Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some would argue that it's his first time as Superman and he didn't have a choice. .

The first time I drove a car, I didn't really pay attention to the road signs, and killed a few people.

But it was my first time driving a car.

The first time I drove a car, I didn't really pay attention to the road signs, and killed a few people.

Exactly. That's a great comparison. I would know how to handle an alien invasion, no big deal, just like driving a car. :slap:lol

You're right. How would Superman know that it's wrong to fight a supermonster in the middle of a crowded street....it's something he had to learn.

Saving people is also a trait he needed to learn too. That's not something you instinctively catch on by growing up with fellow human beings.

There we go, good analogy to counter that argument :).

You're right. How would Superman know that it's wrong to fight a supermonster in the middle of a crowded street....it's something he had to learn.

Saving people is also a trait he needed to learn too. That's not something you instinctively catch on by growing up with fellow human beings.
:goodpost:

Avengers conveyed that they were trying to contain the destruction, evacuating civilians, along with showing the aftermath and its consequences.

Yes, we can also assume that all those things happened in Man of Steel in the background, but by choosing not to show it they made destruction just a visual show without any depth or human connection, when there is the fact that several humans have indeed died in the process.

No. Because The Avengers actually saved some people. But then again, that movie wasn't grimdark, so I never took it seriously, or at least as serious as Man of Steel took itself.

Let's take a look at all the wonderful things Superman did during the final fight.

Right after Zod fights Supes in the building, they both fly away because the building is falling. They shoot out. We watch people, who are within distance of the debris cloud....

Superman then CRASHES DOWN in a CROWDED street, and lands with a hard thud. People duck the **** out of the way.

The next shot is a shot of...either Zod, or the building around them CRUMBLING.

Now, you might say..."There ain't no one in those cars!"

Well, the very next shot is...

So, where's Superman?

He's in the dust...and he emerges. A real hero!

NAh....lemme punch Zod some more, IN THE MIDDLE OF A STREET FILLED WITH PEOPLE.

Zod hurls a goddamn tanker truck at him, and what does he do? He flys UP.

And it explodes.

He stands there like a badass. Wow. Thanks Superman.

They fight some more, and then comes the building scene. Zod is crawling up the side of the building, being evil...so Superman decides to fly CLOSE enough to cause even more destruction....

And then...

How many people do you think died from that?

What about the falling satellite?

No part of his brain clicked and thought "Hmm...maybe this could hurt someone. I probably shouldn't be in the city...."

But no. Goyer and Snyder wanted to be grimdark, and make Superman into a non hero.

Wow. Great quality pics, I can easily tell what point you're trying to make. It wouldve been easy for Sperman to convince Zod to fight elsewhere, and I'm sure he would've listened. "Hey Zod, follow me into space so you'll stop killing all these people." Sure thing Superman!:lol

It would've been easier if hack writers didn't write crappy things.

It would've been easier, and cheaper, to write

EXT. Metropolis - Day

Superman rises from the rubble. He glances at Zod, who is charging at him. Superman smiles.

SUPERMAN
Come on, Zod...

Superman SHOOTS up into space, leaving a small crater in his wake.
Zod, growls, and shoots up as well, chasing Superman into the atmosphere.

EXT. Space

Superman levels out. The Earth glows below them as it spins slowly.

The final battle begins.

Holy ****. Wow. That took a lot out of me.

Yes. It was, wasn't?

Here's Goyer's script for comparison.

EX CITYDAY

SUPERMAN PUNCHES ZOD THRU BILDINGS AND THEN FIGHTS HIM BECAUSE ITS KEWL.

Disagree. That seemed more about being forced to kill one of the last Kryptonians, than feeling anguish for the innocents killed.

Well, I said "combined". But yeah, it's arguable.

As for CP's points, it's been said before: it's not like Superman had much of a choice about where to fight Zod.
It was quite clear that Zod was threatening the human population and quite doubtful that he would fly in pursuit rather than finish off the entire city. Why would he want to chase Superman? He wasn't in a hurry... Chances are, if Superman flew away to try to lure him out of the city, Zod would just stay back and hurt his precious earthlings... At any rate, Superman had his hands full trying to match Zod blow for blow, he was never really in charge.

But we've had this debate already, and we all have our opinions that will not be swayed.

:peace

EXT. Metropolis - Day

Superman rises from the rubble. He glances at Zod, who is charging at him. Superman smiles.

SUPERMAN
Come on, Zod...

EXT. Space

The final battle begins.

Yeah, the amount of thought that went into that must've been quite something... :D

EXT. Metropolis - Day

SUPERMAN
Come on, Zod...

EXT. Space

The final battle begins.

tumblr_mb6x9u8tZv1r7qqhfo1_250.gif

The only thing you forgot in your ending was Richard Pryor coming out at the end credits and telling Clark that hes going to be part of the Justice League initiative.

Wow. :slap

EXT. Metropolis - Day

SUPERMAN
Come on, Zod...

Zod, growls, flips superman the bird and starts eye lasering more of the city.

EXT. Space

Superman levels out. Realizes Zod didn't follow him, rolls eyes and mutters "sh**"....*flies back to metropolis*

I made some changes, showing what I would have liked to see :monkey3

Back