Marvel vs Capcom 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I originally paid $65 for my import DC copy. But thats still a lot cheaper than what I paid for the NAOMI setup. :lol

Darn, I'd hurry and sell my PS2 copy if it hadn't already been stolen.

- TGM

haha. was it just me, or were there certain characters that you couldnt unlock in the import version because of some arcade data transfer or something?

haha. was it just me, or were there certain characters that you couldnt unlock in the import version because of some arcade data transfer or something?

Nah, you could still unlock them by paying with points just like in the domestic release. If you used the VMU transfer feature from the arcade you could get them for "free" is all. I had a fully unlocked hacked save like a day after the game dropped anyway so it wasn't an issue ;)

The NAOMI version was the real pain since the characters/features were unlocked based on the # of credits inserted. :google

- TGM

Dude, WTF??! I just sat down to play this and was like "Wait, what is this seriously it??" WTF was Capcom thinking?? I was telling everyone at work how stoked I was for this, and it's only a 2-player versus demo. I only have one controlller, so I can't even play it. What stupid friggin' thing this is.

Dude, WTF??! I just sat down to play this and was like "Wait, what is this seriously it??" WTF was Capcom thinking?? I was telling everyone at work how stoked I was for this, and it's only a 2-player versus demo. I only have one controlller, so I can't even play it. What stupid friggin' thing this is.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Welcome to Club Frustration where membership is free and all one needs for entrance is a Marvel vs Capcom Demo and 1 PS3 controller.

Ain't membership fun....

:joy:joy:joy

Same thing here dude. this angered me so much that I'm not even going to bother buying the full version when it's released F' Capcom...

You guys are angry because you can't play a demo of the game? Yeah it was a dumb move by Capcom but that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy the full version.

It's only a damn demo.

Buy a second controller and make some friends. And not just for the demo.

Are you buying?

Not many have a PS3. Nor are the controllers cheap.

All my gaming buds have a 360. Hopefully the demo for that will be far better than the PS3. But the game is coming out either late may or early june. So it sorta dosen't matter.

Are you buying?

Not many have a PS3. Nor are the controllers cheap.

All my gaming buds have a 360. Hopefully the demo for that will be far better than the PS3. But the game is coming out either late may or early june. So it sorta dosen't matter.

I already have 2 PS3 controllers and a fightstick for my PS3.

I have quite a few friends who own a PS3 and play fighting games competitively. I guess that's one of the perks of living in a college town. The university has an arcade with MvC2, CvS2, SFIV, and other fighting game cabinets.

Anyway, I'll cede that Capcom maybe should have included a limited single player demo for MvC2, but there's no point in complaining about it, it's a $15 game and at least PS3 owners have a demo. Xbox 360 owners not so much.

Really? I tried using my remote as a second controller, but it wasn't recognized my MvC2. Is there a trick?

I'll give it another shot as soon I get a chance.

Got it to work. With the remote, you have to go to "Assign Controller Number" under settings and change the remote to "2"

Yea! I beat up on a couple non-moving opponents for a while. At least I got to see the game (somewhat) in action.

This is still the worst demo ever and has served no purpose other than to alienate potential customers. From a marketing perspective, they should've given no demo at all.

This is still the worst demo ever and has served no purpose other than to alienate potential customers. From a marketing perspective, they should've given no demo at all.

People are psyched to buy this game no matter how crappy or dumb the demo is. for $15 it is a steal.

I don't understand why it's such a big deal to you guys. So maybe you cant play the demo, bummer....is that really going to stop you from buying the game come launch day? this is not really a big deal is it?

There are many companies that put out multiplayer-only demos, it's just that Capcom failed to label their MvC2 demo as such. Be grateful there is even a demo considering there's a smattering of fighting games on the market without one.

Honestly, you guys have had over 8 years to try out MvC2, whether in a local theater arcade or on last generation consoles. The anger over this demo is ridiculous.

Back