MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *iminime Ra's al Ghul, Yoda and Old Ben Repaints*

Nice! What a bad-ass pose! Just casually sitting on some tubs of meth. :hi5:

So you're picking up one of Entropy's S4 gas masks? When are they gonna ship out?

Hey, what hapenned to your MRM Joker?

Thanks! I thought a resting pose suited the expression of the sculpt, like he's a little worn out from all the Bad he's been Breaking. :lol Yeah I have one of Entropy's S3/4 gas masks on order, not sure when they're going to ship though. :panic:

I actually sold my MRM Joker in favor of the new DX 2.0, although I'm considering picking up his latest sculpt, getting it painted, and popping it on the 2.0 body. Not quite sure yet.

Last edited:

Thanks! I thought a resting pose suited the expression of the sculpt, like he's a little worn out from all the Bad he's been Breaking. :lol Yeah I have one of Entropy's S3/4 gas masks on order, not sure when they're going to ship though. :panic:

I actually sold my MRM Joker in favor of the new DX 2.0, although I'm considering picking up his latest sculpt, getting it painted, and popping it on the 2.0 body. Not quite sure yet.

:lol:lol:lol

The gas mask will be the icing on the cake. :hi5:

I see. Both sculpts are great, although I'm not really a fan of rooted hair.Maybe you could just buy the Imaresqd1 Joker head from Shortround.

I swear, I don't know how you can manage to watch the TV with all the 1/6 goodness just next to it. :lol

How come you don't have a Dark Knight suit Batman? Are you waiting for the DX 12? :dunno

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Yoda and Old Ben get Facelifts*

And an updated shot of my collection, since I won't be adding anything else for a while. :( Adding to the 1/6 and cutting back a bit on the 1/4.

_MG_6110.jpg

_MG_6112.jpg

Very nice , :clap

:lol:lol:lol

The gas mask will be the icing on the cake. :hi5:

I see. Both sculpts are great, although I'm not really a fan of rooted hair.Maybe you could just buy the Imaresqd1 Joker head from Shortround.

I swear, I don't know how you can manage to watch the TV with all the 1/6 goodness just next to it. :lol

How come you don't have a Dark Knight suit Batman? Are you waiting for the DX 12? :dunno

It's tough sometimes to stay focused on the TV, I won't lie. :lol I really dig being able to look over at my collection though and check out the figure from whichever one of my favorite TV shows or movies I might be watching.

You got it, waiting on the DX12! :exactly:

Very nice , :clap

Thanks! :duff

You STILL haven't got rid of all that clutter on top of your detolfs? Come one now! :lol

Messin buddy! Well what else can I say that I haven't told you on the phone. :(

Ras, Ben, and especially Yoda look awesome! Gonna have to send mine to Nathan now. :gah:

See what you do to me? :mad:

Congrats! :hi5:

And an updated shot of my collection, since I won't be adding anything else for a while. :( Adding to the 1/6 and cutting back a bit on the 1/4.

_MG_6110.jpg

_MG_6112.jpg

Amazing Setup and Collection buddy :clap

I have the same thing , 3 Detolfs and 1 Billy with Glass Doors :rock:rock:rock

Yoda always one of my fav char.. Now I want old Ben! Awesome!
Now where can I get this SS Ben.. Now you got me interested in Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi..

Last edited:

Dane, you continue to blow me away with your collection!! Obi and Yoda look amazing. Simply the best 1/6 representation of their character!:bow

It is simple, almost your entire collection consists of Grails (little or big) for me...:lol
Especially Marty and Indy.
And nothing better than Deltofs for 12 inch...definitively.

Otherwise, not so easy to make good circles with mouse on photoshop.
:D

Simply no words for your collection. Just speechless. Congrats on Ras! I really wanted that figure but I'm gonna wait. Hopefully hot toys makes one. I would love Iminime to make a prison bruce from rises. I loved that look.

I'm mentioned in on a couple of topics before but one of the reasons I collect was my fondness for wax museum, and that for me, the figures that really stand out are the ones that are similar that looks like replicas of the person or the character.

There's a lot of figures, particularly Hot Toys or mass produced ones that are cool and very appealing, but lack that spirit of the character. That Ben and specially Yoda cannot get any better. Heck, if you would have photoshopped that Yoda on a star wars background, I probably would have been fooled. It looks just like real Yoda. The only difference is scale.
Love the updated pics of your collection also.

