Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just showed you he did.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHuzgMe7Pas[/ame]

At 33 seconds, you see people ducking out of the way while Superman comes crashing down to the street.

People are in those cars. You can see them come out.

At 1:01, when Zod pushes Superman back, you see a man run out of the way.

Already refuted that point, he fell down he didn't throw himself towards the people, by the time of the explosion there's no one in screen, when Zod punches Supes there's 2 people running away, that's not crowded, also Supes manages to stop from going further backwards.

Oh, and the people peeking out of the cars later wasn't where the fall took place.

I'm sure you'll be able to see more people in the blu ray. Point...mother ****ers like Superman should not fight dudes like that in the middle of a populated area.....and WANT to do it.

Yeah, imagine Superman trying to detour the fight and Zod not following him because he previously stated that his objective at that point was to hurt people, and then proceeds to do it cause Superman isn't there...

So why exactly do people make Superman not saving people during the final battle a big deal, when the Avengers let people die all over the place at the end of theirs? Surely people died off screen every time one of those big flying creatures were pulled to the ground, hitting everything on the way down.

Superman 2 trucker bully scene still stirs emotions.

MOS trucker bully scene is as bland as Miley Cyrus dancing and lip syncing.

Idk, I'm an undefeated fighter and I've been in situations like that and it felt very real for me. In fact, I think I understood Superman a lot better because while I would've kept my composure, I'm pretty sure my anger would have been on my face but Cavill's face looked so sad, like he didn't understand why people would treat each other this way. Very inspiring.

Anyway, here's a statement from Snyder on the destruction
https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/zack-snyder-on-man-of-steels-massive-death-toll

Superman 2 bully trucker scene got nothing from me, it was actually bland, and I was thinking that any geek could beat the crap out of that flimsy trucker, even more considering Clark was way bigger than him.

Idk, I'm an undefeated fighter and I've been in situations like that and it felt very real for me. In fact, I think I understood Superman a lot better because while I would've kept my composure, I'm pretty sure my anger would have been on my face but Cavill's face looked so sad, like he didn't understand why people would treat each other this way. Very inspiring.

Very well put :goodpost:

Also, u do mma or box?

Very well put :goodpost:

Also, u do mma or box?

Thanks, I'm a wrestler turned MMA guy. I've been fighting this past year and I won the belt by taking the fight on short notice and then I defended it once in May. I'd post a video to one of my fights but I don't think it would be appropriate. You can find it by typing in "Kia title defense"

All this arguing to-and-fro regarding whether there was death and destruction in cars/buildings/streets seem moot to me, seeing as Snyder himself has stated that there was mass death and destruction just as Nam and Cetlic state.

The fact that anyone thought a script that has Superman - supposedly, from this new film we are supposed to regard him as the hero of the new age - showing that he cares not a jot about it, at all (or at least cares very little about it), was going to be in any way acceptable....was deluded.

Which just goes to show just how wrong Snyder, Goyer and especially Nolan were for this new Superman movie...and exposes just how much they did not get Superman at all. The magnitude of their miss is just stunning! What is also alarming is that, it seems, perception has dropped so significantly that the average movie goer cannot see that either.

Spectacle, spectacle, spectacle...that's all MoS was, and all that was wanted, it seems. With a Superman that was every inch the wishy-washy, moping emo this time, as the moping stalker emo that Brandon Routh was asked to play in Superman Returns.

But at least the Routh version retained that 100% vital and central core of the Superman character....He was born of honest, noble Kryptonian parents and was raised by honest, noble Terran parents. His sense of justice, decency and honour was instilled in him from his earliest memories.

The standout character to me was Zod, without a doubt. It may just be trying to compensate, but Zod was almost like a caged animal with no choices. He wanted them, he wanted choices, but his Kryptonian breeding (forced upon him) meant that he just did not have them, but he obviously has an awareness of them. This is obvious from his growing rage as to why this fellow Kryptonian is not only not joining him, but actually resisting him...But also deciding to side with a lesser species...?

I thought Shannon was great as Zod.

Last edited:
All this arguing to-and-fro regarding whether the was death and destruction in cars/buildings/streets seem moot to me, seeing as Snyder himself has stated that there was mass death and destruction just as Nam and Cetlic state.

The fact that anyone thought a script that has Superman - supposedly, from this new film we are supposed to regard him as the hero of the new age - showing that he cares not a jot about it, at all. Or at least, cares very little about it.

Which just goes to show just how wrong Snyder, Goyer and especially Nolan were for this new Superman movie...and exposes just how much they did not get Superman at all. The magnitude of their miss is just stunning! What is also alarming is that, it seems, perception has dropped so significantly that the average movie goer cannot see that either.

Spectacle, spectacle, spectacle...that's all MoS was, and all that was wanted, it seems. With a Superman that was every inch the wishy-washy, moping emo this time, as the moping stalker emo that Brandon Routh was asked to play in Superman Returns.

But at least the Routh version retained that 100% vital and central core of the Superman character....He was born of honest, noble Kryptonian parents and was raised by honest, noble Terran parents. His sense of justice, decency and honour was instilled in him from his earliest memories.

The standout character to me was Zod, without a doubt. It may just be trying to compensate, but Zod was almost like a caged animal with noc choices. He wanted them, he wanted choices, but his Kryptonian breeding (forced upon him) meant that he just did not have them, but he obviously has an awareness of them. This is obvious from his growing rage as to why this fellow Kryptonian is not only not joining him, but actually resisting him...But also deciding to side with a lesser species...?

I thought Shannon was great as Zod.

I disagree with pretty much everything you said! :lol

I think there was much more depth and character to this Superman incarnation than anything that went before. His core as a good person who wants to do good is intact, but at least it's not just something that we are expected to simply take at face value "because he was raised in Kansas by nice farmer people". There were real issues as to what it means to have god-like powers, what makes us "human", what is right and wrong... it wasn't just a simple "spectacle" as so many want to deride it, it was actually an intelligent and insightful look at how Superman's character is formed, and how he becomes a hero. It wasn't facile, didn't just go "oh, he's was raised by nice folks so he now just goes to be a hero".

It wasn't a perfect movie, it had many flaws, but it was a great movie and a great way to introduce the character again.

Anyway, this is an endless discussion, a very fun one to read though.

:peace

Sorry, forgot to mention that I don't disagree with Zod being a great character!
I totally agree with your analysis. And Shannon was awesome.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I don't disagree with Zod being a great character!
I totally agree with your analysis. And Shannon was awesome.

:lol That's fine...I'll bite. :hi5:

That cannot be real the argument, because the super powers are just window dressing.

If this "...core as a good person..." is something he possessed, this actually supports my thought that it was trained into him by his families. It didn't just suddenly appear. So the need for his doleful mopy soul searching becomes irrelevant. So, by association, the whole first half of the film.

Back