Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hi5:
:lol :lol :lol

Hopefully Zack Snyder doesn't make Ben Affleck wear thigh highs & a little sailor outfit, being falsely imprisoned at Arkham for maybe / maybe not being crazy, & the movie being him trying to bust out with his four equally crazy imprisoned hero friends dressed in erotic Anime cosplay gear - with Jon Hamm as the resident doctor. :lol

picture.php

Ha, ha, that was pretty funny. Good question about the terraforming. Why transform the planet so you can all live as normal people as opposed to just taking up shop under the yellow sun and living among the humans as gods?

Clearly they can live and breath (even as infants as Clark proved) without that silly machine.

This movie just got worse. :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture

:(

Honestly not sure I'll watch it again.

Zod could have had the atmosphere slowly modified aboard his ships so the crew could gradually acclimate.

"Hey, I took my helmet off and nearly died!" "You're doing it wrong dumbass!"

:lecture:lecture:lecture

:(

Honestly not sure I'll watch it again.

I admit it will be harder to get sucked into the story with the knowledge of just how pointless everything is. Pa Kent dying for no reason, terraforming a planet you can already live comfortably on, Lois falling downward as cars and people are sucked *up* around her. It is a lot to swallow just to enjoy some cool visuals.

How about the expedition from 18,000 years ago who all died of the incompatible atmosphere (I assume)? You would think at least one of the sophisticated robots aboard the scout ship would have bothered to phone home and modern Kryptonians would know what to expect from planet Earth.

"Gee, I'm choking to death and experiencing extreme physiological changes. But in spite of information we've had for many millennia I was unprepared for this."

It wasn't that they couldn't endure the weather, Zod and his henchmen suffered a little, but I imagine they could have managed to survive Earth's atmosphere the way Zod did, it was the future generations of Kryptonians they were terraforming for, they couldn't guarantee the survival of the next generation if they didn't terraform.

They grow and genetically engineer every baby born in their culture. It's likely they probably know more about growing babies on the vine than they do about space travel. They quit exploring outer worlds, they still were growing seaweed patch kids.

With a few modified chromosomes the next generation of Kryptonians could have easily lived here without terraforming and without enduring the difficulties of adapting (and probably still have super-powers).

They grow and genetically engineer every baby born in their culture. It's likely they probably know more about growing babies on the vine than they do about space travel. They quit exploring outer worlds, they still were growing seaweed patch kids.

With a few modified chromosomes the next generation of Kryptonians could have easily lived here without terraforming and without enduring the difficulties of adapting (and probably still have super-powers).

The fact that their technology is far more advanced doesn't mean they will have the immediate answers to any situation, as far as it was explained in the movie, they engineered their babies to fulfill a specific role in society, nothing more, doesn't mean they can grow babies with eels and 3 eyes.

Or horsharks :lol

Not that anyone will care but I did watch this all the way through for the first time since the theater and a number of things people bash this film for are actually incorrect.

Like Clark needing "years" to soak in the sun and Zod's people figuring out how to fly and use their powers after just one day.

No one in the movie ever says that Clark actually needs years to maximize his powers, just that the sun's radiation will make him into a god. Timeframe isn't really specified.

Also Zod makes a whole speech about having trained his whole life to conquer his senses and how Clark didn't have that training on "a farm." So it actually makes sense for Zod to instantly figure out how to fly and hone his vision and hearing because that's literally part of what he's bred to do. Clark didn't have that expertise from birth so he had to gradually acclimate.

Then there's the terraforming. Yeah that video was funny about how the whole device was unnecessary but would Zod have taken the chance? All he knew was that breathing on Earth required a lot of hacking and choking at the beginning and he probably just didn't think it was wise to "assume" that that was the extent of Earth's harmful effects. For all they knew there was some dormant "War of the Worlds" bacteria that would one day wipe them out. Purging all life and bacteria might have just been standard protocol regardless of how nice everything "seemed" to be.

Even the human officer questioned whether or not Clark had "infected" anyone with an alien virus unbeknownst to him. Zod was obviously just playing it safe, and making one hell of a statement in the meantime.

One problem I had with the movie is that Zod wasn't even a "real" villain, just a preprogrammed automaton who was carrying out his prime directive to protect and repopulate Krypton at all costs. I was unimpressed that he never "broke free" from his programming and became a real character with his own actual personality and motivations.

Well he actually did go rogue at the very end. His job was to protect the people of Krypton and when Clark was the only one left he spat on his genetic obligation and instead let spite take over which of course initiated their fight to the death.

Lois falling down while the gravity of all debris was pulled up? Eh, that nitpick still stands but you can just take it as one of those physics defying moments played for dramatic effect that happens all the time in movies like this.

:goodpost:

Then there's the terraforming. Yeah that video was funny about how the whole device was unnecessary but would Zod have taken the chance? All he knew was that breathing on Earth required a lot of hacking and choking at the beginning and he probably just didn't think it was wise to "assume" that that was the extent of Earth's harmful effects. For all they knew there was some dormant "War of the Worlds" bacteria that would one day wipe them out. Purging all life and bacteria might have just been standard protocol regardless of how nice everything "seemed" to be.

This would make sense, except that Zod saw that Kal has been on Earth for 30 years with no problems.

A War of the World type bacteria could take 33 years to hit them though :D

Back