Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eamon don't worry about the comments here from others.You gotta have hard skin here on these forums and not take it too personal.I don't think Khev is trying to be that hard on you,it just seems to be the nature of the Sideshow forums with some members.All the years I have been "attacked" or "Insulted" (especially for my beliefs) I just let it roll of my sleeve.

Anyways,spill some beens on the 1/6 scale figure you're working on?

and Modulok is another winner from Mattel

Yeah, do tell, Eamon!

And I'm sure Khev was just having a bit of fun. Nothing seemed terribly mean-spirited from what I can tell...

Eamon don't worry about the comments here from others.You gotta have hard skin here on these forums and not take it too personal.I don't think Khev is trying to be that hard on you,it just seems to be the nature of the Sideshow forums with some members.All the years I have been "attacked" or "Insulted" (especially for my beliefs) I just let it roll of my sleeve.

Anyways,spill some beens on the 1/6 scale figure you're working on?

and Modulok is another winner from Mattel

I can definitely agree that there is a certain nature to these message boards.
I'd sooner have a message board where you can just shoot the breeze and geek out.

Unfortunately I cannot say what the 6" line I am working on is as I have signed an non disclosure agreement. I will say though that it's for one of the smaller companies and based on something ancient myth.

Working on toys is fun but you don't get much glory as it's heavy work that has to remain secret. You gotta see the stuff Emiliano produces that can never ever see the light of day. Utterly mind blowing work that he can never show publically. I myself have load of stuff i did forThe Hobbit licence that I can never show...and could get me more work. :(

I cannot wait for Modulock. Do you still think we will get Stridor this year?

I can definitely agree that there is a certain nature to these message boards.
I'd sooner have a message board where you can just shoot the breeze and geek out.

Unfortunately I cannot say what the 6" line I am working on is as I have signed an non disclosure agreement. I will say though that it's for one of the smaller companies and based on something ancient myth.

Working on toys is fun but you don't get much glory as it's heavy work that has to remain secret. You gotta see the stuff Emiliano produces that can never ever see the light of day. Utterly mind blowing work that he can never show publically. :(

I cannot wait for Modulock. Do you still think we will get Stridor this year?

I believe Stridor is coming,rumor has it he has been sculpted....and he could very well be the $38 item...notice they did not show the last $38 4th quarterly at toyfair? because Stridor would be a perfect reveal for SDCC collector night (then leading to Night Stalker in 2015)

I mentioned it twice dude, don't exadurate.

Nope. 1, 2, 3. :D

Rio Blast is one of my all time favs and I am loving it.

The only other thing to really grab my attention was the giant retro figures.
If the one or two here might remember, these were something I suggested to Toy Guru on Roast Gooble Dinner some time a go and on more than one occasion. I actually said Gentle Giant styled vintage MOTU. Not saying they wouldn't have done them anyway but this wouldn't be the first time something an idea if mine has ended up a reality. Sound cocky I realise but there ya go.

I just found out that the large retro figures, which I will say again, was my idea yo, will not be rotocast but full figures with twist waste action and be on original styled card backs!

These will be flippen cool. All we need is the original 8 back characters.

Well the idea came from me and I sure as hell don't complain about everything. I think you;ll find I say more positive than negative.

I also think you are wrong about how well they will sell given what i have already said about them.

Now, as for being offended, as teemu said I like messin' with people here. I admit it. But really, why so mad dude? Yeah, you reminded us three times that Mattel following the current trend of retro figures was somehow all you. Okay, maybe it was. But it really WAS an obvious and natural progression of their line. Don't freak out if people recognize that.

I just pictured people throwing back a beer every time you said it and thought it was amusing. I don't know why that means anyone (but you) was "rubbed the wrong way." I'm not calling you names or saying I'm upset. I'm not. But you are so I apologize and we can move on right?

The third mention was in reply to a post but fair enough.
You say all that but you are still being dismissive by saying "it really WAS an obvious and natural progression of their line".
Though not so obvious and natural that folks thought of it before now. ;)

Yes please lets move on!

Lets see some freaky Modulocks yo!

Re: New He-Man, Beast Man figures...

Scott said if the POP Sub doesn't go through that they would lump all those figures into the 1st 6 months of 2015 :horror.....If the 2015 sub doesn't go through,the figures revealed at SDCC will go quarterly....

But the Etheria sub is 6 figures, so that would mean the entire first half of 2015 would be PoP figures if the Etheria sub fails... :eek

Welp, I think this perfectly sums up the fate of the 2015 sub: :rip

Not to question people sources but are you sure about that? If these items couldn't attract subscribers as a dedicated sub how would they be more appealing in the main sub? All it would do is make next year even less likely! I may not like everything he says but Toyguru isnt stupid and I'm sure he can predict what would happen if he merged Club Etheria into next years main sub.

