change in the future. It's also the nature of geek film discussions to engage in debate without excluding opinions that don't fawn over the material.

And as is often the case, conflict comes from those who are huge supporters as much as it comes from those in opposition. Frequently the supporters are the real cause of it because folks take criticisms of the film as personal attacks and respond in kind, when it is really unwarranted.

Bottom line though, as Khev said, some level of respect needs to be demonstrated toward other boardies here, regardless of opinions toward the film. Some of the comments here are over the line. If folks can discuss these issues in a civil manner, then they shouldn't be discussing them at all.

:goodpost::exactly::hi5:

Back