Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am!!
I've been there for 2 years in a row and it's always a blast!
After the craziness that is ComicCon, I like that this is a small friendly Con!
Gotten the chance to meet Larry Keeney, Alan Oppenheimer, Rudy Obrero, Erika Scheimer, Earl Norem, amongst others!!

Do you think you could snag me a Standor?

Do you think you could snag me a Standor?

Standor will be the" Comickazie" (something like that) exclusive to a NY Comic Event

you should be asking him for Strobo...the travel exclusive...I wouldn't mind getting one myself

On a different note...
Did you guys see the MOTU vs. DC cover # 2 revealed today?
Epic fail...
Cannot imagine anyone with a single bit of a creative brain to come up with something as hideous as this:

dcu-vs-motu2printcvrjpg-882ca1.jpg

Toyguru just announced that the Sky Sled will cost $50. Not sure if the front part of the Battle Ram is really worth $25, but the price is what I figured.

On a different note...
Did you guys see the MOTU vs. DC cover # 2 revealed today?
Epic fail...
Cannot imagine anyone with a single bit of a creative brain to come up with something as hideous as this:

dcu-vs-motu2printcvrjpg-882ca1.jpg

Wow. Like a Darkseid/Skeletor mash up. Sorry, but I dig!!!

You do?... for real?...
It's awful... it looks like the love child of Tuskador and the Faceless One... and not in a good way... :lol

It has that typical DC villian look. But I like it for some reason. Nothing to write home about, but still, a better looking villian than most from The New 52!

Just couldn't get into the new MOTU comics at all. Gave it a good try cos I'm so keen on the property, got the limited series and the first 2-3 issues of the ongoing series but it just kept finding its way to the bottom of my reading pile :(

I liked the redesign for Force Captain Adora and I'm sure someone posted a mock up of that as a MOTUC character that I'd buy.

Just couldn't get into the new MOTU comics at all. Gave it a good try cos I'm so keen on the property, got the limited series and the first 2-3 issues of the ongoing series but it just kept finding its way to the bottom of my reading pile :(

I liked the redesign for Force Captain Adora and I'm sure someone posted a mock up of that as a MOTUC character that I'd buy.

I haven't been able to get into much from DC's new 52.. I enjoy the Saw style Joker, but other than Batgirl, Catwoman, and Batman, the rest kinda suck... Which is a god send for me, because its forced me to get i to the 60's- early 80's comics which are awesome. The thought process of that time is ageless to me. Everything is so classic. Yet every time they attempt to put a modern spin on things, its a fail.

Even animation is a thing of the past. Watching MOTU (filmation), the scenes where the characters are in motion, is nearly flawless. Its a lost art thanks to computers. With all comic writters constantly trying to one-up eachother, they end up with the same thing as the other. Lets build a time machine and go back to the late 70's!

I collected comics on a weekly basis from 1982 until 2012. The Nu52 ideas were part of the problem, along with rising costs, and a storytelling style which meant that reading a single issue didn't mean you got to read a story anymore. Also, I found myself dealing with some really crappy comic-book stores. I buy some of the collected editions still. They're significantly less expensive than the individual issues and more convenient for me.

I haven't been able to get into much from DC's new 52.. I enjoy the Saw style Joker, but other than Batgirl, Catwoman, and Batman, the rest kinda suck... Which is a god send for me, because its forced me to get i to the 60's- early 80's comics which are awesome. The thought process of that time is ageless to me. Everything is so classic. Yet every time they attempt to put a modern spin on things, its a fail.

Even animation is a thing of the past. Watching MOTU (filmation), the scenes where the characters are in motion, is nearly flawless. Its a lost art thanks to computers. With all comic writters constantly trying to one-up eachother, they end up with the same thing as the other. Lets build a time machine and go back to the late 70's!

Batman and Wonder Woman are the only DC titles that I get since the new 52.

I collected comics on a weekly basis from 1982 until 2012. The Nu52 ideas were part of the problem, along with rising costs, and a storytelling style which meant that reading a single issue didn't mean you got to read a story anymore. Also, I found myself dealing with some really crappy comic-book stores. I buy some of the collected editions still. They're significantly less expensive than the individual issues and more convenient for me.

Apart from the titles I just mentioned, and Thor, I tend to stick to collected editions of older stuff I missed. Just started on Gotham Central and loving it!

To try and bring things back to the topic I'm skipping the Sky Sled. Looks good but I'm running out of display space. Cancelled my preorder of Castle Grayskull a few weeks ago for the same reason, that really hurt :monkey2

Back