Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is something for you guys to read (if you care to pay attention)

Scarcity Marketing:Use the Fear of Shortage to Sell More (Subscriptions)

https://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2010/01/28/scarcity-marketing/

Benefits of Scarcity Marketing
The primary benefit of using scarcity marketing in your business is being able to position your products as services as a commodity. This drives up the perceived value of what you’re selling, and the fear that it has limited availability makes people act fast to purchase.

Scarcity can also present an opportunity to engage your audience in a new way. By creating an interesting background that shares the reason for the scarcity (such as a one-of-a-kind product or special edition that has significant meaning), you can capture and keep the customer’s attention.

Lastly, when it’s done effectively, scarcity marketing can also create a cult following. Going back to the example of Cabbage Patch Kids, every kid wanted one and all of the “cool” kids had one. It can create a powerful loyalty among your audience.

Holy crap some guy on Matty facebook lost his _____ due to this fiasco!

" I accidentally chopped off my _____ whilst shaving this morning. I couldn't go to the hospital because I had to order Battle Cat. Due to your crappy website, I couldn't get a Battle Cat ordered before sell out. Now the doctor just told me that I waited to long and he cant re-attach my pecker. Now I have no battle cat and No PECKER!!!!"

Don't feel too bad dude, I crapped my pants waiting. :horror

Oh, this seller had a change of heart...He dropped it to $300..:google
Seriously who are the idiots running to ebay buying from these scalpers?
Im quite sure BC's will be available for under 90-. Anyone willing to pay 90- for a BC seconds after it sold out is kinda pathetic...

I thought that site was for "Collector's" not dealers. There's is just no reason for the max amount of anything for order to be 10 except for resale! DR has got to know that, otherwise they'd put the limit at 2-5 for figures, but even 5 for me personally would be pushing it.

Really, why would one person need 10 Battle Cats? They might as well go ahead and go back to retail, unless in some way they think this is the next best thing other then them doing it.:sick

Ah..the ol' discussion of why Matty allows 10...Well, Matty doesn't care about anything except the money...

here is something for you guys to read (if you care to pay attention)

Scarcity Marketing:Use the Fear of Shortage to Sell More (Subscriptions)
https://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2010/...ity-marketing/

Benefits of Scarcity Marketing
The primary benefit of using scarcity marketing in your business is being able to position your products as services as a commodity. This drives up the perceived value of what you’re selling, and the fear that it has limited availability makes people act fast to purchase.

Scarcity can also present an opportunity to engage your audience in a new way. By creating an interesting background that shares the reason for the scarcity (such as a one-of-a-kind product or special edition that has significant meaning), you can capture and keep the customer’s attention.

Lastly, when it’s done effectively, scarcity marketing can also create a cult following. Going back to the example of Cabbage Patch Kids, every kid wanted one and all of the “cool” kids had one. It can create a powerful loyalty among your audience.

Seriously who are the idiots running to ebay buying from these scalpers?
Im quite sure BC's will be available for under 90-. Anyone willing to pay 90- for a BC seconds after it sold out is kinda pathetic...

A BC already sold for $99 on EBAY...and it is pathetic...

I thought that site was for "Collector's" not dealers. There's is just no reason for the max amount of anything for order to be 10 except for resale! DR has got to know that, otherwise they'd put the limit at 2-5 for figures, but even 5 for me personally would be pushing it.

Really, why would one person need 10 Battle Cats? They might as well go ahead and go back to retail, unless in some way they think this is the next best thing other then them doing it.:sick
i tried arguing that sentiment the other day on the matty forums (AKA the .org part 2) and was just slammed for my views. apparently everybody likes the 10 limit over there.:dunno

I know. I was surprised when I saw that. The only thing that could've made this better is if it came with a switch-out Cringer head.

I was just thinking that...that would have rocked. But Matty will probably release a Cringer in the future and I (along with a bunch of others) will drop another $30 for him.

Back