Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, come off it. That thread is less than 24 hours old. Spazz out if it's still at 250 after a week. I'm sure it will hit 1,000. And that thread is ONLY Org members. Org members are not the only customers.

As far as ToyGuru's word, while I don't put any weight behind it, I'm sure he means that now. But if the numbers become clear enough, he would have to be a drooling idiot to not pay attention and reconsider.

Won't happen! Deal with it! :wave

same thing could of happened with Fisto,Sorceress and the rest of the Sold out figures that folks are asking re-releases for....if the numbers were really there,they would of got made (again)

Won't happen! Deal with it! :wave

same thing could of happened with Fisto,Sorceress and the rest of the Sold out figures that folks are asking re-releases for....if the numbers were really there,they would of got made (again)

You got a logical argument or are you just stomping your foot? As I've said, and as many others have said, Teela would sell 1-2 units to whoever bought her. The Troopers would sell 5-10 (or more?) to many customers. The thread in the org will soon show over 1,000 units ready to be bought by just the members of a single website. TG may well see the writing on the wall, and if he doesn't, he's not good at his job.

well so far they havn't....I just think you're rather more hopeful than looking at the reality of this line.They been saying NO since the Fisto fiasco.They also said they will NOT go into another production run for Teela,Beast Man,Kobra Khan,Sorceress,Ram Man and now Horde Trooper's.

Just because there are 100-200 vocal people online begging for more,does not mean it will warrant or justify another production run,which goes then back MQO..

Even if 200 folks bought an average of 5 sets each,the production run would only be 1,000 each, which in turn,the Vendor must produce 5,000units to make it worth while to turn the machines on again.And even if they produced another 1,000 more sets just to shut up the Army Hordes,the sets would actually cost double because of the limited run...

the lower an item is produced,the higher it costs to produce...

I would agree with you if we were talking about unique characters. I do think this argument holds true for Fisto and the like.

However, besides being an army-builder (which is significant), there's also the fact that the Horde Trooper was a single-carded figure originally. Easy way to market it as an "unreleased" figure - especially for the MOSC collectors - and reuse the tooling and design work. There will probably be some minor changes, though.

In the end, if it makes you feel better, I AM trying to get my hands on a set now, so obviously I'm not banking on this happening. I just think it's likely - or at least more likely than what you seem to think is "impossible". :)

I need to take a new Horde group pic when the troopers and Mantenna show up. Not sure what I'll do exactly to take it though as I have so many now. I was extactic to just get Hordak, Grizzlor, and Leech.

Well, I decided to check out Mattycollector and was surprised to see Dactys and the weapons pack still available. I decided to buy - I still needed the last weapons pack as well, with Drago-man's stuff, so I added that too. :)

I've updated my sig with my MOTUC wants - if anyone's looking for SDCC Joes MOSC (including TTT Slaughter), a Hot Toys Predator (exclusive or regular - the regular one's still sealed), T-800, Thriller MJ or Wolf Cleaner ex, now's your chance, because I will trade in your favour... :)

I would agree with you if we were talking about unique characters. I do think this argument holds true for Fisto and the like.

However, besides being an army-builder (which is significant), there's also the fact that the Horde Trooper was a single-carded figure originally. Easy way to market it as an "unreleased" figure - especially for the MOSC collectors - and reuse the tooling and design work. There will probably be some minor changes, though.

In the end, if it makes you feel better, I AM trying to get my hands on a set now, so obviously I'm not banking on this happening. I just think it's likely - or at least more likely than what you seem to think is "impossible". :)

releasing the figure as a Single carded release would be a good idea

You got a logical argument or are you just stomping your foot? As I've said, and as many others have said, Teela would sell 1-2 units to whoever bought her. The Troopers would sell 5-10 (or more?) to many customers. The thread in the org will soon show over 1,000 units ready to be bought by just the members of a single website. TG may well see the writing on the wall, and if he doesn't, he's not good at his job.

