Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What don't they like about King Hsss? He looks great to me.
apparently they think the "classics" line should be renamed MOTU "Ultimates". they seem to want uber figure designs or something. they don't realize that these are supposed to figures based on the classics designs. Mattel has spoiled them with too many 200x add ins and now they think every figure should have enough extra parts to make vintage and 200X styled figures.

apparently it means you can't disagree with the OP or your post gets deleted. so basically it is a petition for Mattel to change King Hssss, but since nobody can disagree, it is one sided. people like me and Teemu and others who think King Hsss is perfect the way it is, don't get a say in the matter.

Wow, really?? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. "Go ahead and post what you think about the figure, so long as you agree with me."

Wow, just.... wow. :horror

apparently they think the "classics" line should be renamed MOTU "Ultimates". they seem to want uber figure designs or something. they don't realize that these are supposed to figures based on the classics designs. Mattel has spoiled them with too many 200x add ins and now they think every figure should have enough extra parts to make vintage and 200X styled figures.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Here is the "core" issue with hiss. His snakes look puny, and have a "tree-like" quality to how they come out of hiss trousers. The snakes. Should be a bit larger is the thing. The old toy had to be. Smaller to fit inside the body. These do not. As a swap out torso, they could be larger, and one solid piece from the shoulders down, allowing the bendy snakes more movement to look, well, less like trees, ans more snake-like. Like the original painting.

In addition, a hard plastic head with a hinged jaw would have been nice.

That's it. There are some people screaming for a 200> heqd as well, but not as many as you think. When I get some time, I'll post the painting.

Nah. Hiss looks great. A faithful recreation to the 80's figure and wouldn't change a thing about it. This is one of those old classics done right. Should be like this for all the classics.

Ease up lads, it's a tiny thread with 2 pages of the same few people posting. The same few who are usually negative.

Looking at some of your posts you'd swear there was a board wide revolt over there.

Are you guys seriously worried that this two page small thread with weak ass opinion is gonna make one bit of difference?? :lol
Bit of perspective here guys!!! :slap

They're not going to change a figure at this point... especially in a way that would make it not fit in with the established series.

Its funny, I wasn't too interested in Hsss... but all this complaining kind of makes me want one :lol

Did anyone who went to SDCC pick up some Mossman deodorant?

I want to know if it really smells like Mossman.

I picked some up and it didn't smell like Moss Man to me, just standard deodorant. A great freebie though.

Ease up lads, it's a tiny thread with 2 pages of the same few people posting. The same few who are usually negative.

Looking at some of your posts you'd swear there was a board wide revolt over there.

Are you guys seriously worried that this two page small thread with weak ass opinion is gonna make one bit of difference?? :lol
Bit of perspective here guys!!! :slap

I hate you EAMON!!!!!!!!!! :monkey1

anakin-skywalker.jpg

Here is the "core" issue with hiss. His snakes look puny, and have a "tree-like" quality to how they come out of hiss trousers. The snakes. Should be a bit larger is the thing.

That's what she said.

(I'm always around to contribute to the conversation)

I thought King Hiss looked cool. I agree that the snakes looked a little bland but I think once they are all twisted and wrapped around each other, he will look great!

ToyGuru has said once the sculpt is shown,
they won't make any changes... the She-Ra complaints were 50 times more than the few King Hsss ones, and they didn't change that...

They might change colors... for example, they are considering giving BA Skeletor purple feet/boots, just like it's vintage counterpart.
But that's about it...

Anyway,
let's get this back on track!

Finally here are some of my pics...
nothing new, but just wanted to share!

DSC05768.jpg

DSC05772.jpg

DSC05767.jpg

DSC05774.jpg

DSC05779.jpg

DSC05782.jpg

Back