But the Etheria sub is 6 figures, so that would mean the entire first half of 2015 would be PoP figures if the Etheria sub fails... :eek

Welp, I think this perfectly sums up the fate of the 2015 sub: :rip

yeah,it doesn't make any sense unless they would spread them out through that year,but he specifically said the 1st half of 2015 would be POP heavy if the POP sub doesn't go through...but he also said whatever is revealed at SDCC will be quarterly figures....anything that has been sculpted and tooled it has to get made or Mattel loses money on it.So Ram Man was never under any threat to not be made

Slightly out of left field, is anyone here interested in seeing Mattel rerelease Castle Grayskull in King Grayskulls colors with brass/banding tower details, new or repainted accessories and possibly an exclusive figure? New box art by Rudy Obrero depicting the Kings battle against the Horde from the MYP cartoon?

With all of the design out of the way, and making the most out of the molds produced, I would hope they could offer this at a reduced price while giving us another playset.

Or do they never want to speak the word 'playset' again as long as they work on the line?

Slightly out of left field, is anyone here interested in seeing Mattel rerelease Castle Grayskull in King Grayskulls colors with brass/banding tower details, new or repainted accessories and possibly an exclusive figure? New box art by Rudy Obrero depicting the Kings battle against the Horde from the MYP cartoon?

With all of the design out of the way, and making the most out of the molds produced, I would hope they could offer this at a reduced price while giving us another playset.

Or do they never want to speak the word 'playset' again as long as they work on the line?

While i'm not certion, i'm pretty sure the answer to your question is Bananna.

yeah,it doesn't make any sense unless they would spread them out through that year,but he specifically said the 1st half of 2015 would be POP heavy if the POP sub doesn't go through...but he also said whatever is revealed at SDCC will be quarterly figures....anything that has been sculpted and tooled it has to get made or Mattel loses money on it.So Ram Man was never under any threat to not be made

Likewise, none of the PoP characters in the Etheria sub are under no threat of not being made.

To think Madame Razz has such good odds of being made is pretty damn ridiculous.

The only thing redeeming about those POP figures possibly being in the 2015 sub is their club exclusive. I'd love to have that figure, and I'd trade The Unnamed One in a heart beat for it.

Not to question people sources but are you sure about that? If these items couldn't attract subscribers as a dedicated sub how would they be more appealing in the main sub? All it would do is make next year even less likely! I may not like everything he says but Toyguru isnt stupid and I'm sure he can predict what would happen if he merged Club Etheria into next years main sub.

Agreed, it doesn't make sense... But then again, stirring the pot leads to controversy/people talking, further hyping the line, etc.

So maybe he's just giving us all something to talk (re: complain) about.

Anyway, I'm definitely buying. If it were full of Star Sisters and what not, I wouldn't have, but I really like the wide ranging design among the six figs.

Still surprised, though, that they didn't throw in a Filmation Hordak or something as a sub-only fig, to get more people to buy...

I was really surprised to see Rio Blast revealed for the 2014 line. It seemed that during the sub drive Scott was saying that they split the remaining factions to balance 2014 and 2015. Since we saw Extendar already, I was expecting them to hold Rio Blast until 2015. Just like we should expect one of Tung Lashor/Squeeze this year and the other one next year. And since we got Two Bad this year it's very likely that Ninjor will be part of the 2015 line. Regardless, I am very excited that Extendar and Rio Blast are both coming soon. Looking back those are two of my favorite figures that I never had as a kid. I just hope the Mattel design team can faithfully bring the prototype through production without making his armor or flip down parts too bulky or awkward looking.

On a related note, is anyone else surprised by how much new tooling Mattel has come up with for 2014 so far? Looking back at 2009/10, it's like night and day comparing all the new parts we're seeing now towards the end of the line. I'm not complaining, it's just an observation.

I was really surprised to see Rio Blast revealed for the 2014 line. It seemed that during the sub drive Scott was saying that they split the remaining factions to balance 2014 and 2015. Since we saw Extendar already, I was expecting them to hold Rio Blast until 2015. Just like we should expect one of Tung Lashor/Squeeze this year and the other one next year. And since we got Two Bad this year it's very likely that Ninjor will be part of the 2015 line.

Well... I'm not sure any of those are big draws, certainly not the same league as Two Bad... If that is the case, I hope they draw enough fans to buy one final sub, because I'd love to have them. Ninjor in particular seems to be pretty low on people's lists of wants, but he was one of my last vintage figs back in the day, so I'd love a Classics version!

Back