Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The remaining CS stock will be sold later this year I am sure, so, there's still some hope for folks who want them though...

the only problem with this will be,you'll have to be a Sub holder to get them in the early access(Toyguru already said customer service stock is very limited)....and you know darn well that these will sell out during the early access period.

I am pretty sure Mattel made a TON of money with these..

I'm sure they did. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the equally ridiculous or higher amount of profits they left on the table by making only a fraction of enough product to meet demand.

It's Mattel's business and they get to run it however they want but it just seems odd that a company whose sole purpose is to make money off toys would choose to cripple their own profits to such a high degree. Maybe there's something I'm missing, like them thinking that now that many more people will buy 10+ subs or something next year to avoid missing out on army builders but even that doesn't make much sense. Who knows.

I'm sure they did. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the equally ridiculous or higher amount of profits they left on the table by making only a fraction of enough product to meet demand.

It's Mattel's business and they get to run it however they want but it just seems odd that a company whose sole purpose is to make money off toys would choose to cripple their own profits to such a high degree. Maybe there's something I'm missing, like them thinking that now that many more people will buy 10+ subs or something next year to avoid missing out on army builders but even that doesn't make much sense. Who knows.

Maybe Mattel is happy with producing 5,000-10,000 Horde Trooper sets and then selling them ALL....they made their profit and their happy with that.

Toyguru said for them to go into another production run,and those who understand MQO (minimum quanity order) it would mean they would have to pay DR to Store product if it does not sell (especially right away)...Which is why Mattel loves instant sell-outs = more profit so they don't have to pay DR to store product.

That is why The Wind Raider was considered a failure because it took a year to sell-out adding to the expense to store it in DR's wharehouse.Apparently storage costs money.

MQO means Mattel is told by the Vendor (China) that they need to produce another 5,000 to bother going into production again or they could produce less quanity for a higher cost,which in turn would raise the price of the HT'S 2-pack to $100-120 a set.

:lol really?

well argue it then with Toyguru :dunno

apparently money doesn't always talk with this line....he keeps answering questions over on Matty about the Horde troopers and he said THE HORDE TROOPERS are NOT going back into a production.No figures will....why can't you accept that? :dunno

Come on - you know very well he's SAID lots of things, but what he says doesn't always turn out to be the truth. :)

In the end, when he tells his superiors that they vastly underestimated demand, and they're looking at ways to increase sales in 2013 or 2014, what do you think will happen? They want to make money, period.

Maybe Mattel is happy with producing 5,000-10,000 Horde Trooper sets and then selling them ALL....they made their profit and their happy with that.

That is not the kind of corporate mentality that has made Mattel the #1 toy company in the world for years.

Come on - you know very well he's SAID lots of things, but what he says doesn't always turn out to be the truth. :)

In the end, when he tells his superiors that they vastly underestimated demand, and they're looking at ways to increase sales in 2013 or 2014, what do you think will happen? They want to make money, period.

Scott has said no figures 2012 and up will see re-releases (or another production run)....have we seen releases of any figures 2012 and on???? NOPE! (only limited customer service stock which always sells out during early access)

Scott even said that starting 2014...it all starts new with Two-bad...all older product will be gone

whether you believe him or not...they havn't re-issued Fisto,Sorceress and many others even though the online community fans want them to

That is not the kind of corporate mentality that has made Mattel the #1 toy company in the world for years.

Dude,Mattel is No.1 Toy company because of the "Mass product" they sell in stores (retail)....

Barbie,DC,Fisher Price,Monster High,Hot Wheels etc....this is why they are number .1.....MOTU is a tiny,tiny,tiny line and a blip on their radar,and I believe Toyguru when he says MOTU Classics is not a mass produced line...because it's not..

