Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if the info on the Kotex was imprinted on Kal's DNA, why not just take it from Kal's blood sample they extracted when he was on the ship? That was the whole reason We're back to that major plothole again. :lol

I would say they probably needed "all of Kal" in order to get all the correct knowledge. That was be my best guess as an explanation for that.

I think Kal did have a slight strength edge in the whole movie, the difference is that he isn't the trained warrior that Zod and his army are, so they were able to "outpower" Kal because they had training and experience behind them.

You can say the same about Superman 2 and how Zod, Ursa and Non were suddenly on Kal's level.

How is it that STM, with all of its dated looking effects, still remains more visually interesting, stimulating and memorable than something that was created in 2012.

Even the goddamn Phantom Zone had to be "busy" in MOS.

Nothing timeless will come out of MOS.

STM still grabs my attention.

Last edited:
Something else they never explained. If Kal was so powerful from "soaking up the sun's radiation like a battery," how is it that the bowl-cut bunch had the same powers after only being there a few hours? Given he'd had about 30 years to charge, he should've straight-up PWND them all, right?

But that's the same explanation for every Supes representation.

It's not like he accumulated so much energy over 30 years, it's that he was more used to the abilities that come with earth's environment, and Zod and his henchmen weren't, that's a huge advantage.

I would say they probably needed "all of Kal" in order to get all the correct knowledge. That was be my best guess as an explanation for that.

DNA doesn't work like that though. If it was imprinted in his DNA, a single strand would suffice, and they had more than enough DNA with the blood sample they took, which is why I think that was probably an issue with Goyer not researching hard enough.

I think Kal did have a slight strength edge in the whole movie, the difference is that he isn't the trained warrior that Zod and his army are, so they were able to "outpower" Kal because they had training and experience behind them.

That's too vague of an explanation. Other than flight, Kal had to play to environmental issues (stripping them of their helmets), to get an advantage. And again, that was all out the door at the end because Zod was Kal's equal, powerwise, after he took his suit off at the end, despite lacking that 30-year saturation Kal had.

You can say the same about Superman 2 and how Zod, Ursa and Non were suddenly on Kal's level.

I thought about that initially too, but the Donner film simply stated that the yellow sun would give him powers, so there was only the need to learn their use, which we saw Zod and co doing when they arrived.

But that's the same explanation for every Supes representation.

It's not like he accumulated so much energy over 30 years, it's that he was more used to the abilities that come with earth's environment, and Zod and his henchmen weren't, that's a huge advantage.

Wrong. Jor-El said his power would be immeasurable with him soaking up the solar radiation. The bowl-cut bunch were wearing their suits the whole time yet still had the same power. And at the end, when Zod strips his suit off, he's already at Kal's level, even with flight.

Overall I enjoyed it, not a massive SM fan, the original 1980 movie telling of the young Clark really had charm what this movie missed, in this he kinda seemed like a bad luck charm, where bad stuff always seemed to happen around him. I did like the John Rambo loner phase. Some parts seemed under stated while others overstated and at least sod seemed a worthy foe for a change.

Wrong. Jor-El said his power would be immeasurable with him soaking up the solar radiation. The bowl-cut bunch were wearing their suits the whole time yet still had the same power. And at the end, when Zod strips his suit off, he's already at Kal's level, even with flight.

Not wrong actually, that's the exact same explanation for his powers, even in the comics, and it's not meant to be taken like a bottomless battery, there's only so much energy a battery can hold, so, flawed analogy, he just got used to the environment.

Besides, they were indeed wearing an armor, that doesn't mean it's gonna stop the radiation from going through.

The weaker gravity alone is going to make them as strong as Supes.

Not wrong actually, that's the exact same explanation for his powers, even in the comics, and it's not meant to be taken like a bottomless battery, there's only so much energy a battery can hold, so, flawed analogy, he just got used to the environment.

Besides, they were indeed wearing an armor, that doesn't mean it's gonna stop the radiation from going through.

The weaker gravity alone is going to make them as strong as Supes.

You might have a point if it was just strength alone. It wasn't.

Just got done watching my Blu-ray.

The film is even better the second time.

lsMgvno.png

You might have a point if it was just strength alone. It wasn't.

Sure it was, at first, my theory is that radiation is what gives Supes the rest of his abilities, someone in this thread said once something about mutation, so, the more Zod was exposed to the sun's radiation, he started to develop the rest of his powers, that's why he didn't fly right away.

Back