Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie seems to have been kicked up the quality notch with far better directors attached which make me breath a sigh of relief as that John Chu was just an aweful choice.
https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40290

I have zero faith that this film will ever get made. There have been directors names tossed around with this film on and off for the last 5-6 years and absolutely no traction has been made other than the movie rights going from one studio to the next. That's not a good sign for a property that has nothing else going for it in current media.

Where are we currently at?

About 52%

That actually seems pretty good with 10 days left and the inevitable surge of last minute subbers.

I have zero faith that this film will ever get made. There have been directors names tossed around with this film on and off for the last 5-6 years and absolutely no traction has been made other than the movie rights going from one studio to the next. That's not a good sign for a property that has nothing else going for it in current media.

Well Spiderman was once with Cameron and Superman with Tim Burton so this stuff happens all the time. But I do share your sceptism.

Toy Guru is being unfair to the PoP fans by telling them to "step up". I'm sure they've all bought a sub or two. It's not their fault all the PoP fans together just puts the sub at 52%. What are they supposed to do? Buy dozens of the same figures? Even PoP fans have their limits. There's just so much pastel colored garbage a person can take.

Hopefully this proves
there is not much interest for POP and to stop shoving the crap down our throats in the regular subscription.

To bad they didn't just do a pop sub a few years ago to come to this conclusion.

Toy Guru is being unfair to the PoP fans by telling them to "step up". I'm sure they've all bought a sub or two. It's not their fault all the PoP fans together just puts the sub at 52%. What are they supposed to do? Buy dozens of the same figures? Even PoP fans have their limits. There's just so much pastel colored garbage a person can take.

There is a guy on the Org who is/was Sub matching,if a person bought a Sub,he would match it...how crazy is that?? He'll spend away thousands of dollars just to get a POP sub? and then be stuck with all those extra figures..POP is not an easy sale on the secondary market

POP has a limited market,it doesn't command what MOTU does...bottom line,that is the truth

Hopefully this proves
there is not much interest for POP and to stop shoving the crap down our throats in the regular subscription.

To bad they didn't just do a pop sub a few years ago to come to this conclusion.

IMO they should of done separate faction Subs to begin with...POP would of been long gone and we would have a complete set of ALL the MOTU (82-88) figures by now

Well Cahill gets my vote as I really liked Another Earth and thought it was a smart movie.

The Lego dudes seem to be very good at knowing their subject matter and really made a proper Lego movie from what i understand so perhaps these same skill can be applied to a live action MOTU?!

They also made Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street. Both also movies that could have very very easily been trash but are actually fantastic.

IMO they should of done separate faction Subs to begin with...POP would of been long gone and we would have a complete set of ALL the MOTU (82-88) figures by now

And it wasn't done that way for this very reason. They've maximised their profits by including pop figures amongst the vintage stuff, just to drag it out as best they can. Don't blame them but it sucks

…and they couldn't have done that without the subscription model. Without the sub model the line would have died a few years ago but they also wouldn't have made the more obscure characters… which for fans of those obscure characters they'd by bummed. The thing is though, even as a fan of a lot of those more obscure characters, I don't neccesarilly think it's worth it to force the bulk of the customers to buy stuff they don't want just to make a few people happy and more importantly to make Mattel more money.

waaaaayyy...off subject...but I bought the new subscription and I have no use for light hope....would anybody be interested in trading a swiftwind for him when I get him???? or is that not a fair trade???? lol just thought id ask.

waaaaayyy...off subject...but I bought the new subscription and I have no use for light hope....would anybody be interested in trading a swiftwind for him when I get him???? or is that not a fair trade???? lol just thought id ask.

Probably more than fair. People seem to really like that Light Hope figure. Assuming the sub does go through, it sounds like it'll be pretty desirable.

Seriously considering parting with my Masters collection… but would there be any interest here in a mostly loose collection (minus a few accessories) and a few boxed items?

Seriously considering parting with my Masters collection… but would there be any interest here in a mostly loose collection (minus a few accessories) and a few boxed items?

You might have to look but I think there would folks who are late to the party and what to catch up.

Probobly gonna do better parting it all out, then taking whatever's left and making a huge ebay lot with it.

$30 figure is Mermista

the $30 figure is MERMISTA and possibly no day of sale?

While we definately want to do Mermista by the end of 2015, we can not announce her for Club Etheria right now. :)

Can't announce her for Club Etheria right now huh? Mermista is the $30 slot

Back