Mattel is number 1 because of all the BRANDS they sell at Mass retail

Scott has said no figures 2012 and up will see re-releases (or another production run)....have we seen releases of any figures 2012 and on???? NOPE! (only limited customer service stock which always sells out during early access)

Scott even said that starting 2014...it all starts new with Two-bad...all older product will be gone

whether you believe him or not...they havn't re-issued Fisto,Sorceress and many others even though the online community fans want them to

I think this will hold true for most figures. But where money is to be made, they will make an exception.

Dude,Mattel is No.1 Toy company because of the "Mass product" they sell in stores (retail)....

Barbie,DC,Fisher Price,Monster High,Hot Wheels etc....this is why they are number .1.....MOTU is a tiny,tiny,tiny line and a blip on their radar,and I believe Toyguru when he says MOTU Classics is not a mass produced line...because it's not..

Mattel is number 1 because of all the BRANDS they sell at Mass retail

All that aside, they are number 1 because of one simple fact - they hire people who take every opportunity to make money. Even if it's small potatoes, the people taking care of the MOTUC line need to show they're maximizing profits, or else they're history. Not the line, their JOBS.

I think this will hold true for most figures. But where money is to be made, they will make an exception.

All that aside, they are number 1 because of one simple fact - they hire people who take every opportunity to make money. Even if it's small potatoes, the people taking care of the MOTUC line need to show they're maximizing profits, or else they're history. Not the line, their JOBS.

you're missing the point

they made their money already....

they have yet to go into another new production run for any character since Man E Faces (2011)...

MOTU Classics is a blip on their radar and sales.they don't want to be stuck with excess stock....

How many times must Toyguru tell us new production runs are not happening? :lol because it has yet to happen

By the way,if MOTU Classics goes away,Toyguru keeps his JOB...he works on other lines and MOTU is a side project for him

Mattel is making enough money on this line to keep it alive as long as people buy it. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a collector's stand point, but from a business one, it does. Spend few resources, and make a profit.

If they haven't re-issued Teela, I don't see them re-issuing the Horde Troopers... it sucks, but that's the reality of things...

you're missing the point

they have yet to go into another new production run for any character since Man E Faces (2011)...

MOTU Classics is a blip on their radar and sales.they don't want to be stuck with excess stock....

How many times must Toyguru tell us new production runs are not happening? :lol because it has yet to happen

By the way,if MOTU Classics goes away,Toyguru keeps his JOB...he works on other lines and MOTU is a side project for him

they recently did another run of skeletor.

you're missing the point

I think you're taking a rather simplified view of things. First off, you're assuming the words of a PR campaign are 100% true, and that there's no possibility that a corporate entity will change its mind on something.

And while MOTUC might be a blip on the radar to say, Mattel's CEO, that's not to say that those responsible for it aren't somehow accountable to their superiors to show that they've exploited the line as far as possible and made as much money as possible.

I think you're taking a rather simplified view of things. First off, you're assuming the words of a PR campaign are 100% true, and that there's no possibility that a corporate entity will change its mind on something.

And while MOTUC might be a blip on the radar to say, Mattel's CEO, that's not to say that those responsible for it aren't somehow accountable to their superiors to show that they've exploited the line as far as possible and made as much money as possible.

well so far they havn't....I just think you're rather more hopeful than looking at the reality of this line.They been saying NO since the Fisto fiasco.They also said they will NOT go into another production run for Teela,Beast Man,Kobra Khan,Sorceress,Ram Man and now Horde Trooper's.

Just because there are 100-200 vocal people online begging for more,does not mean it will warrant or justify another production run,which goes then back MQO..

Even if 200 folks bought an average of 5 sets each,the production run would only be 1,000 each, which in turn,the Vendor must produce 5,000units to make it worth while to turn the machines on again.And even if they produced another 1,000 more sets just to shut up the Army Hordes,the sets would actually cost double because of the limited run...

the lower an item is produced,the higher it costs to produce...

well so far they havn't....I just think you're rather more hopeful than looking at the reality of this line.They been saying NO since the Fisto fiasco.They also said they will NOT go into another production run for Teela,Beast Man,Kobra Khan,Sorceress,Ram Man and now Horde Trooper's.

