Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: Because personal experience and explanations from colleagues mean squat. :lol

Your personal experience was bad; mine was good. I'd say the forces are in balance.:lol As for the remark by Waid, do you know him well enough to know what kind of person he is? I'm just saying, we don't have dinner with these people every week; we wait in line for them to sign our **** and then listen to someone else we don't know say that they're dicks.

Well it does add weight to Nam's story that Ross was checking for signatures.

Honestly, Kingdom Come was a great story and art. Mark Waid was the lead writer.

Justice was great art but the story wasn't nearly as memorable. Alex Ross was the lead writer.

So if Ross thinks he can do it on his own.... I disagree.

When he opened the Kingdom Come hardcover to sign it for my wife, he flipped through the first few pages. I asked what he was doing and he said, "Making sure I'm the only one who signs it." I thought that was odd and after handing him Terminator #1 to sign as well, I asked what's up? "I just don't like other people taking credit for my success." Thought it was VERY odd and he waved me off to sign the next person's schwag (which I had no prob with as the line was huge).

Following year, Wade was at WonderCon and I explained the story to him and he basically stated that Ross takes 100% of the credit for anything he does being successful and blames everybody else for his failures (like his own series which flopped). Wade said that I was lucky Alex was the first person to sign it because Ross would've refused if anybody else had signed it, thinking the owner felt the other person's contributions were greater than Ross'. "So basically, he's an egotist?" Wade replied with, "******* fits better."

It's really a shame because otherwise, the guy seems completely cool and as big a geek as any of us. A shame he let his success go to his head. :(

:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I met Bruce Campbell at a book signing once. He has a reputation for being a d-ck but he was awesome. The bookstore ran out of room for the crowd and he ran outside and told everyone to stick around, he'd make sure they all got some time. He talked for an hour (great storyteller) and took his time speaking with everyone.

We all have good days and bad.

Bruce Campbell has this attitude that's very, very, very tongue in cheek. If you're not aware of it, you can see how he could come off as a ****.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmFCMhAKeU[/ame]

Nobody every spoke that way about Jack Kirby. Not only was he one of the fathers of comics as we know them but a decent down to earth guy.
Maybe that's part of the reason he got screwed so bad out of receiving proper credit for his various creations that now all get officially attributed to Stan Lee. . .too nice a guy.

I'm pretty damn sure that's exactly what happened.

Well, Lee is smart enough not to pretend like Kirby had nothing to do with these creations. He does love himself some adulation and at 90+ I'll give him permanent victory lap privileges. I just wish Kirby could have lived to make his own cameos in these movies! :monkey2

Same thing happened with Bill Finger and Bob Kane (except Lee doesn't seem like a ****** to me, seems like a genuinely good man). Finger got **** on completely and died a poor man without every getting any of the credit.

Bob Kane? He ate it all up and was a complete media whore.

[ame]https://youtu.be/f63MZR3npsw[/ame]

Same thing happened with Bill Finger and Bob Kane. Finger got **** on completely and died a poor man without every getting any of the credit.

Bob Kane was nearly able to completely erase Bill Finger from history. As much as Lee doesn't go out of his way to mention Kirby, I'd hesitate lumping his name in with Kane's.

Yeah, I edited it before your post. I didn't want people to think I was insinuating Stan was anything like Bob Kane or that the situation was the same. No way was Lee like Kane, you can even tell in the vid. I can't tell if Kane is joking when he's ripping on Lee and the show or if he really did think he was hot **** that was better than all of them.

That, added with Waid's reinforcement seem to have gone completely ignored by people. :lol

It didn't, Waid's comments were released just after MoS came out, I disagree with them too, I just didn't feel like restarting an argument in which I refuted possibly every single retort and can go on forever.

Things moved on....

It didn't, Waid's comments were released just after MoS came out, I disagree with them too, I just didn't feel like restarting an argument in which I refuted possibly every single retort and can go on forever.

Things moved on....

I thought he was talking about Waid's comments regarding Ross.

Same thing happened with Bill Finger and Bob Kane (except Lee doesn't seem like a ****** to me, seems like a genuinely good man). Finger got **** on completely and died a poor man without every getting any of the credit.

https://youtu.be/f63MZR3npsw

Yeah I always hate when people talk about Batman as Bob Kane's creation and seem oblivious to Bill Finger. It's a real crime that he never got the recognition he deserves, but I think most people into comics knows the story and hopefully respects Bill Fingers contribution. It's not much but at least he's finally getting some recognition, even if he's not around to enjoy it.

Kane took credit for Batman, Robin and Joker. It's very likely the greater creative influence was from Finger - who also helped create the Batmobile, Batcave, Gotham City, Catwoman, Riddler, Challengers of the Unknown, Green Lantern, and other DC properties.

It's hard to find an example of someone so well hidden from their success as Bill Finger. He lives on as a cautionary example at DC to this day.

Exactly, I always hate seeing footage out there of Kane talking about Batman and people talking about the character as Kane's creation. Like some of the documentaries on the DVD's for the movies where they talk about "what Bob Kane created back in 1939" and I just get frustrated that more people don't realise and acknowledge Finger.

Back