Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
40_medium.gif

A friend of mine went to the same church as Rob Liefeld, he drew a lot of pictures for the church program and Children's Worship. I have somewhere some of the stuff he did for church. At a cinvention he had a stack of papers sitting next to him he was going to throw away and I ask them what they were he said sketches, I flip through and took the original sketch at New Mutants 98 before it was on the larger size. It was his first draft and looks identical to the original. I have met a lot of comic book artist going to conventions and most of them have been pretty cool, Sam Kieth did a bunch of Wolverine and Aliens comics drew me a bunch of pictures due to him being so bored because no one knew who he was at the time. Erik Larson asked me if you could take my whole Spider Man collection to lunch and sign every one of them, I guess he was impressed that I had all the issues I let him take them and sure enough he signed every one of them.
sent from my R2 unit

A friend of mine went to the same church as Rob Liefeld, he drew a lot of pictures for the church program and Children's Worship. I have somewhere some of the stuff he did for church. At a cinvention he had a stack of papers sitting next to him he was going to throw away and I ask them what they were he said sketches, I flip through and took the original sketch at New Mutants 98 before it was on the larger size. It was his first draft and looks identical to the original. I have met a lot of comic book artist going to conventions and most of them have been pretty cool, Sam Kieth did a bunch of Wolverine and Aliens comics drew me a bunch of pictures due to him being so bored because no one knew who he was at the time. Erik Larson asked me if you could take my whole Spider Man collection to lunch and sign every one of them, I guess he was impressed that I had all the issues I let him take them and sure enough he signed every one of them.
sent from my R2 unit

In all fairness to Liefeld, he might be a really nice guy in person but he should retire completely from comics. He's probably developed a pretty thick skin over the years. :lol

Alex appears to be the opposite, great talent but a ****** to the max. From what Nam was saying, I probably couldn't stand Ross face to face.

This junk is timeless. I can't tell you how hard I was laughing the first time I saw that mockup.

His legacy lives on...

liefeld_popeye.jpg

When he opened the Kingdom Come hardcover to sign it for my wife, he flipped through the first few pages. I asked what he was doing and he said, "Making sure I'm the only one who signs it." I thought that was odd and after handing him Terminator #1 to sign as well, I asked what's up? "I just don't like other people taking credit for my success." Thought it was VERY odd and he waved me off to sign the next person's schwag (which I had no prob with as the line was huge).

Following year, Wade was at WonderCon and I explained the story to him and he basically stated that Ross takes 100% of the credit for anything he does being successful and blames everybody else for his failures (like his own series which flopped). Wade said that I was lucky Alex was the first person to sign it because Ross would've refused if anybody else had signed it, thinking the owner felt the other person's contributions were greater than Ross'. "So basically, he's an egotist?" Wade replied with, "******* fits better."

It's really a shame because otherwise, the guy seems completely cool and as big a geek as any of us. A shame he let his success go to his head. :(

That's odd to hear. I met Ross at NYCC 2008, and he was an awesome guy. Very friendly, and he signed all my stuff, no problem; even let me get a picture. Suffice it to say, I guess all folks have their good and bad days. I encountered Burt Ward at Wizard World Philly, years ago, and he wasn't the friendliest dude, but I've heard of other folks on the forum swearing he's the nicest guy in the world.

That's odd to hear. I met Ross at NYCC 2008, and he was an awesome guy. Very friendly, and he signed all my stuff, no problem; even let me get a picture. Suffice it to say, I guess all folks have their good and bad days. I encountered Burt Ward at Wizard World Philly, years ago, and he wasn't the friendliest dude, but I've heard of other folks on the forum swearing he's the nicest guy in the world.

I totally get what you're saying, my wife was a complete ***** yesterday, but others see her as very friendly. :rotfl

I totally get what you're saying, my wife was a complete ***** yesterday, but others see her as very friendly. :rotfl

Wait... are you saying someone may have had a bad day, and that we shouldn't judge and label them based on one occassion and opinion? Are you trying to say this man could still be a decent human being even though he made baby Jesus (Nam) weep on a particular day?

tumblr_ma327q39xN1qcwyxho1_400.gif

It's a shame to hear Ross is a jerk. He is immensely talented.

Sometimes the worst thing that can happen to the prettiest girl in school is the day she realizes she's the prettiest girl in school.

Most people once they get success let it go to there head. Some of them don't though.

Wait... are you saying someone may have had a bad day, and that we shouldn't judge and label them based on one occassion and opinion? Are you trying to say this man could still be a decent human being even though he made baby Jesus (Nam) weep on a particular day?

tumblr_ma327q39xN1qcwyxho1_400.gif

It's not me he pissed off, it's his colleagues. But I guess you'd need basic reading comprehension to get the gist of that. :huh

Back