Just because there are 100-200 vocal people online begging for more,does not mean it will warrant or justify another production run,which goes then back MQO..

Even if 200 folks bought an average of 5 sets each,the production run would only be 1,000 each, which in turn,the Vendor must produce 5,000units to make it worth while to turn the machines on again.And even if they produced another 1,000 more sets just to shut up the Army Hordes,the sets would actually cost double because of the limited run...

the lower an item is produced,the higher it costs to produce...

This is silly. You have no facts to back up that only 200 people would buy them.

Look, I don't like, but understand, that Matty isn't turning on the machines for Fisto and Teela again anytime soon. It sucks, but I get that they have serious doubts about the profit. Fine.

The Horde Troopers are a very different situation.

If Teela were available, I'd buy 2. I don't have one. I do have one set of troopers and I'd like to get maybe 5ish more. I could imagine adding another set of them each month when I buy DOS. They're inexhaustible. You could always use more. A lot of people failed to get what they wanted this week. But even the people who did get to buy 5-10 sets might very well want another 5! This is the only army builder in MOTUC worth having a real army of. Making the Horde Troopers evergreen would be like printing money. Not making them available again would be one of the biggest mistakes ever made in a line with a long history of errors.

This is silly. You have no facts to back up that only 200 people would buy them.

Ok,it's just silly of how producing toys works :cuckoo::lol

I am basing the 200 number from the vocal folks at He-Man.org who are mostly the ones DEMANDING another production..

even is the number was 500 people..and 500 folks bought 5 sets each...it would only be 2,500 units,which wouldn't be enough for them to go into another run unless they charged more for each set.

Ok,it's just silly of how producing toys works :cuckoo::lol

I am basing the 200 number from the vocal folks at He-Man.org who are mostly the ones DEMANDING another production..

even is the number was 500 people..and 500 folks bought 5 sets each...it would only be 2,500 units,which wouldn't be enough for them to go into another run unless they charged more for each set.

That 200 and that 500 are both based on nothing. You might as well have said "5." What we know is that the first run of the HT sold out in just a few minutes, leaving a large group of people on the org saying they couldn't get any - and that was after TG made what he thought was plenty. What did he think "plenty" was? Twice a normal figure's run? 5 times? See, I can pick numbers our of nowhere too! ;)

EDIT: There's a new thread on the Org, members saying how many they would buy if they could. It's a new thread, just 3 pages, and up to 250 units already.

That 200 and that 500 are both based on nothing. You might as well have said "5." What we know is that the first run of the HT sold out in just a few minutes, leaving a large group of people on the org saying they couldn't get any - and that was after TG made what he thought was plenty. What did he think "plenty" was? Twice a normal figure's run? 5 times? See, I can pick numbers our of nowhere too! ;)

EDIT: There's a new thread on the Org, members saying how many they would buy if they could. It's a new thread, just 3 pages, and up to 250 units already.

250 units?? :lol it's going to take 5,000 units to get it off the ground

that is exactly what I'm talking about

look,collector's can demand MORE all they want,but Toyguru has stated it's not happening and he has kept to his word by the example of past figures not going into another production..

250 units?? :lol it's going to take 5,000 units to get it off the ground

that is exactly what I'm talking about

look,collector's can demand MORE all they want,but Toyguru has stated it's not happening and he has kept to his word by the example of past figures not going into another production..

Oh, come off it. That thread is less than 24 hours old. Spazz out if it's still at 250 after a week. I'm sure it will hit 1,000. And that thread is ONLY Org members. Org members are not the only customers.

As far as ToyGuru's word, while I don't put any weight behind it, I'm sure he means that now. But if the numbers become clear enough, he would have to be a drooling idiot to not pay attention and reconsider.

Back