Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made some changes, showing what I would have liked to see :monkey3

Biojex wins...

Sub-Zero_Flawless_Victory.jpg

No. Because The Avengers actually saved some people. But then again, that movie wasn't grimdark, so I never took it seriously, or at least as serious as Man of Steel took itself.

MoS had a real villain, Loki and the Chitauri were childsplay, the teen titans go! could have dealt with him.

Right after Zod fights Supes in the building, they both fly away because the building is falling. They shoot out. We watch people, who are within distance of the debris cloud....

Superman then CRASHES DOWN in a CROWDED street, and lands with a hard thud. People duck the **** out of the way.

The next shot is a shot of...either Zod, or the building around them CRUMBLING.

I guess people couldn't run away from the debris cloud?

Also, Superman was falling down, it wasn't intentional.

Now, you might say..."There ain't no one in those cars!"

Well, the very next shot is...
That wasn't even where the fall took place.

So, where's Superman?

He's in the dust...and he emerges. A real hero!
Well yeah, just right after he hit the ground, where's superman? How about falling down?

NAh....lemme punch Zod some more, IN THE MIDDLE OF A STREET FILLED WITH PEOPLE.

I only saw 2 people in that scene.

Zod hurls a goddamn tanker truck at him, and what does he do? He flys UP.

Yeah he should have stopped it.

They fight some more, and then comes the building scene. Zod is crawling up the side of the building, being evil...so Superman decides to fly CLOSE enough to cause even more destruction....

Zod was climbing up the building, if Superman wanted to attack him, he needed to fly close to the bulding.

And then...

How many people do you think died from that?

None? If you payed attention when Zod says "this only ends one way" there's no one around.

What about the falling satellite?

No part of his brain clicked and thought "Hmm...maybe this could hurt someone. I probably shouldn't be in the city...."

Hmmm maybe you missed the part where it was Zod the one who tossed the satellite at Supes and THEN split it in 2 causing the falling pieces, Superman was barely able to stop it before Zod split it in half.

But no. Goyer and Snyder wanted to be grimdark, and make Superman into a non hero.

Actually it was pretty heroic to save the whole damn planet and saving people when he actually had the chance.

You're right, saving people is not a learned trait, and he did a lot of it, what it IS a learned trait is how to single handedly manage to deal with an Alien invasion of such proportions.

Last edited:
:lol:rotfl:lol Zod's plot was equally simplistic. You DC fanatics spend too much time swimming in kiddy pools, looking for the deep end.

Not really, plus Zod actually had the means to achieve his goal, Loki didn't.

Also, I'm not a DC fan per say, just a comic book fan overall.

Zod's only motive was "They made me bad, so im gonna be bad."

Which is far more interesting than the tired old unidimensional shallow megalomaniac.

Zod's army got killed by a few human beings. But that's all silly pointless nerd crap. It's not about how tough the villains are, but how their characters are developed.

Avengers developed Loki. Man of Steel didn't develop anything.

They were not killed, and not by humans, humans didn't kill the kryptonian crew, they created a wormhole and they got sucked into it, seriously, arrows, how can you argue that?

Avengers didn't develop Loki, he was the exact same character that appeared in Thor, in fact, he was lamer in the Avengers, he was more interesting in Thor.

And MoS developed many things, one of them was Zod, he certainly went through more changes than Loki.

MOS can't be entirely blamed for what DC hasn't figured out yet: how to properly update Superman or the whole "Kryptonian" thing for the 21st century. The genetic engineering angle was an interesting take, if only a little half-baked.

Who cares about which villain was stronger? The importance of that whole scene is to see The Avengers come together and work as a team. That's it.

The importance of the final fight of Man of Steel is to see Superman punch things.

One has actual pay off...the other does not.

I think the genetic thing combined with the codex was well executed, I just didn't like that Supes destroyed the ship, unless they come up with an idea to bring Kandor back ala Brainiac bottle city.

This small argument started based on the fact that I said MoS had a real villain, so it does matter for the sake of this argument.

The importance of the final fight was to see Superman punch things and commit himself to the human kind.

Both paid off.

Except he didn't commit himself. He punched buildings, and broke some dude's neck while screaming. He never once....and there is nothing you can do to prove me wrong, he never once showed any care for the human race.

He broke the thingy, but that's it. He never had a moment of "Sweet lord, this is awful!"

Him screaming at the death of Zod was purely, 100% about that, and that alone. IF Snyder wanted to suggest that was for everything, then he did a piss poor job at that. Or Goyer did. I don't know. **** it.

Yes, Supes' scream while killing Zod was solely about that.

But I can prove you wrong, among the many things he did that proves that he cares, one was seen when he saved the falling soldier from the chopper and actually stopped to ask if he was ok.

Also, by destroying the ship he also proved his commitment to the human kind.

There, you're wrong.

Saved one guy. In another scene. Good for him. Doesn't make up for having a fist-a-cuffs battle in the middle of a crowded ****ing street.

Back