Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely - me too.

As soon as the 'choose which boat blows up' section begins, I start dozing. :lol

Yeah, I've found it hard to hold the film in as high a regard as many others due to the film peaking at the interrogation/hospital scenes. Nothing after that is particularly engaging. The ferries, Two Face and Gordon's family, etc.

Ledger's joker pisses me off. Why? Because I thought he was great, but he never seemed to have the breathing time to really show us the character in TDK. Like we missed out on seeing the rest of his story/scenes.

We should have seen a whole lot more of him as he was by far the most interesting thing in the movie IMO. I found a lot of the second half of the movie grudgingly slow and dull. He could have made it almost as good as Begins, had his character been more central to the storyline.
I mean what's his actual onscreen time in TDK, 10minutes or so?
:dunno

10 minutes? :lol You know that one page on a script = 1 minute on film...right? Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, and Aaron Eckhart had the most screen time on the film, somewhere around 30 to 35 minutes each. Ledger had 33:10 onscreen time..to be exact :)

Last edited:
Thing that really bugged me about TDK was how dumb the police was. There's this fat guy in your jail complaining about not feeling well you lift up his shirt and there's something big, red and blinking under his skin. What did they think it was a blister or something?

While the first two are great, all of Nolan's Bat films have a wealth of continuity errors unlike anything I've seen in recent memory. The Tumbler chase in BB, Pod chase in TDK, and final fight of TDKR have a good 3-5+ major ones each in about 5 min scenes.

While the first two are great, all of Nolan's Bat films have a wealth of continuity errors unlike anything I've seen in recent memory. The Tumbler chase in BB, Pod chase in TDK, and final fight of TDKR have a good 3-5+ major ones each in about 5 min scenes.

And I've never noticed the non-connection of punches more in any other film than I did in TDKR. It was shocking.

And I've never noticed the non-connection of punches more in any other film than I did in TDKR. It was shocking.

For such a genuinely talented director it's pretty amatuer stuff. The Tumbler and Pod are constantly driving in and out of glass buildings and than all the sudden on a bridge or in an alley a millasecond and one shot later.

I don't want to reopen any fights or anything but I was watching The Amazing Spiderman on Encore two nights ago and was really impressed how well they did things like the Lizard fight in the school. All the angles were correct, when things were thrown or moved they were there in the next shot where they should be, when they cut between Lizard walking twoards Peter from 3 differant angles, he is where he should be progressivley down the hall each time and not all the sudden like 10 feet back away in one of the shots. So why can't Nolan get these things right? And if Imax was the answer than he shouldn't have used it. I'll take a tighter movie over a slightly better looking one if you have a 10 million dollar theatre to watch it in anyday.

I wonder how much of that is a response to editing, where they ended up having to cut things out for time that led to those kinds of inconsistencies. . .surely Nolan would have known if something made sense or not connecting two shots together.

But no director is immune to these things. I noticed this one as a kid:

https://youtu.be/q1D-_BjYv_k?t=2m15s

The pod and tumbler sequences had little jumps forward because they weren't going to show the whole ride, it's a big city, I never thought of them as continuity issues, I mean, if the pod goes through a window and then shows up in an alley, it's pretty obvious they skipped a little ahead :lol

Now the fights on TDKR are soooo weak, slow and poorly choreographed.

The pod and tumbler sequences had little jumps forward because they weren't going to show the whole ride, it's a big city, I never thought of them as continuity issues, I mean, if the pod goes through a window and then shows up in an alley, it's pretty obvious they skipped a little ahead :lol

Nah, it's not like that at all. It's pretty bad. :lol

Here's the worst example in the chase.

https://youtu.be/FPaTv98wUsE?t=1m40s

Batman is driving towards the mall at 1m40s, shooting at the glass doors and windows. Okay, that's cool. Then at 1:43 he's driving up a ramp in some garage complex with rails. Fine, they time jumped.

But THEN at 1:44 on, we're back in the little mall that he was shooting back in the first shot, firing and everything! In fact, towards the end of it at 1:53, you can see that he's actually going towards the place he was at 10 seconds ago. The ramp in the garage complex. So as far as the shots are concerned, he's going forward in time, then back.

I noticed it on my first viewing. Not in theaters mind you, but those little clips that they release weeks before opening. The "now there's a Batman" was one of those promo clip and I noticed how jarring it was right away. Sure, it's a few seconds long. But for someone that's so meticulous for, you'd think they'd catch something that bad. All they had to do was show the shot of Batman crashing through the glass doors after he shot it and it'd be fine. The whole truck chase is like that.

Now, that doesn't mean I think Dark Knight is ***. It's my favorite Batman film. I'm just saying, the editing in some spots is pretty crappy.

:horror I see it, on a closer look it does look pretty confusing, at least the 1st part where he shoots 2 glass doors, I guess it is pretty bad editing indeed, but I still think the intentions behind that were to fast forward the chase.

The reason for the **** ending is so that the viewer can see what's happening in the IMAX blown up scenes.

That being said, the editing sucked.

Back