Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan gets his figures directly from Toyguru to do figure reviews for Mattel (at least the MOTU Classics).He is lucky because he gets figures months early.Toyguru gave him the job to make reviews to sell product and in return,he gets free figures...I dont mind Pixeldan even if he comes off a little nerdy in his reviews...he is at least giving us decent reviews of upcoming figures

Yeah, he does come off kind of dorky, but I can appreciate the work he puts into his video reviews. Most of the time people just turn the camera on and start blabbing. His are a bit more professional.

I didn't realize till just now that "TRU" was Toys R Us. :lol

I thought there was some awesome stalled called TRU and for some reason I had never seen one. I thought it was a midwest thing.

Unless I'm totally off, and there really is a "TRU" store, which would be even funnier.

Yeah, he does come off kind of dorky, but I can appreciate the work he puts into his video reviews. Most of the time people just turn the camera on and start blabbing. His are a bit more professional.

I think he has some character to him, i enjoy his reviews. He speaks clear and goes a bit more in depth then other reviewers which is great, and he is not a stuttering mess like some i have seen.

The best is when someone uploads a video of a collectible that states its a review but,then you watch it and all you get is blurry cam banging off everything and heavy breathing and not one word from the guy lol!.

LOL. People at TRU make $8/hour at best--you can't expect them to know every product they have in stock/in transit, regardless of the legion of nerds licking their chops for 'em.
Of course, but what are they getting paid the $8 for if they can't look for a single item either in their computer or on the shelf, if they are the ones answering the phones? To stand around taking up space or wander around with no idea what they are selling or how to find something? I'm usually calling about exclusive Minimates (that are released in much smaller numbers than any He-Man/DC toy would be, btw, and are only available in store there, so I have no choice but to deal with the bastards). And I will call with the item number that they can look up on their computer, and they still can't figure it out, or are just lying to me half the time, because I'll get over there and it is a crap shoot as to whether they were right or wrong.

so why is Trap Jaw's face green? i know they explain the mechanical arm and jaw, but why did his face change from blue to green and his eyes changed from normal to yellow?

Gangrene maybe? His body was broken and he was left for dead. With his jaw ripped off, I would guess the infection spread to most of his head. :huh I don't like the Cronis look personally, classic TJ look all the way.

IMG_121197.jpg
This pic is awesome, it needs to be on a t-shirt! :rock

Wun-Dar looks awesome! I didn't know the weapons pak was going to come with so much, that's pretty cool. I'm not too crazy about the colors on some of the weapons, but it'll be cool to have an armory for all the MotU figures. :rock

DCUC vs MotU 2 packs = Pass for me

Of course, but what are they getting paid the $8 for if they can't look for a single item either in their computer or on the shelf, if they are the ones answering the phones? To stand around taking up space or wander around with no idea what they are selling or how to find something? I'm usually calling about exclusive Minimates (that are released in much smaller numbers than any He-Man/DC toy would be, btw, and are only available in store there, so I have no choice but to deal with the bastards). And I will call with the item number that they can look up on their computer, and they still can't figure it out, or are just lying to me half the time, because I'll get over there and it is a crap shoot as to whether they were right or wrong.

You raise some good points. There definitely is a training issue at your TRU. At mine, most of the employees seem friendly and outgoing.

I think there are a few collectors that work at mine, which is a double edged sword: they will know what you're looking for, but they might buy it.

I did finally get BC, but it's my subscription that was canceled by them for no reason. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that.

A couple weeks ago, I got a cancellation notice for my old 2009 subscription. It was basically just saying "2009 expired, thus canceled, oh and by the way, your 2010 subscription is still fine." But instead, Matty summed it all up by just saying "subscription canceled." It made me panic. Happened to a few of us here. Maybe that's what happened to you.

I think he has some character to him, i enjoy his reviews. He speaks clear and goes a bit more in depth then other reviewers which is great, and he is not a stuttering mess like some i have seen.

The best is when someone uploads a video of a collectible that states its a review but,then you watch it and all you get is blurry cam banging off everything and heavy breathing and not one word from the guy lol!.

I hear you on that Valfar. :lol I don't mind Pixel Dan (he should invest in a better camera) but I think he comes off a bit cheesy in his reviews. Plus he has no love for Hot Toys so he loses some cred from me. I just wish he'd kill the "Hey gang" and stuff, its bad enough we're talkin' toys. :rotfl

I did finally get BC, but it's my subscription that was canceled by them for no reason. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that.

I think that's normal.

A couple weeks ago, I got a cancellation notice for my old 2009 subscription. It was basically just saying "2009 expired, thus canceled, oh and by the way, your 2010 subscription is still fine." But instead, Matty summed it all up by just saying "subscription canceled." It made me panic. Happened to a few of us here. Maybe that's what happened to you.

I am sure DW is fine, besides I got something to that effect the last couple months after each sub was fulfilled.

I am sure DW is fine, besides I got something to that effect the last couple months after each sub was fulfilled.

Unfortunately for me, it was the 2010 subscription. I'm going to go down fighting if needed because I think these figures are too cool not to collect even if Matty/DR have their heads up their asses.

I hear you on that Valfar. :lol I don't mind Pixel Dan (he should invest in a better camera) but I think he comes off a bit cheesy in his reviews. Plus he has no love for Hot Toys so he loses some cred from me. I just wish he'd kill the "Hey gang" and stuff, its bad enough we're talkin' toys. :rotfl

I made a cool opening bumper he's gonna be using in some future reviews. I'm sure you'll be seeing it soon. I'm making one other though which should also work well with separating the good guy from the bad guy reviews. Didn't have the first one in time for WunDar and Evil-Lyn, but that's okay. Their Popculturenetwork bumper was made just before Toy Fair 2010 as my first bumper I did for them.

Back