Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Im not up to date on superman but please tell me thats not the chick that's with general Zod in the old movie's.

It's not. The chick in the old movies is Ursa BUT Ursa was based on Faora. :lol

Interesting:

Just after publishing this, I saw that Variety has confirmed that Antje Traue is Faora, as discussed above. While it doesn’t have specifics, the trade suggests she’ll play a character based on a later revision of Faora, “the version of Faora that debuted in Action Comics #779 as a Pokolistanian aide of General Zod. That character was an orphan metahuman with the ability to disrupt molecular bonds, which allowed her to create a mutagenic virus that served as the linchpin of Zod’s plan.”

Yea I know can't we have somebody else for once like metalo or that absorbing guy. Why always zod ?

Again? It's only been 30 years. Seriously, it needs to be redone anyways, let's see what he's got.
The casting has been terrific so far kiddies, so let's put off the whining till we actually see a trailer mmmmk?

In Smallville Zod and Faora are the parents of Doomsday - and in the comics they are the parents of Chris Kent ( I think). Maybe it will turn out they're really Jason's (from SR) parents.

AMEN. ____ anything and everything to do with Superman Returns storywise, although I loved the visuals.

They are really pushing for Snyder's version to be different, something new despite using some recognizable characters. Krypton has been referenced to more like Coruscant from the PT than anything else so I can't wait to see their takes on Zod, Faora and especially how they tackle the Super suit and Metropolis.

Well let's play Devil's Advocate for a moment. Most of the general populous knows the Christopher Reeve movies right? Which means their knowledge of villains goes Lex, Zod, Nuclear Man for the most part. Smallville has done a good job of introducing Superman to a new generation for the most part...or at least Clark....but it's not exactly the ratings smash that people saw in the past with Lois & Clark but it has it's core. That core will go see this regardless. Most comic nerds will be there despite any _____ing and moaning but they need to get the rest of the people there and what better way than to play on a reinvention of a character generally known?

A really unoriginal way to go would have been Lex. Zod is a step up from that at least.

I'll grant you that Zod is a step up, but ther is so much more out there that they could have picked from. let me give you something else to think on.

Before batman Begins, how many people in the general populace knew who scarecrow, or Ras'al'Ghoul were?

A better way to distance itself from the Donner films Would have been to go with a new villian, that he had not yet done. if it works, come back and do Zod later.

Braniac. Bizarro. Mongul! Hell, give him an earthly badguy in the form of hank Henshaw, or Metallo.

A while back there was talk of using an actual Super villain, which was a plus. Some roumers that he was going to use zod created a big stink, to which he came out and said he never said that he planned to use zod.

And now this.
Meh, my interest in this film just dropped a bit. Much like superman Returns, I'll still go see it as it's a superman, but I'm not expecting much any more.

Hell I rather have Lex luther than Zod . I mean I really want superman to fight someone other than Zod for once. I really want to see bizzaro or at least brainiac. It's like doing the spidey reboot and putting green goblin in the first one.

5716482450_17525e4727_z.jpg

redmc.jpg

Fan art I ran across on SuperheroHype. Not mine. Looks professional. I like it ... a lot. The first one is the original ... but I actually like the second one (an alteration by another fan) better.

https://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=350379&page=38

https://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q=man of steel#/d3g8nc9

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back