Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten both my notices, and was expecting my sub TJ's to be here today. UPS man stopped at my house, I saw him through the window, then when I went to meet him at the door, he was gone *poof*

I think he is now at home playing with my figures.

PM sent Richard.

Edit: TJ's due tomorrow:

In Transit - On Time
Scheduled Delivery Date: 02/19/2010
Shipped To: MESA, AZ, US
Shipped/Billed On: 02/17/2010
Type: Package
Service: GROUND
Weight: 3.00 Lbs

God damn it!!! Still no sub notice for me. :banghead

Arrrggh! BattleCat sucked me into this line. Just spent 250.00 to get 8 figures from evil bay and I still don't have a He-man figure. I should have gotten a TrapJaw when I had the chance. I can't believe he disappeared in less than an hour. Cripes!

Arrrggh! BattleCat sucked me into this line. Just spent 250.00 to get 8 figures from evil bay and I still don't have a He-man figure. I should have gotten a TrapJaw when I had the chance. I can't believe he disappeared in less than an hour. Cripes!

Are you looking for anymore? I have some extras and some other scalp' I mean members have some for sale too. :monkey3

I just want to get the major cast, so I'll need to get: Trapjaw, Ram-man, Evilyn, Sorceress, She-ra, Stratos, Mekanek, Orko, and Man-E-faces and He-man. That will give me 8 figures on each side. I won't be completing this line since I am already doing that with their DCU classics. Since Mattel is re-selling their figures I am hoping to get the missing ones on their site.

I don't really think this line will be going to retails stores except for He-man and Skeletor. I just can't believe Mattel would backstab all those subscribers who paid so much money just to release them at half-price at local retail stores.

I know, i was just joking around, but still.....

primus.jpg

It's only funny because transformers had it first :lol

( yes, i know that's a newer image, but Primus as cybertron came from the Marvel comics series back in the early 80's)

Moving on.

Still looking for a webstor.

It could....I just dont see Mattel being realistic and making this line last up to their claim of figures till 2016...I see it going to 2012...and who knows if they make a film,what that will do to the classics....I think now is the time to produce it then wait...it will sell better in the long run

Though hopefully we are wrong, I agree. What bothers me about Mattel producing Gygor, Marzo, Optikk (though I've had my NAOHM Optikk since '90 and thought he was a cool figure) etc, is that important primary and cool secondary characters may never see the light of day. Who knows, besides collector burnout/discovery of other toylines to collect, by the time Mattel FINALLY decides to dump DR, it may be too late.

Me? I'm one of those guys who usually rides it out until the bitter end!

Lerath666 - you should check e-bay once in a while. I usually check the buy now section. I got my webstor yesterday for 29.00 with free shipping.

I wonder how Mattel can get this line going for 6 more years? Won't they run out of figures by then? Unless they do different costumes, I didn't think MoTu had that much characters. Was Marzo in the original cartoons or in the Re-vamp?

What's funny is they say they aren't going to do action features. Just what qualifies as a non-action feature? Just look at Trap Jaw. His mouth opens and closes! Isn't that a jaw action feature? The Teela bobble head is a bobbling action feature. Triklops' visor rotates to different positions. How is that not an action feature? Finally... THEY ARE ACTION FIGURES. Doesn't that instantly qualify them as ACTION featured toys?

Look at all the old Star Wars figures. they were called action figures and not many of them had action features at all, BUT they were called Action Figures.

If people don't like action features THEN DON'T USE THEM! Just keep them displayed and they'll just be figures!.

Anyway.....

Tri's visor is the same as any other articulation. Action features are things that are "triggered" to do something on their own and require compromises to the sculpt.
Action features suck.
I'm sure MEF will have rotating faces because the heads are always new sculpt.

they don't want action features that are gonna create need for a new core body that will esentially be a one shot that no other figure will use. like a rotating chest plate for BA figures or figures with waist twist action. i'm also assuming that we won't have any spring action weapons. the thing about action features is that they aren't always pleasing to the eye. do you really want a mekaneck that needs his waist turned at an unbelievable angle just to display him with his neck up? i know i don't.

i also like the fact that the BA is removable. if i wanted to customize a different figure with it, i could. BA Wundar, BA MAA, etc.

An old post from TG:

"To elaborate on the action features question, yes obviously Tri-Klops will have a spinning visor, Man-E-Faces will have a spinning head and Rio Blast would have pop out guns. (pending we can get to all of those great characters)

Where you won't see action features is on mechanical features - ie: Snout Spout will likely not spit water, Sy-Klone will likely not have a spinning mechanism, Stinkor will likely not smell and Ram-Man would likely not have a pop out body.

But Extendar would extend, the Rock people would fold up and Scare Glow might even have glow in the dark paint if it works out. "

I Believe it has been stated that Stinkor will be smelly, so some things are up to change.

Stinkor would go back to being plain old Or.

:lol

Really though as the line goes along, I think the figures are getting better and more ambitious. So, it really does not hurt my feelings to wait longer on some of the A-listers, as I think they will be better then if they came out early in the line.

Figures like Stratos and Beast-man for example. I think if Stratos came late, he would have came with some accessories, and Beast-man a second head maybe. So, I am not so quick to judge. Figures like Ram-man and Man-E-Faces will most likely be better because they came later IMO. :naughty

stratos is the most boring figure in the line so far. well after Randor. he looks cool but there's not much you can do with him. the inclusion of a decent flight stand and a staff weapon of some sort would have been tits.

Lerath666 - you should check e-bay once in a while. I usually check the buy now section. I got my webstor yesterday for 29.00 with free shipping.

I wonder how Mattel can get this line going for 6 more years? Won't they run out of figures by then? Unless they do different costumes, I didn't think MoTu had that much characters. Was Marzo in the original cartoons or in the Re-
vamp?

I know he can be had on the evilbay, but i'd rather buy from a fellow freak first.
Marzo was in both, though the toy is influenced HEAVY from the 200X series.

What's funny is they say they aren't going to do action features. Just what qualifies as a non-action feature? Just look at Trap Jaw. His mouth opens and closes! Isn't that a jaw action feature? The Teela bobble head is a bobbling action feature. Triklops' visor rotates to different positions. How is that not an action feature? Finally... THEY ARE ACTION FIGURES. Doesn't that instantly qualify them as ACTION featured toys?

Look at all the old Star Wars figures. they were called action figures and not many of them had action features at all, BUT they were called Action Figures.

If people don't like action features THEN DON'T USE THEM! Just keep them displayed and they'll just be figures!.

Anyway.....

Action features make the toy look like butt.
Especialy Butt-Head and Ass-Face.
Thankfully, mattel said no action features.

Back