MarfMaster's Mix *LOTS of New Stuff* :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MarfMaster's Mix *Batman: The Animated Series*

No problem, I see you're hitting up all the appropriate threads. :duff

The sculpt was actually modified for me as a favor by a boardie friend who's name I'd rather not mention (as he made it clear it was time consuming and not something he would be doing again) but I do know that he:

-Removed the neck and inserted a HT neck adapter.

-Sanded, buffed and refined the bumpy skin, sculpted out his eyebrows a bit and filled in a few of the holes in the mold.

-Refined the hair a lot, chiseling out smoother and more refined groves, and cleaned out the clumps etc.

Hmmm... I always wondered why your Indy looked so much nicer than the other PF sculpts I'd seen. In my mind they always seemed overly textured, but then your version looks perfect.

Maybe now I'm a little less sad about not getting one of these :lol

Hmmm... I always wondered why your Indy looked so much nicer than the other PF sculpts I'd seen. In my mind they always seemed overly textured, but then your version looks perfect.

Maybe now I'm a little less sad about not getting one of these :lol

Yeah, a lot of work went into that little Indy noggin...

That's why when people ask about the sculpt, I tell them where to find it, but add a giant "HOWEVER." :lol

_MG_6137.jpg

This makes me want to start collecting again.

You gonna replace your T-800 with the new BD version Marf?

Also, your John McClane looks pretty short in between Indy and Malcolm. Have you ever thought of using long foot pegs?

You gonna replace your T-800 with the new BD version Marf?

Also, your John McClane looks pretty short in between Indy and Malcolm. Have you ever thought of using long foot pegs?

Yeah I'm definitely going to get the BD T-800, the only question is if I'm going to also get the DX10. :gah: The plan before was to pick up the DX10 and maybe use the clothing from the MMS (if I liked it better in hand), or just stick with the full DX10...decisions, decisions. :lol

About McClane, he's actually about the same height as Indy, but the Fedora makes him look taller. And Malcolm...yeah, he's a little out of scale overall. Trevor's Firefly sculpts were slightly too big, so I tried to balance it out by making the body proportionate. Long story short (past that point), I probably need to move Malcolm to a different shelf. :lol

Yeah I'm definitely going to get the BD T-800, the only question is if I'm going to also get the DX10. :gah: The plan before was to pick up the DX10 and maybe use the clothing from the MMS (if I liked it better in hand), or just stick with the full DX10...decisions, decisions. :lol

About McClane, he's actually about the same height as Indy, but the Fedora makes him look taller. And Malcolm...yeah, he's a little out of scale overall. Trevor's Firefly sculpts were slightly too big, so I tried to balance it out by making the body proportionate. Long story short (past that point), I probably need to move Malcolm to a different shelf. :lol

:hi5: Awesome! If it were up to me, I'd just buy DX 10 and try to sell off the MMS. The outfit is made of real leather, and the headsculpt is a lot better IMO.

I'd also keep the black shirt if possible, just in case you get bored of the Cyberdyne look and can switch it out for the Galleria scene.

Ah, okay. That's good to hear. No need for the long foot pegs then.

Last edited:

Marf

Who are the best painters on this board you think?

Silentsurfer definitely. Who else?

Diggin the BTAS figure! The first Animated series was hands down the best thing to happen to Bats since 1939 or at least since Denny O'Neil.

:hi5: Awesome! If it were up to me, I'd just buy DX 10 and try to sell off the MMS. The outfit is made of real leather, and the headsculpt is a lot better IMO.

I'd also keep the black shirt if possible, just in case you get bored of the Cyberdyne look and can switch it out for the Galleria scene.

Ah, okay. That's good to hear. No need for the long foot pegs then.

I'm 110% sure the headsculpt is an improvement, but I still need to see the DX outfit in hand before I can make a final judgement on that. I was watching the movie last night, and although it's not real leather, the MMS outfit has a more accurate texture to it (and damn it, I love the weathering! :lol). I do like the way the DX leather wrinkles on the body though...

I'm going black shirt and sunglasses (Galleria) on the DX10/MMS mashup for sure, I'll leave the grey shirt and sans sunglasses look for the DX13. :rock

Marf

Who are the best painters on this board you think?

Silentsurfer definitely. Who else?

Honestly, Silentsurfer has pretty much ruined all other painters for me. :lol Josh (small_studios) is amazing as well, but his work has a bit of an artistic flair, whereas Silentsurfer's is strictly photorealistic. Elvis1976, Cheungkinmen and Skiman would probably round out my top 5. Iminime also offers a paint service, but you're better off just sticking with their painted sculpts (better value).

Diggin the BTAS figure! The first Animated series was hands down the best thing to happen to Bats since 1939 or at least since Denny O'Neil.

Thanks MANDO! And I agree, best thing to happen to Batman (imo) in my lifetime, that's for sure. :rock

Last edited:

I'm really hoping BTAS comes back around soon like so many other properties. While I love the old Kenner guys I'd buy the heck out of new toy line based off that show. :drool

Do you have any plans to do up any of the other characters or just keep Bats as a stand-alone piece?

I'm really hoping BTAS comes back around soon like so many other properties. While I love the old Kenner guys I'd buy the heck out of new toy line based off that show. :drool

Do you have any plans to do up any of the other characters or just keep Bats as a stand-alone piece?

You and me both! :rock Maybe Medicom will show BTAS some love, their Jim Lee Batman is very solid, albeit a bit overpriced. I would love to do a few rogues in the future, but right now I don't have any solid plans.

Re: MarfMaster's Mix *DX12*

Picked up the DX12 today, some pics to add to the massive pile that have already been shown. :hi5: I decided to leave him stock except for the neck mod, for now.

_MG_6312.jpg

_MG_6310.jpg

_MG_6308.jpg

One of all the Batmen. :)

_MG_6314.jpg

Back