MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Batman: The Animated Series*

Thanks Yannick, so glad you like him! I really like the look of the ACI torso under spandex, and I'm very impressed with Tony's suit/cape. I've always figured we have very similar taste, I just wish you weren't on the other side of the world so we could have a drink or two and discuss our obsession(s). :lol

Oh, and about the detolf. I'm working on the wife. :wink1:

Yeah meeting up and chatting about the hobby would be great. I'll let you know when I'm in the neighbourhood. :lol
I finally set up my Detolfs again last week, and with some help by Hector I installed the Dioder lights in one of them as well (I wanted the cables to be as concealed as possible). I still have to get a second set of lights, as it turns out the new ones are a completely different shade and intensity than the old Dioders (apparently IKEA changed manufacturer), which I have in the first Detolf. But I should finally have an update soonish now that I have started unboxing the figs again and putting them back up.

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is, but I'm coming around.

Like you, BTAS is very beloved for me.

Nope. I'm just waiting for a Hot Toys Vader. :pray:

Yep. Until I say your pic I didn't realize it, but the Sideshow Yoda looks more like the CGI version, whereas the Medi looks like the puppet. :)

What happened to MRM/Greggo's Joker?

Yeah, I think having seen the project in all stages sort of eased me into the final product, whereas it might be a shock to the system for some BTAS fans.

I see, well Vader is the best representation of the saga if you ask me. :exactly:

Yeah, there is gold in that Medi figure. Stock it looks great, but repainted/weathered it can look downright uncanny imo.

I decided to sell him when the DX11 was announced. I was a little sad to let him go, but I'm not as big a Joker fan as some. He paid for the DX11 and then some. :yess:

That Batman RULES!!!!!!

Thanks, TF! :hi5:

Marf man I am stealing these pictures from you and putting them in my facebook album Soon to Own.

I just picked up Rob's unpainted set with chemical suit :) :yess: :panic:

Congrats on the score! Glad you like the pics. :lol

I love BTAS Batman however I think what's not really doing it for some are the brow lines and the stubble. Animated should be little cleaner and maybe smoother on the details, however I think as you mentioned you where breaking your rule by bringing in a comic character so I think you where going for the balance of stylized and real.

You hit the nail on the head. :exactly: I was going for a more realistic interpretation, and I knew it would rub some fans the wrong way.

Just awesome and excellent pic updates too!!! :rock :hi5:

Cheers, Firebird! :duff

Yeah meeting up and chatting about the hobby would be great. I'll let you know when I'm in the neighbourhood. :lol
I finally set up my Detolfs again last week, and with some help by Hector I installed the Dioder lights in one of them as well (I wanted the cables to be as concealed as possible). I still have to get a second set of lights, as it turns out the new ones are a completely different shade and intensity than the old Dioders (apparently IKEA changed manufacturer), which I have in the first Detolf. But I should finally have an update soonish now that I have started unboxing the figs again and putting them back up.

I look forward to the update! Hector told me he was shooting you a video. :rock That's a shame that the new dioders don't match up with the old ones...not sure what I'll do if I ever find myself needing another pack. :(

Impressive stuff Marf! That Batman is insane :google

Much appreciated, GB. :1-1:

_MG_6155.jpg

_MG_6137.jpg

_MG_5894-3.jpg

_MG_5983-1.jpg

_MG_6071.jpg

_MG_6059.jpg

_MG_5987.jpg

Marf, amazing collection of customs! who painted your walter white and your indy?

Thanks, Wake! :duff

Indy and Walt were both painted by the very talented Silentsurfer (Nathan Eakins). He also painted my Obi-Wan, Yoda, Marty McFly, John McClane, Dexter and Don Draper.

Thanks, Wake! :duff

Indy and Walt were both painted by the very talented Silentsurfer (Nathan Eakins). He also painted my Obi-Wan, Yoda, Marty McFly, John McClane, Dexter and Don Draper.

Which Indy sculpt is that?

Also, I just procured a Walter White HS, Yellow chem suit, pink mask, birkenstocks and box of meth (from all the appropriate freaks) but I'm wondering where are all the other accessories are from?

The gun?
The Glasses?
The Watch?
The wedding ring?

Which Indy sculpt is that?

Also, I just procured a Walter White HS, Yellow chem suit, pink mask, birkenstocks and box of meth (from all the appropriate freaks) but I'm wondering where are all the other accessories are from?

The gun?
The Glasses?
The Watch?
The wedding ring?

