Man up, when's the last time you cried?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're a man crying over a movie, you need to grow a pair.
not really
do you laugh at comedies? do you get startled at horror movies? (good movies I mean)
is just a Human response, people crying over sad movies just mean they were able to connect more

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But there is absolutely zero "manning up" in crying. At all. Under any circumstances.

A man crying is absolutely and without question the showing of a very unmanly feminine side which should be purged from all real men.

That being said... 3 or 4 years ago when I had to put my dog down, I blubbered like a woman. But when my youngest daughter (who was 3 or 4 at the time) took my face gently between her hands...and then slapped me like a _____ and told me to man the ____ up, I got over it.

OK...she really didn't slap me. She just held my face in her hands and said "It'll be all right, daddy". Which, in fact, had the exact opposite effect to "manning the ____ up" on me.
:eek::)

that is so sexist, LOL O my god, Crying is a completely normal and natural Human response, it only means you are not a robot, yet.

The "Man Up" part is actually admitting you cried. Anyone can play internet ruffian.

:exactly::hi5:

When my mom died, and I cried from happiness when I finally got accepted for a much-needed job.

We had to unexpectedly put our dog down a few weeks ago. He was blind and had broke his leg and we had to make an appt to get his leg re-wrapped. My wife got a call from the vet saying the leg was very infected and the bone showed no sign on healing. (This was 3 weeks in the cast mind you) The options were few and involved either lots of $$$ and/or misery for the dog having to go to the vets constantly and be sedated and so on. Not a good situation no matter how you looked at it. So, in the best interest of the dog we put him down. I got choked up from that, but what followed is where it got me.

Our oldest boy knew he had an appt that morning and we showed up at the school to pick him up early. He was happy to see us at first because the only thing he knew was he was getting out of school early. About 5 steps outside the school he just stops and says Coppers not coming home is he?? Honestly, I don't remember the last time i cried prior to that moment, but that one hurt... a lot. as a father you do whatever you can to take away or shield the pain from your kid, but the only thing I could really do was hold him and tell him how sorry i was. We got that dog when my son was 2 and he's now 10 so 8yrs or so of bonding just got torn away from him. I do NOT want to go through that again for a loooong time.

not really
do you laugh at comedies? do you get startled at horror movies? (good movies I mean)
is just a Human response, people crying over sad movies just mean they were able to connect more

that is so sexist, LOL O my god, Crying is a completely normal and natural Human response, it only means you are not a robot, yet.

:exactly::hi5:

Maybe in girly-man world.

You ever see John McClane cry? How about Indiana Jones? James Bond? Han Solo? Conan? Captain Kirk? The T-1000?

Real Men. No crying.

John Rambo, Rocky Balboa, Tallahassee, Cyclops, Wolverine...all criers...all girly-men.

:)

You ever see John McClane cry? How about Indiana Jones? James Bond? Han Solo? Conan? Captain Kirk? The T-1000?

Real Men. No crying.

John Rambo, Rocky Balboa, Tallahassee, Cyclops, Wolverine...all criers...all girly-men.

He's a machine.

Yeah Braveheart got me in high school when I saw it the first time after class at the end of the day. I remember my friend brought in the 2 tape cassette and I was thinking to myself how long is this movie? Thought I was going to bored. Was I wrong. Great movie and that ending got the tears rolling and very cold shiver through my spine.

Other movie that got me was "What dreams may come". Again, I thought it was going to be a visually cool looking movie about ghosts. That was just a ____ed up movie. Talk about the worse luck a guy and family can received.

Real Men. No crying.

John Rambo, Rocky Balboa...
girly men? serious?

they don't cry because they are fictional characters and crying does not have a purpose for their stories, plus you only listed action movies,
is funny because every single of those actors playing those movies have cried in other movies

When the Bruins won the Stanley Cup last year. :yess:

When the canucks lost the stanley cup last year :(

:clap:exactly::clap:exactly::clap

:hi5:

263920_10150222887824814_511574813_7038261_2365839_n.jpg

My eyes dries up by the time I wake up and look like a druggies or something. I would get blood veins around the white area, and it burns/irritate. I could use some tears drops, LOL. And I hate to use ClearDrops. I just flush with cold water just about each morning. Usually if I cry, it won't show much or last long.

Last edited:

Real Men. No crying.

I love girly-men then. Wolverine! :yess:

My eyes dries up by the time I wake up and look like a druggies or something. I would get blood veins around the white area, and it burns/irritate. I could use some tears drops, LOL. And I hate to use ClearDrops. I just flush with cold water just about each morning. Usually if I cry, it won't show much or last long.

Use Sooth drops.

i get all sad when i hear a semi truck horn...................my first wife ran off with a trucker..............and every time i hear that horn i think he's bringing her back..............:monkey2

Back