Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they think about this "big picture" but they neglect the smaller one, like proper character development, like they seem to be doing so far (bold assumption), then the "big picture" is going to be a house of cards, nothing more.

If they think about this "big picture" but they neglect the smaller one, like proper character development, like they seem to be doing so far (bold assumption), then the "big picture" is going to be a house of cards, nothing more.

I'm definitely not saying to neglect character development. Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman will all require proper origin stories. Batman, not so much.

I'm definitely not saying to neglect character development. Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman will all require proper origin stories. Batman, not so much.

I'm not even talking about Batman, I'm talking about Superman, cause it sure looks like they are neglecting him.

But we've discussed that in many occasions :lol my opinion regarding that hasn't changed.

I'm not even talking about Batman, I'm talking about Superman, cause it sure looks like they are neglecting him.

Nah, this will be at least 1 1/2 solo movies for him before Justice League. At least. Only Tony Stark has done better than that.

Nah, this will be at least 1 1/2 solo movies for him before Justice League. At least. Only Tony Stark has done better than that.

Don't even try to ignore the fact that Batman already got a full trilogy recently, part of this universe or not, they let Batman develop naturally and they're not doing the same with Supes.

We've been through this, I don't think they're letting Supes develop properly, I'm not changing my mind on this until I see more details of the plot.

Don't even try to ignore the fact that Batman already got a full trilogy recently, part of this universe or not, they let Batman develop naturally and they're not doing the same with Supes.

We've been through this, I don't think they're letting Supes develop properly, I'm not changing my mind on this until I see more details of the plot.

Batman can't help it he's more popular. Let's face it, men in brightly colored underwear just aren't as popular as they used to be. The fact is, they've got to get this Justice League thing off the ground without being upstaged by Marvel, and I think this is the perfect way to do it. Plus it sends to all the fans who were disappointed by the fact that The Dark Knight trilogy was not made to be part of the overall DC universe a clear message that they're serious about a shared universe this time. That, and it allows them to approach the Justice League movie with a method that's at least somewhat different from Marvel's, lest they be accused of being too formulaic.

That's exactly why they dropped the red briefs, I disagree, this is not the perfect way to do it, I'm all in for a shared universe, who isn't? Just not the way they're neglecting Supes with what I'm assuming is equal participation from Batman in Supes' sequel...

A simple featured appearances by Batman would have sufficed.

That's exactly why they dropped the red briefs, I disagree, this is not the perfect way to do it, I'm all in for a shared universe, who isn't? Just not the way they're neglecting Supes with what I'm assuming is equal participation from Batman in Supes' sequel...

A simple featured appearances by Batman would have sufficed.

I've heard it will be more about Superman. Plus, you never know, we could be seeing more of Superman in other people's films. I actually wouldn't mind if they took more of a free form approach to it, rather than saying, this is strictly Wonder Woman's movie, or this is strictly Batman's movie, etc. For all we know, we could be getting a Trinity movie after this, featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Or even a Wonder Woman/Superman movie. The possibilities are endless.

I've heard it will be more about Superman. Plus, you never know, we could be seeing more of Superman in other people's films. I actually wouldn't mind if they took more of a free form approach to it, rather than saying, this is strictly Wonder Woman's movie, or this is strictly Batman's movie, etc. For all we know, we could be getting a Trinity movie after this, featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Or even a Wonder Woman/Superman movie. The possibilities are endless.

Here's to hoping that I'm absolutely wrong.

I wonder why they went to announce a Flash film first instead of a WW film, to complete the trinity.

Here's to hoping that I'm absolutely wrong.

I wonder why they went to announce a Flash film first instead of a WW film, to complete the trinity.

Maybe they'll introduce Wonder Woman IN the Trinity film. Also, the Flash is an easier sell. Wonder Woman will require a little bit of work, plus the obvious evidence of DC's growing popularity before they would chance it. Flash has more possibility of succeeding as a standalone film, I think.

If you're counting the Nolan Trilogy, you might as well count Superman Returns, since they both have equal bearing on the Justice League universe. In that case, Supes has two recent solo films and Bats has three. Not that far ahead.

There is no Flash movie in development. That was just a rumor. Barry Allen will appear in The Arrow, and possibly spin off from that.

There is no Flash movie in development. That was just a rumor. Barry Allen will appear in The Arrow, and possibly spin off from that.

Maybe. But if logic holds any weight in Hollywood, and if DC knows what they're doing (both longshots, I know), then there should be.

If you're counting the Nolan Trilogy, you might as well count Superman Returns, since they both have equal bearing on the Justice League universe. In that case, Supes has two recent solo films and Bats has three. Not that far ahead.

The point is not quantity, the point is that they let Batman develop properly and naturally.

Oh right, 3 different reimaginings of Batman that went through completely unaltered and now that we get one proper modern reimagining of Supes, and that's supposed to be enough... No sir!.

Maybe they'll introduce Wonder Woman IN the Trinity film. Also, the Flash is an easier sell. Wonder Woman will require a little bit of work, plus the obvious evidence of DC's growing popularity before they would chance it. Flash has more possibility of succeeding as a standalone film, I think.

Yeah, it's easier to explain the Flash, plus it'll be fun.

Just thought it would be more logical and fan pleasing to introduce WW first.w,

Back