Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you know if or when BBTS placed their order? I would say their orders have already been placed

Becuase Brian from BBTS has posted on the fwoosh before, as recently as the Last Sub sale. And has stated that he puts off ordering the matty subbs till the last possible minite, so he can make sure he orderes enough for the people that order through him, as well as not tying up the down payment funds any sooner than absolutely nessacary. . Several other etailers have agreed, and made the same comment. Their last minite preorders are generaly the ones that are responsabile for the 11th hour Boost

Becuase Brian from BBTS has posted on the fwoosh before, as recently as the Last Sub sale. And has stated that he puts off ordering the matty subbs till the last possible minite, so he can make sure he orderes enough for the people that order through him, as well as not tying up the down payment funds any sooner than absolutely nessacary. . Several other etailers have agreed, and made the same comment. Their last minite preorders are generaly the ones that are responsabile for the 11th hour Boost

well if that is the case the Sub is probably going through

Here's my quick video of the recent MOTU Classics Modulok! Loving this guy!! :)

Hope you can check it out, subscribe, like, and comment with your own thoughts!

maybe...Toyguru keeps saying she'll be in 2014 or 2015....why would she be up in the air yet? (possibly waiting to see if the sub goes through to put her in there) leading off with her in the regular 2015 Sub would not be a good idea..last two spots in '14 are reserved for a snakeman and probably a 200x character

Doesn't matter, what if somebody that voted for Huntara does't want the POP sub? I'm sure there's some people like that… it would be a bad decision to do that, as she was announced to be part of the 2014 or 2015 line-up, not part of an independent sub… They do very questionable things, but I doubt they would do something that stupid...

I do actually rather like the smaller size, just in general… BUT not for that price. You should get four for that price and the tiny Castle Greyskull pieces are not a suitable replacement. It's a cool sculpt but it's too small for the figures and is just a façade anyway.

That said… I'll probably get the Moss Man set anyway because I really want Moss Man. Same for if they do a Scareglow set.

Doesn't matter, what if somebody that voted for Huntara does't want the POP sub? I'm sure there's some people like that… it would be a bad decision to do that, as she was announced to be part of the 2014 or 2015 line-up, not part of an independent sub… They do very questionable things, but I doubt they would do something that stupid...

then perhaps its perfuma instead.....I want to avoid transgendered Huntara as much as possible

Damn… I also just noticed that not only did they drastically reduce the size but they also increased the price by $5 over the first release… jeez. Such a bummer.

Damn… I also just noticed that not only did they drastically reduce the size but they also increased the price by $5 over the first release… jeez. Such a bummer.

I plan on buying the Mini's if I can buy them together...these seperate shipping charges everytime is BS

Actually the SDCC set was originally $20. I think Mattel dropped the price to $15 because they realized they have way too much stock that isn't selling, especially since they don't fit in with the new minis.

I do actually rather like the smaller size, just in general… BUT not for that price. You should get four for that price and the tiny Castle Greyskull pieces are not a suitable replacement. It's a cool sculpt but it's too small for the figures and is just a façade anyway.

That said… I'll probably get the Moss Man set anyway because I really want Moss Man. Same for if they do a Scareglow set.

I like the smaller size also, I think the mini figures fit in much better now with the Icon Heroes castle and will look great with snake mountain!! Although I agree that I'd like to see them at a bit cheaper price too...

I usually never complain about price. I'm big into 1/6 scale stuff and it drives me nuts how much people complain about the prices of that stuff. With the MOTU stuff from Mattel though… I always feel like crap whenever I buy it. Especially the last few years it feels like I'm paying way too much for these. Modulok cost me almost $60 after shipping and tax. That one hurt particularly bad.

I usually never complain about price. I'm big into 1/6 scale stuff and it drives me nuts how much people complain about the prices of that stuff. With the MOTU stuff from Mattel though… I always feel like crap whenever I buy it. Especially the last few years it feels like I'm paying way too much for these. Modulok cost me almost $60 after shipping and tax. That one hurt particularly bad.

we ARE paying too much....the biggest problem is the rip-off shipping prices and not being able to combine shipping with separate orders.If I could of combined the mini set with my sub,I would of bought them

Yeah the shipping is the real kick in the teeth. Okay so $40 for Modulok felt a bit too much to begin with… but then there's $18.09 in tax and shipping on him. That's a massive markup over the advertised price, especially when so many place offer free shipping these days. That's the First-Class Mail price too, it would have been even more for UPS.

I'm sure someone else has already suggested it, but just wait for a Cyber Monday sale or whatever its called. They've just put up the entire Watchmen mini-sub for sale at once for this month; subscribers could have saved a fortune in P&P on that one! Don't even want to think how much Modulok will cost me. I'm UK based and with postage and import fees I'm paying about $45-$50 per figure in total, and that's with the quarterly sub!

EDIT: don't want to come across as too miserable though, I have 2 detolfs full of MOTUC and they're awesome :)

Finally gave in and ordered a POP sub.

I am still pissed with Matty and so close to cancel everything. The remaining stock Ram-Man issue was hopefully the last issue in this way. I am simply done with Matty and their customer service. Especially as an international custome you are served as a second class customer. I will pay roughly 47$ after tax for a POP figure just to have my collection complete. I sincerely hope Matty does appreciate this and will not screw this one up as they always do.
When I see how much money went into this collection, I could easily buy 10 Hot Toys figures... Also other toylines are getting stronger and stronger. I really like the TMNT Classic line, SW Black Series is awesome too and with recent improvements Mcfarlane does a good job with TWD. Further you have the Gothitropolis line by the 4HM. Evrything not MOTU but also not Mattycollector, which is a hughe advantage...

Oh btw: just got the news that my Icon Heroes CG is ready to ship! :rock

Thanks for that info! I'm not too worried, then

Wouldn't be the end of the world anyway. :) Looking forward to the big announcement tonight, regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:
I kinda hope it does entirely because I just want to see Entrapa this year rather than next.

Back