MANDO's BvS Robin memorial, Classic Bats and Joker, ⨷ Red Son Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts ⨷ Lord Of Darkness (Legend) ⨷

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQRmXf1qiD4[/ame]

Re-did Miller Bats a bit. Gave him a new emblem more accurate to the graphic novel. Now he needs a partner.

10918797884_bd5b0530b5_z.jpg

10918662925_472d7d98bb_z.jpg

Bats 1-4:

10918949743_9229314e0c_z.jpg

Last edited:
Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts ⨷ Lord Of Darkness (Legend) ⨷ DKR Bats Update

My aves is pure white?
The version you have looks water better and good to see detail as the white I have to prime first.
Still amazing stuff though.

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts ⨷ Lord Of Darkness (Legend) ⨷ DKR Bats Update

Sounds like you're using the "super white" version they put out, Jitsu. I just go with natural.

Sort of forgot about this one until I went back through my PB account to look for something else. I'll add it in here for posterity since these have more-or-less lead to a couple other armor-based projects I've got on the table.

Road Pig shoulder armor:

pigpads.jpg

For Reference:

roadpig1.jpg

Looks awesome man! I just modded a head into Roadpig! It would look awesome on that setup! Ill pm my buddy that commissioned it.
ma2ege6y.jpg

Very nice! Is that a Thrawn head? Ski was actually the one casting those up. I need to see if he has an extra set.

Yep Thrawn head good eye my man!

Its the cheek bones. :D I picked one up ages ago for what was to be a quick project, unfortunately its a massive headsculpt; too big for what I needed. I imagine it'll work well for the Pig though as he's a big boy. :lol

Yeah I think its going on a Arnold body. Any luck on the Roadpig armor...

Yeah I think its going on a Arnold body. Any luck on the Roadpig armor...

Nope. Pig pads are wrapped and done with. I believe Hasbro made football pads for some forgotten 12" Starting Lineup series though. I'll point him in that direction.

Great lineup there. I eventually need to get a comic styled Bats of some kind.

By the way, what is the sculpting material you use to modify bits like that Mad Hatter Mando?

Thanks, Sam. I use Aves Apoxie sculpt. Its a two part air dry clay with about a four hour work time. You can get it here:

https://www.avesstudio.com/index.ph...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Definitely go with the 1 lb. kit. The 1/4 lb. is a waste of money.

Tonight another Bat crept up on me. I'm supposed to be on a project hold but its hard to say "no" when just about everything else is already in the parts tub.:dunno :lol

This will be a realistic interpretation of Mignola's artwork from Gotham By Gaslight which takes place in 1889, 50 years before the Bat's first appearance.

10988686666_facdcea7f3.jpg

TDKReturns Bats looks great. And Alfred is spot on!

Thanks, 'Face. :duff They'll look even better once the little bird is standing in between them. :rock

Nope. Pig pads are wrapped and done with. I believe Hasbro made football pads for some forgotten 12" Starting Lineup series though. I'll point him in that direction.

Thanks, Sam. I use Aves Apoxie sculpt. Its a two part air dry clay with about a four hour work time. You can get it here:

https://www.avesstudio.com/index.ph...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Definitely go with the 1 lb. kit. The 1/4 lb. is a waste of money.

Tonight another Bat crept up on me. I'm supposed to be on a project hold but its hard to say "no" when just about everything else is already in the parts tub.:dunno :lol

This will be a realistic interpretation of Mignola's artwork from Gotham By Gaslight which takes place in 1889, 50 years before the Bat's first appearance.

10988686666_facdcea7f3.jpg

Looks fantastic! I like it:) :clap:clap

Looks fantastic! I like it:) :clap:clap

Thanks, Tony. :duff

The first of my two Ghostbusters. The boots are still a stand-in pair until I find something better I like. Might go back and weather the jumpsuit at some point too, but for now he's done.:exactly:

Peter Venkman:

11061778566_9586468114_z.jpg

11061776766_60a01c1fc1_z.jpg

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts ⨷ Lord Of Darkness ⨷ DKR Bats (Update) ⨷ Peter Ven

Looks very realistic man! Is that a spencer sculpt?

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts ⨷ Lord Of Darkness ⨷ DKR Bats (Update) ⨷ Peter Ven

Thanks, Rahmier. That's the Snyder-Man sculpt.

That is one of the best Ghostbusters figures I have seen. The head sculpt - fantastic. Head paint - superb. Outfit - amazing! It looks so high quality! I think it's the stitching.

Thanks, Tony. :duff

The first of my two Ghostbusters. The boots are still a stand-in pair until I find something better I like. Might go back and weather the jumpsuit at some point too, but for now he's done.:exactly:

Peter Venkman:

11061778566_9586468114_z.jpg

11061776766_60a01c1fc1_z.jpg

Nailed it!!!

Looks great man... and where did you find a non-Matty suit that was long enough for Venkman? Usually the ones I've seen used don't pool around the ankles like this.

That is one of the best Ghostbusters figures I have seen. The head sculpt - fantastic. Head paint - superb. Outfit - amazing! It looks so high quality! I think it's the stitching.

Thanks, man. Admittedly a lot of it is the jumpsuit. The Soldier Story suit is leaps and bounds better than the Mattel one which looks like something off a Barbie.

Nailed it!!!

Looks great man... and where did you find a non-Matty suit that was long enough for Venkman? Usually the ones I've seen used don't pool around the ankles like this.

Its all illusion, GB. :lol I let out the seam at the bottom of the legs which gave me about a 1/4 of an inch more material to work with, and then I took about a 1/4 of an inch out of the shins.

Back