Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at Marvel and THE AVENGERS series. No reason there can't be more solo Supes after JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Batman isn't taking over. WB is just letting Zack move towards building a larger, connected DC film universe and they don't want to take 5-10 years to do it. This is the best way... Pulling Bats into the MOS follow-up instantly opens it all up. They need more than just fun Easter Eggs for fans to do it.

And there will still be other Superman sequels where he is solo. If this works, we're going to be getting a ton of cool DC movies. Solo flicks, cross-over teamups, Justice League and more.

:exactly: 100% the way I have felt since they talked about expanding the DC Universe starting with MoS. They really said that from the beginning thats what they want to do. And they aren't just going to do it the same way as Marvel, they need to do it their own way.

If WB can integrate Batman into the Man of Steel sequel better than Marvel integrated Fury, Widow, and SHIELD into Iron Man 2, I think they'll be fine.

You are assuming the material that was cut is enough to fix what's considered wrong with Man of Steel.

And I doubt an extended cut of TDKR would have made the people who dislike the film as it is now change their tune.

You are assuming the material that was cut is enough to fix what's considered wrong with Man of Steel.

And I doubt an extended cut of TDKR would have made the people who dislike the film as it is now change their tune.

Probably right, it would've just been an additional 35 seconds of the Tumbler shooting a rocket or something. :lol

Not sure what exactly Snyder was getting at, but I have no problem with mass destruction and quasi-genocide in a Superman film. Heck, in any super-hero movie.
Whatever, those who didn't like the movie still won't like it.

Not sure what exactly Snyder was getting at, but I have no problem with mass destruction and quasi-genocide in a Superman film. Heck, in any super-hero movie.
Whatever, those who didn't like the movie still won't like it.

It's not that there was, it's that Superman really wan't all that emotional about it. It's like Batman quitting. Fundamentally off from who this character is (or was before this film).

Some would argue that it's his first time as Superman and he didn't have a choice. But more than the destruction it was the lack of its effect and consequences that should have been conveyed in the movie. Pacific Rim even managed to do a good job on that part. Avengers did that really well too.

Thousands have likely died in Man of Steel and nobody cares or at least that impact was not portrayed on screen.

I enjoyed many parts and aspects of the movie, but the later half left me disappointed.

It's not that there was, it's that Superman really wan't all that emotional about it. It's like Batman quitting. Fundamentally off from who this character is (or was before this film).

Some would argue that it's his first time as Superman and he didn't have a choice. But more than the destruction it was the lack of its effect and consequences that should have been conveyed in the movie. Pacific Rim even managed to do a good job on that part. Avengers did that really well too.

Thousands have likely died in Man of Steel and nobody cares or at least that impact was not portrayed on screen.

I enjoyed many parts and aspects of the movie, but the later half left me disappointed.

Points taken, but I felt he (Superman) let out his (combined) anguish when he killed Zod.

Points taken, but I felt he (Superman) let out his (combined) anguish when he killed Zod.

Yep. Movie was long enough without the Tobey Maguire scenes. I'm assuming the characters in the movie pissed occassionally as well, but I didn't need that on screen either.

I was actually kind of surprised about Snyder's opinion tbh, cause on film he seemed to go out of his way to have people dodge the Kryptonians on screen, but this may have just been a conscious decision to stay well under the ratings radar. :dunno

Back