The Indy sculpt is a 1/6 cast of the ROTLA Premium Format sculpt, you can find the thread here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77182

I'm not sure Kaiburr is offering them anymore, but you can shoot him a PM. Just be aware that the sculpt comes cast as such (below,left), and therefor requires some pretty heavy refinement/modding. Also, I'm using a SS KOTCS hat instead of the one that comes with the cast.

heads.jpg

As for Walt, I believe the gun is from the "Heroic Perfection" figure (modified barrel to be shorter), the glasses unfortunately are nondescript and no longer available on ebay (I checked my purchase history), the watch is from my Rainman Marty McFly set (but dchung makes a great alternative), and the ring is from a jewelry repair set (given to me by mike1185).

The Indy sculpt is a 1/6 cast of the ROTLA Premium Format sculpt, you can find the thread here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77182

I'm not sure Kaiburr is offering them anymore, but you can shoot him a PM. Just be aware that the sculpt comes cast as such (below,left), and therefor requires some pretty heavy refinement/modding. Also, I'm using a SS KOTCS hat instead of the one that comes with the cast.

heads.jpg

As for Walt, I believe the gun is from the "Heroic Perfection" figure (modified barrel to be shorter), the glasses unfortunately are nondescript and no longer available on ebay (I checked my purchase history), the watch is from my Rainman Marty McFly set (but dchung makes a great alternative), and the ring is from a jewelry repair set (given to me by mike1185).

Thanks for the info. A shame about the glasses.

Can you share how you modded the indy? That sculpt is fantastic and 1000% better than the HT one.

Thanks for the info. A shame about the glasses.

Can you share how you modded the indy? That sculpt is fantastic and 1000% better than the HT one.

No problem, I see you're hitting up all the appropriate threads. :duff

The sculpt was actually modified for me as a favor by a boardie friend who's name I'd rather not mention (as he made it clear it was time consuming and not something he would be doing again) but I do know that he:

-Removed the neck and inserted a HT neck adapter.

-Sanded, buffed and refined the bumpy skin, sculpted out his eyebrows a bit and filled in a few of the holes in the mold.

-Refined the hair a lot, chiseling out smoother and more refined groves, and cleaned out the clumps etc.

No problem, I see you're hitting up all the appropriate threads. :duff

The sculpt was actually modified for me as a favor by a boardie friend who's name I'd rather not mention (as he made it clear it was time consuming and not something he would be doing again) but I do know that he:

-Removed the neck and inserted a HT neck adapter.

-Sanded, buffed and refined the bumpy skin, sculpted out his eyebrows a bit and filled in a few of the holes in the mold.

-Refined the hair a lot, chiseling out smoother and more refined groves, and cleaned out the clumps etc.

Oh wow... that was quite a time consuming process!

Switch Superman and BTAS. Burn the rest.

:lol jk Everything looks great bud. Oh and I'd put Neo in between Morpheus and Smith, kind of an Good vs. Evil struggle over him....just me though.

Switch Superman and BTAS. Burn the rest.

:lol jk Everything looks great bud. Oh and I'd put Neo in between Morpheus and Smith, kind of an Good vs. Evil struggle over him....just me though.

:lol:lol:lol

I actually had Neo in the middle, but switched it up because I thought the color balanced better. Don't ask, I change my shelves up all the time based on whatever criteria strikes me as important at that moment. :lol :slap

Love it all Marf...especially that Yoda.

You have a wonderful collection dude, something to be really proud of! :clap:clap:clap

Love it all Marf...especially that Yoda.

Thanks mg, the little bugger is definitely one of my favorites as well! :)

You have a wonderful collection dude, something to be really proud of! :clap:clap:clap

Much appreciated, Calcifer, I am quite fond of the little pop-culture mini-museum I've curated. :1-1:

MM -
Great collection man. I want my Medi Yoda to look like yours. The new paint up and added hair are amazing.

:lol:lol:lol

I actually had Neo in the middle, but switched it up because I thought the color balanced better. Don't ask, I change my shelves up all the time based on whatever criteria strikes me as important at that moment. :lol :slap

:lol Switching up the figures, poses, and displays is what make this hobby fun and it also gives it a fresh, new feeling when you do that so believe me I can understand. One new pose on a figure and I'm back to staring at it. I've done it recently to many of my figures and it makes them all new and exciting :panic:

MM -
Great collection man. I want my Medi Yoda to look like yours. The new paint up and added hair are amazing.

Thanks qbomb! Medi Yoda is worth the extra TLC if you ask me. :hi5:

:lol Switching up the figures, poses, and displays is what make this hobby fun and it also gives it a fresh, new feeling when you do that so believe me I can understand. One new pose on a figure and I'm back to staring at it. I've done it recently to many of my figures and it makes them all new and exciting :panic:

Totally! I appreciate all scales/types of collectibles, but I have no doubt that is what pulls me toward 1/6. :rock

Back