Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just rewatched this to see if there was anything I was missing. Still think it's mediocre, but I was reminded of a few cool things like the screaming Fraggle at the beginning on Krypton, and Goldberg's WCW intro just before Superman flies. :p One of the things I still don't get is if Jor-El infused Kal with all the Kryptonian DNA of the Kotex :)lol), why couldn't they have just pulled it out of the sample they took of his blood?

I was thinking that too. Do they have to extract it from millions of cells? Are there only a small of kryptonians in his blood? Dunno.

Just rewatched this to see if there was anything I was missing. Still think it's mediocre, but I was reminded of a few cool things like the screaming Fraggle at the beginning on Krypton, and Goldberg's WCW intro just before Superman flies. :p One of the things I still don't get is if Jor-El infused Kal with all the Kryptonian DNA of the Kotex :)lol), why couldn't they have just pulled it out of the sample they took of his blood?

And what would Zod of done with it once he had it? Rebuild the skull and praise it?

Pretty sure he was going to start making babies with it in the scout ship. That's why he was freaking out when Superman was about to destroy the ship.

I thought that too, but the question still remains. If it was attached to his DNA, and they took a fat blood sample, why couldn't they just extract it from that? Or does Goyer not understand how DNA works? :lol

I thought, being that the Codex attached itself to his blood cells they would need all of them to extract the codex completely. For all we know they started to extract it from the tiny bit of blood they got. But that surely wasn't enough to create an army/ save a civilization.

There has to be a reason, if not then they didn't even have to take the blood sample. They could have just let him go after coughing up blood on the spaceship floor. :lol

I thought, being that the Codex attached itself to his blood cells they would need all of them to extract the codex completely. For all we know they started to extract it from the tiny bit of blood they got. But that surely wasn't enough to create an army/ save a civilization.

There has to be a reason, if not then they didn't even have to take the blood sample. They could have just let him go after coughing up blood on the spaceship floor. :lol

Well, they'd said that Jor-El had imprinted it on his DNA, while showing the visuals of it all over his blood cells. So I guess we're left with a shallow, unexplained major plot device, given that was the main reason Zod wanted to find Kal-El. :lol

It's almost to the point where if any new movie in the immediate future even mentions "DNA" or "terraforming" I'm just going to get up and walk out.

:rotfl:rotfl

I can't even get myself to purchase the DVD.

I just don't have the desire to watch this movie ever again, all those cool flying and fighting effects, wasted.

Why is it that the Marvel movies invite repeat viewings thru ownership.

But TDKR/MOS, never again.

I just don't have the desire to ever watch this movie again. :(

All those cool flying and fighting effects, wasted.

You get to see forgoten and new things though, like I pointed out. The roaring Fraggle in the beginning on Krypton and the Goldberg WCW intro theme just before Hopeman flies. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Interesting you compare it with one of the biggest issues SW fans have with the prequel trilogy. :lol

When are writers going to get a clue. It seems the most universally NOT loved "hero" films are the ones that involve the main character having weird DNA due their dad messing with them. Ang Lee's Hulk, the SW PT, and now MoS. Figure it out. That's not what audiences are into.

When are writers going to get a clue. It seems the most universally NOT loved "hero" films are the ones that involve the main character having weird DNA due their dad messing with them. Ang Lee's Hulk, the SW PT, and now MoS. Figure it out. That's not what audiences are into.

The Ang HULK is unfairly criticized, I'm a big fan of the film. :huh

If it makes sense, it can work. Raimi didn't have an issue with it in his Spider-Man series. Web's knockoff is also enjoying a pleasant run. :lol I think it's more an issue of when they focus on it. DNA is fine if you're talking about a courtroom drama or for a quick "you're my son" twist in the middle or last act, but when it's supposed to be an "action movie" and the whole plot is focused on it, it's kinda zzzzzzzzzz. :lol

I just don't have the desire to watch this movie ever again, all those cool flying and fighting effects, wasted.

Dunno if I'd even bother watching a download. I'm sure I'll see it again at some point but sadly I feel no particular rush, so underwhelming was this film. I didn't go into it wanting to feel this way. The film did that all on its own.

Back