I'm basically saying...don't get your hopes up for a re-release

It kinda sucks a bit that I know there's no way in hell Dactys will still be available come next both as given I have no upcoming figures I want until Modulok in February I certainly would have considered getting him. I can always pick him up off eBay no doubt but it's just a shame sometimes that they will no keep anything up longer than a week or so.

I honestly think Mattel doesn't care,they are making the money needed to keep the line going by selling every figure they make....they made a very popular figure like Two-bad no day of sale didn't they? when they could of easily sold more units...

Again,don't get your hopes up on the Horde Trooper's re-release

That's assuming they are making logical business decisions which we cannot really know if they're doing but I wouldn't assume they are. I think they are just falling into that "making stuff limited is great marketing!" trap which I don't think is always a good mindset to have.

Then again who the hell knows what madness goes on in the offices of Mattel.

Why does "Red Shadow" come with one of the little guys from Plundor's conquered world?

NYCC-2013-Mattel-Panel-088.jpg

20+Smashing+Rocks.tif

Last edited:
Have you tried raising up the torso armor on the troopers so that their heads don't look as odd?

Fair enough. But don't you be too broken hearted if it happens. ;)

Just in from Toyguru

"Considering the quota in the many many many thousands that is our min order needed, you can see why we can't offer them again. "

I told you! MQO is the reason they just can't turn the machines back on....Collector's just don't seem to understand that it's not that simple

Just in from Toyguru

"Considering the quota in the many many many thousands that is our min order needed, you can see why we can't offer them again. "

I told you! MQO is the reason they just can't turn the machines back on....Collector's just don't seem to understand that it's not that simple

Remember a couple of months ago when ToyGuru said Skeletor was gone for good????

Remember a couple of months ago when ToyGuru said Skeletor was gone for good????

sigh...

and more

"Unfortunately any reissue in any way would take resources away from production of new figures and we can't spare that right now as we focus on completing as many figs as we can and "completing" the line by 2015. Costs continue to rise and we want to get out as many characters as possible before it costs 40.00 a fig. (As an example, likely a big drop off if ever that happens, and one day it will$"

you can keep hope...but by then,The Horde Troopers will be $150 on Ebay and the line will be over

sigh...

and more

"Unfortunately any reissue in any way would take resources away from production of new figures and we can't spare that right now as we focus on completing as many figs as we can and "completing" the line by 2015. Costs continue to rise and we want to get out as many characters as possible before it costs 40.00 a fig. (As an example, likely a big drop off if ever that happens, and one day it will$"

you can keep hope...but by then,The Horde Troopers will be $150 on Ebay and the line will be over

Again, they re-ordered Skeletor after they said he was gone for good. And what resources? No one has suggested any changes. They would simply have to place a re-fill order with the factories. If the sales are guaranteed, then that's that. They could do a pre-order, or whatever they need to.

Look, I have one set. I'm far more interested in my Sideshow Star Wars and HT Avengers collectables right now. My heart won't be broken whatever Mattel does. But the point remains: There is rabid demand for more of these guys.

Again, they re-ordered Skeletor after they said he was gone for good. And what resources? No one has suggested any changes. They would simply have to place a re-fill order with the factories. If the sales are guaranteed, then that's that. They could do a pre-order, or whatever they need to.

Look, I have one set. I'm far more interested in my Sideshow Star Wars and HT Avengers collectables right now. My heart won't be broken whatever Mattel does. But the point remains: There is rabid demand for more of these guys.

Skeletor was not a re-order....he was a second run "re-issue"....

Toyguru said they only made He-man and Skeletor in second runs and any figures with the exception of those two...sold poorly

there is online demand of maybe 50-100 people wanting more horde troopers..He-man.org is the prime example of the few posters that want more.They havn't even reached 300 sets yet when Toyguru said its takes thousands and thousands...they can't just put in a "re-order",it's not that simple....it's game over man! game over!

Back