Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattel cannot win. Now people are complaining, saying that they have ruined the new adventures! Have you watched that cartoon? IMO it was ruined way before the classics line even started.:lol

You would think after seeing the success of the Classics line Mattel would be on Castle Grayskull like a fat kid on cake, but they are probably going to give some B.S. reason on how tooling cost too much on a playset and how it's not a wise move at this time.

it doesn't even need to be a full opening playset. i think many people would be happy with just a Castle background piece. preferably with an opening drawbridge.

i'd be happy with something like this. just as long as i can put the sorceress inside the tower window.

Everyone.jpg

it doesn't even need to be a full opening playset. i think many people would be happy with just a Castle background piece. preferably with an opening drawbridge.

i'd be happy with something like this. just as long as i can put the sorceress inside the tower window.

Everyone.jpg

Where'd you find that pic Craw? That Grayskull looks sweet!

I have seen discussions like this one in the GI Joe forums about doing the Terrordrome or Flagg for the 25th Anniversary line, and the argument was made that the production costs are so high that a bunch of these would have to sell to make them worthwhile. Plus, the price would be freakin' high. Considering inflation, alot of those big bases from the 80s would cost $100+ today. I think this, combined with the online exclusivity of this line, makes a Castle unlikely.

Sure, several people on this board wouldn't flinch at paying $150 for a MOTU base, but if Mattel has to sell, say, 3,000 of them to break even with production costs, and is only selling them online. . .I don't know. If this was a popular, mass-produced line that was showing up at Wal-Mart and Target, they might be more possible because they would be exposing them to a wider audience, and thus they could produce more which would cost less to produce per unit and would cost less for the public. But this line just isn't where MOTU was in 1983, or where Digimon or Yugio or whatever is today.

Yes,
that's Joe Amaro's custom one,
that would work!!
BTW check this new rendition of it:

1284Castle.jpg

bring that on Mattel...a working playset with some interior just like that......I'd pay $200 ($400 for 2)

That's not Gatorade :monkey3

Ha ha, wait what? :monkey1

Prediction: the first MOTUC online "peg-warmer." He'll have to be clearanced out in order to get him sold. Just like Winston Zeddemore.

Huh? Winston is on clearance?

Optikk

A Space Mutant from the foggy polar region of the planet Denebria, Optikk's spyeye eyeball is specially adapted to see through the dense Denebrian fog of his homeworld, making him an ideal spy. He carries a Photon Neutralizer which has made him one of the most feared of the Space Mutants in the Tri-Solar System. Optikk allied himself with Skeletor shortly after the Lord of Destruction defeated Hordak and turned his ambition to the Horde Empire, forming a coalition of mutants and outcasts to conquer the universe. Optikk serves Skeletor by keeping an eye on He-Man and all the Galactic Protectors of the planet Primus.

Totally...lame. But I want to touch it...

creepyselfportraits3.png

Pepper spray from Teela's purse. :lecture
Because of my partial dyslexia I read this as "from Teela's puss." :lol

i'll be using the reddish yellow eye for optikk. i think it looks better.

And don't google infected eye. :yuck

Back