Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more comments...

Show was awesome!
Loved the reveals!!
Everything was great except during the panel, where a pair (or was it a trio?) of really rude "fans" decided to interrupt the panel with their entitlement issues, instead of waiting for the Q&A. It was really disrespectful, annoying and completely uncalled for.
Just a few jewels these trolls threw out there were:

"Everybody hates the leotards"... I don't know about you but I didn't get the memo where this guy is entitled to represent all of our opinions...
"You should be grateful that we pay for these things"... What?? really? I don't think Mattel will sweat it if we stop buying MOTU... seriously that was a WTF? moment...
Another jewel was: "Castle Grayskull is Sorceress' Castle"... I guess I missed on the Press release where Sorceress got the deed for Grayskull... :lol

It was awesome when a few guys yelled: "Shut up, Castle is great"... priceless!!

But anyway, overall the experience was great!
And it was bigger than last year! Cannot wait for the next one!!

A few more comments...

Show was awesome!
Loved the reveals!!
Everything was great except during the panel, where a pair (or was it a trio?) of really rude "fans" decided to interrupt the panel with their entitlement issues, instead of waiting for the Q&A. It was really disrespectful, annoying and completely uncalled for.

"Everybody hates the leotards"... I don't know about you but I didn't get the memo where this guy is entitled to represent all of our opinions...
"You should be grateful that we pay for these things"... What?? really? I don't think Mattel will sweat it if we stop buying MOTU... seriously that was a WTF? moment...
Another jewel was: "Castle Grayskull is Sorceress' Castle"... I guess I missed on the Press release where Sorceress got the deed for Grayskull... :lol

It was awesome when a few guys yelled: "Shut up, Castle is great"... priceless!!

I was there in the same room with you Kuzeh. Wish we could have met one another. I took this pic earlier today...and I agree, that was rude of them and more like trying to show them up. It was much different than the kid in the front that kept interrupting every 10 seconds. I blame that on the mother / grandmother / guardian sitting next to him. If that was my kid I would have told him he'd be grounded if he blurted out like he did a second time.

30wur6q.jpg

A few more comments...

Show was awesome!
Loved the reveals!!

I agree, that group of guys really soured the reveal experience! Other then that the Con was awesome.

Icon Heroes Snake Mountain polystone environment.

WOW !

I really hope that Mattel make a Snake Mountain Classics play set.

A few more comments...

Show was awesome!
Loved the reveals!!

Can't wait to see the video of it..:lol

Someone who attended power con said this...

"Horsemen had their own panel and actually said plans for Stridor are no longer on the table. Hoping this was a smoke screen when he comes out."

If that is true....going full on cherry picker for sure starting in 2015

In '15,I'll buy my Rio-Blast and Dragstor (plus Prahvus/Evil Seed) and officially called it end of line for me

I am not happy at all that were getting Storm as the next beast slot and being FORCED to buy it

I sort of agree with the you should be grateful that we pay for these things comment. I actually thinks this applies to most companies though. I'm sure Mattel would be disappointed some if no one bought these things as that would mean less money for them. No matter how small the amount may be I doubt Mattel would start celebrating that they would be making less money all of a sudden.

Well I for one am rather happy we are getting Battle Lion....as I was crapping it was going to be Clawdeen.

Blade rules, but then he was always going to.

Battle Lion and Storm are decidedly not vintage B list or even C listers. If they knew they couldn't fit in Stridor/Night Stalker they should have just dropped the beast slots for 2014. Woulda saved me money lol.

NO, But Battle Lion IS A list 200x in as much as King Greyskull is.

AND on several other boards I frequent, I see MORE people planning to buy the SUBscrition reissue on the 20th BECUASE of battle Lion than I see people complaing they donw't want him.

I sort of agree with the you should be grateful that we pay for these things comment. I actually thinks this applies to most companies though. I'm sure Mattel would be disappointed some if no one bought these things as that would mean less money for them. No matter how small the amount may be I doubt Mattel would start celebrating that they would be making less money all of a sudden.

why should anyone have to be "grateful" to spend their hard earned dollars on wanting quality toys for it? :cuckoo: these figures are not CHEAP to buy and when it comes to money,I shouldn't have to be "grateful" to spend it on things that are NOT necessities in life.

