Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like there is going to be some double dipping with the SDCC figure! My guess is Prince adam 200x for the con and classic for matty collector.

"H: And you have yet to announce the other SDCC Masters figure.

TG: We have not.

R: Any hints?

TG: Hmm……It’ll be a Masters figure. No, I can’t give any hints yet. But I think it’s one of my favorite figures we’ve done so far. And it will have a very significant difference between the Comic Con one and the one released on Matty. So people may want both."

I hope matty figures out a better booth design than they had last year. Why can't they have portable cashiers that can just move down the line instead of only helping 5-8 people at a time?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xs0sBN84yUs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xs0sBN84yUs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't like the two pack idea at all. Have no interest in DC universe, will be passing. And mattel just had to make the paint a little different.

what's the backstory on gygor.

for some reason im thinking they had an overstock on the dc figures and decided to just pack them like that. its kind of a tease to see heman in stores for only this set.

Oh and I don't mean to Ski-Spam but you guys should read (if you haven't already) Roger Sweet's Mastering the Universe: the Rise and Fall of a Billion Dollar Idea. It's a fascinating read about the history of the toy industry and the inception of He-Man and the MOTU. I can't recommend this enough.

I don't like the two pack idea at all. Have no interest in DC universe, will be passing. And mattel just had to make the paint a little different.

what's the backstory on gygor.

See my previous post, Fans of the MOTU should read this book!

i like orko too and hope we see him soon. old school orco that is. not that 200X crap.

umm.... i see little difference between the two designs,

original Orko
Orko-4.jpg

2002 Orko

cel_orko_157.jpg

the only real differences between them i see are very very minor. and most of them stem around the 2002 version having more detail.

I'll take the more detailed version.

Well not hate per say, I guess I just hate on the exclusivity for AT&T and Apple. Yeah I have iPhone envy and would much rather have it with my Verizon service. But that's just me. Anyways Gygor is awesome, he was THIS close to becoming a figure. Even had a Prototype.

I can't get AT&T to work in my home. front porch/ front yard, works great, inside the house, and backyard no signal. It's great when mother comes over, shes's got an Iphone

Deak, if you've got Verizon, just get the Droid, having had both the iphone, and the droid,. They're EXTREMELY similar, But i find I prefer the droid.

And the driod Benefits from Verizons superior coverage :D

For an iPhone, which I'm on now, better to only view 10 posts per (I think).

I look at 40 posts per page on my droid

What would you recommend?

Last edited:
I am pretty happy about all the reveals. Not to thrilled about all of the two-packs and the amount of skeletors coming with them. Gy-Gor is cool and all, but I do not understand wasting all of the tooling on him. Especially when figures like Ram-Man need to get made. She-ra doesn't look to great IMO either.

They hit Whiplash and Marzo out of the park. Tytus looks good, I just do not get why they spent so much tooling on Gy-Gor so close to the Tytus release. Matty complains about extra tooling costs, then pulls this out. :confused:

Actually there wasn't much tooling that went into Gy-Gor, he's mostly parts from the Collect-n-Connect DCUC Wave 2 Gorilla Grodd. I have Grodd and the upcoming yellow gorilla is a duplicate of Grodd short of the yellow and green and the helmet.

that dentist is the gheyest thing i've ever seen. i'm sorry but it's a waste of time and designing that could have gone into making my ram-man.

we could of gotten Ram Man. but instead we get Gy-Gor!

Not impressed with Mol-ar and the more I see Gy-Gor, the less I'm interested in him. We should have got more true MOTU characters and not these ones that don't fit into the story arcs.

no joke. that is your SDCC exclusive. well one of them anyway. Scalp-or can have as many as he wants.

He actually looks a bit like Scalp-or. And like Scalp-or, he'll make us pay through our teeth to get our MOTUC figures. :lol

It looks like there is going to be some double dipping with the SDCC figure! My guess is Prince adam 200x for the con and classic for matty collector.

"H: And you have yet to announce the other SDCC Masters figure.

TG: We have not.

R: Any hints?

TG: Hmm……It’ll be a Masters figure. No, I can’t give any hints yet. But I think it’s one of my favorite figures we’ve done so far. And it will have a very significant difference between the Comic Con one and the one released on Matty. So people may want both."
not this bull____ again. i thought they said they weren't going to have exclusives that weren't available on their site? not everyone can go to these conventions and i shouldn't have to feed Scalp-Or my hard earned money.

umm.... i see little difference between the two designs,

original Orko
Orko-4.jpg

2002 Orko

cel_orko_157.jpg

the only real differences between them i see are very very minor. and most of them stem around the 2002 version having more detail.

I'll take the more detailed version.
little difference?? it's like night and day. one has a giant O on his shirt and his scarf is straight cut. the other one looks like he's about to rob a train.

Back