You STILL haven't got rid of all that clutter on top of your detolfs? Come one now! :lol

Messin buddy! Well what else can I say that I haven't told you on the phone. :(

Ras, Ben, and especially Yoda look awesome! Gonna have to send mine to Nathan now. :gah:

See what you do to me? :mad:

Congrats! :hi5:

Ahhh but I HAVE cleared it off, a few times actually, it just ALWAYS finds its way back! :lol

I have a feeling Nathan is going to get a few more requests for Yoda. What can I say, settin' those trends! :yess:

Amazing Setup and Collection buddy :clap

I have the same thing , 3 Detolfs and 1 Billy with Glass Doors :rock

Thanks Ecko, detolfs and Billys are classy ****! :rock

Great collection my friend ;)

Thanks as always, Darth. :)

Yoda always one of my fav char.. Now I want old Ben! Awesome!
Now where can I get this SS Ben.. Now you got me interested in Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi..

Yoda and Old Ben are two of my favorites as well, and these figures are really great, even without any work!

Dane, you continue to blow me away with your collection!! Obi and Yoda look amazing. Simply the best 1/6 representation of their character!:bow

Much appreciated Ashad, I go for broke (quite literally) with each character. :lol

It is simple, almost your entire collection consists of Grails (little or big) for me...:lol
Especially Marty and Indy.
And nothing better than Deltofs for 12 inch...definitively.

Otherwise, not so easy to make good circles with mouse on photoshop.
:D

That's quite a compliment, thank you Sundance! And you crack me up. :lol

Simply no words for your collection. Just speechless. Congrats on Ras! I really wanted that figure but I'm gonna wait. Hopefully hot toys makes one. I would love Iminime to make a prison bruce from rises. I loved that look.

Thanks lambo, that means a lot! I think it's safe to say that HT will eventually put out a Ra's, assuming the likeness right aren't an issue.

I'm mentioned in on a couple of topics before but one of the reasons I collect was my fondness for wax museum, and that for me, the figures that really stand out are the ones that are similar that looks like replicas of the person or the character.

There's a lot of figures, particularly Hot Toys or mass produced ones that are cool and very appealing, but lack that spirit of the character. That Ben and specially Yoda cannot get any better. Heck, if you would have photoshopped that Yoda on a star wars background, I probably would have been fooled. It looks just like real Yoda. The only difference is scale.
Love the updated pics of your collection also.

Thanks Fernando, I think you and I have similar views on collecting. I sometimes think of myself as the curator of my own pop-culture 1/6 wax museum. :1-1:

Great 1:6 collection MM and very nice and clean display. Really like the high quality customs. Looks like they've involved quite a bit of work and coordination.

I really like the Old Ben redo. I had picked up several of the Star Wars 12" when were first released but was mortified by the terrible headsculpts, cheapie bodies, and poor tailoring on some of the costumes. I understand the sculpts have gotten better recently. I've seen some folks transplanting these to TT bodies, but I thought the TT bodies were quite a bit shorter, which would result in a bobble head feel. That doesn't look to be the case with your Ben, so curious if you have any thoughts.

I'm familiar with some of the other pieces, but curious about a few. Edward Scissorhands? Rocketeer? Gladiator?
Thanks

Yowsers that Yoda is amazing man!! :drool

Love the collection shot too. No words.

Great 1:6 collection MM and very nice and clean display. Really like the high quality customs. Looks like they've involved quite a bit of work and coordination.

I really like the Old Ben redo. I had picked up several of the Star Wars 12" when were first released but was mortified by the terrible headsculpts, cheapie bodies, and poor tailoring on some of the costumes. I understand the sculpts have gotten better recently. I've seen some folks transplanting these to TT bodies, but I thought the TT bodies were quite a bit shorter, which would result in a bobble head feel. That doesn't look to be the case with your Ben, so curious if you have any thoughts.

I'm familiar with some of the other pieces, but curious about a few. Edward Scissorhands? Rocketeer? Gladiator?
Thanks

Thank you nexus, there is definitely a lot of work, coordination and love in quite a few pieces. :)

In my experience the SSC outfits typically work pretty well with HT narrow shoulder bodies, that's definitely the case with Ben!

Edward - That's the stock HT Edward Scissorhands figure (shortened neck joint) with Xenoviper's custom Edward head.

Rocketeer - That's the stock Medicom Rocketeer 2.0 figure. They've released 3 versions, and imo, the 2.0 is the best.

Maximus - That's the Spenser Maximus kit (head, armor, smock, boots, sword), on a modified HT Leonidas body. Elvis1976 painted and pretty much assembled the entire figure (also modified the sword to be held in a gripping hand). He did one helluva job!

Yowsers that Yoda is amazing man!! :drool

Love the collection shot too. No words.

Cheers, Timbo :duff

Dane, your display is just so perfect and clean. I have way too many figures, my shelves look cluttered. I need to follow your lead here. Beautiful set up.

AND, those new additions are amazing! I was particularly pleased to see what a smashing job iminime did on Ra's. HT worthy.

Back