So, No!....Mattel should be grateful that we still give them our money to buy their toys (that goes for all toy companies aswell)...

Well I for one am rather happy we are getting Battle Lion....as I was crapping it was going to be Clawdeen.

I'd be more excited for Clawdeen myself. Not being facetious. I like pink and I think it would be a better ride for Catra than the horse.

I'd be more excited for Clawdeen myself. Not being facetious. I like pink and I think it would be a better ride for Catra than the horse.

Hey fair enough. I am cool with the pink but just not on a lion. :)

With regards to those idiots at the con, well only idiots would shout out like they are at a football game.
I mean what did they expect to happen there? For Scott to say "yes you are dead right, thanks for that input" and for everyone to cheer them on?! :rotfl
some folks just don't act their age do they?!

AND on several other boards I frequent, I see MORE people planning to buy the SUBscrition reissue on the 20th BECUASE of battle Lion than I see people complaing they donw't want him.

You have your 200x fans (and many are in here),but Battle Lion and King Grayskull,who both had very minimal cartoon time, is C-list level at best

Battle Lion was made to make it cost effective for new tooling in '14.He wasn't made because ALL THE FANS demanded him...

The line has 2 years left (if that)..while Stridor won't get his chance

I was there in the same room with you Kuzeh. Wish we could have met one another. I took this pic earlier today...and I agree, that was rude of them and more like trying to show them up. It was much different than the kid in the front that kept interrupting every 10 seconds. I blame that on the mother / grandmother / guardian sitting next to him. If that was my kid I would have told him he'd be grounded if he blurted out like he did a second time.

30wur6q.jpg

Really dude? Bummer, I was sitting 2 rows behind these clowns... it was cringe-worthy...
The little boy was with there grandmother most likely, she looked a lot older to be his mom.

I agree, that group of guys really soured the reveal experience! Other then that the Con was awesome.

The worst part is that apparently when Scott was putting the figures in the display case at their booth, they started yelling to him and Ruben about the leotard issue... pathetic...

Icon Heroes Snake Mountain polystone environment.

WOW !

I really hope that Mattel make a Snake Mountain Classics play set.

Yes, this thing looks out of this world! They said they are trying to have it ready for early next year! It is AMAZING!

Can't wait to see the video of it..:lol

Unfortunately, video won't have good audio from the audience...

Someone who attended power con said this...

"Horsemen had their own panel and actually said plans for Stridor are no longer on the table. Hoping this was a smoke screen when he comes out."

If that is true....going full on cherry picker for sure starting in 2015

In '15,I'll buy my Rio-Blast and Dragstor (plus Prahvus/Evil Seed) and officially called it end of line for me

I am not happy at all that were getting Storm as the next beast slot and being FORCED to buy it

It's weird, a guy I've met before at the cons said that there were reports of Stridor already being sculpted.
And he told me about Battle Lion a day before the reveals. So his source was right on that regard, so it might be that the 4H tried to avoid spoiling it instead.
Besides, they only revealed Battle Lion and hinted at Extendar if you think about it... they might be saving some info for NYCC and Comikaze since they will be there this year. We shall see...

Mattel doesn't care if MOTU stops selling dude... they have Barbie and Hot Wheels that make billions of dollars... the 2 million dollars they make from MOTU is just pennies for them.

:lol

Yep, I am really excited about Battle Lion!!
:rock!

At the 4H panel it was brought up by a guy in the audience that Bandai's license of TC apparently expires next year. The 4H says they are DEFINITELY interested on making them, and that Mattel has pursued the license in the past, so maybe they will be able to get it next year and at a better rate now that the new show is over... we can only hope!!! :pray:

Hey fair enough. I am cool with the pink but just not on a lion. :)

With regards to those idiots at the con, well only idiots would shout out like they are at a football game.
I mean what did they expect to happen there? For Scott to say "yes you are dead right, thanks for that input" and for everyone to cheer them on?! :rotfl
some folks just don't act their age do they?!

childish or not...I find it applaudible that people spoke out whether you agree with it or not.(People have the right to be dissatisfied)

should people remain silent when they have their liberties trampled on by politicians too? (while a different comparison,but the principle is the same)..

I agree,It could of been addressed differently when it was Q/A time,but it's nice to see people speak out.(as PAYING customer's,they have every right too)

Last edited:
Back