Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reading around the net that Matty has no plans to bring the stands back anytime soon, and that quote

"We'll look into 'possibly' bringing them back, but for now we have no plans to do so. They were a bit of a one shot deal."

WTF??? If I had known that, I would have bought more than 3 sets :(

I sold my 2 xtra sets to some guy in France. IMO, they are/were junk. Didn't help with stabliizing the figure at all. If they make rev 2.0, I may give them another try, but in their current form, they're garbage.

I think a purple Snake Mountain color is in order for the baddies.

I feel the exact opposite. I think they look great, and compliment the figure nicely. The pegs kind of suck, but they have helped a little with standing mine. Only the figure with heavy capes like Randor give me a little trouble. Oh, and purple SM strands would be awesome :)

If anyone else wants to sell their sets, let me know ;)

I have my Battle Cat review up tonight - you know where...

https://www.mwctoys.com

Michael
MWC

Great review Michael! Not quite sure what you meant here:

The joint has a more traditional ball joint too, giving you one more option when creating the perfect stance.

Possibly refering to the tail. :confused:

Love that last pic, Trap-Jaw seems to be Battle Cat's new favourite toy. :D

Nice work Ryan! I saw it at the start of his new DCUC vs MotUC 2 pack review.
Snake Mountain, check; volcanic eruption, check; atmospheric music, check. Result = Awesome! :D

Thanks! I'm in the process for making one of Grayskull in the background too. I wasn't going for 100% photo realism, but more somewhere in the middle of that and classic cartoon.

Here's a better resolution of that bumper from that was used in the 2-pack review:

<object width="672" height="380"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9821057&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9821057&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="672" height="380"></embed></object>

I have my Battle Cat review up tonight - you know where...

https://www.mwctoys.com

Michael
MWC

Awesome, I smell a four star review! :lol

Thanks! I'm in the process for making one of Grayskull in the background too. I wasn't going for 100% photo realism, but more somewhere in the middle of that and classic cartoon.

Here's a better resolution of that bumper from that was used in the 2-pack review:

<object width="672" height="380"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9821057&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9821057&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="672" height="380"></embed></object>

Wow, you have skills son!

I sold my 2 xtra sets to some guy in France. IMO, they are/were junk. Didn't help with stabliizing the figure at all. If they make rev 2.0, I may give them another try, but in their current form, they're garbage.

Gotta disagree there,
they work perfectly with my figures and all are very stable now...
:dunno

That intro looks awesome! :clap

It does!! :rock...

Too bad it's going to be suddenly interrupted by:
"Well howdy boys and girls!!! It's me (again), with a brand new superreview of the superawesome Masters of the Universe Classics line!! Super!!!"

:monkey3

Goddamnit! I bought one pack to "test the waters". That is retarded of Mattel not to make more. I am selling my one measly pack.

Sell them to me! I actually like the stands, but I did not order enough. They say the line is going to 2016? But they only sell the stands one time? Matty is ridiculous. :duh

I'm just getting into the line. God, I hate ebay.

I wanted to join the subscription when it first started, but I didn't. Paying for it now. Def gonna sign up the next time registration comes around.

In the meantime, I'm gonna keep trying to pick up my favorites loose and in package on ebay.

I think this is all part of Matty's plan. Regarding MOTU, they release everything in small numbers intentionally, knowing that this is just going to make people want them more when they sell out and are no longer available. Then, when they re-release them (and they will re-release those stands), people are just clamoring for them like the rats that they all are. Because perception of rarity frequently leads to increased demand, no matter if the product is good or not.

I think this is all part of Matty's plan. Regarding MOTU, they release everything in small numbers intentionally, knowing that this is just going to make people want them more when they sell out and are no longer available. Then, when they re-release them (and they will re-release those stands), people are just clamoring for them like the rats that they all are. Because perception of rarity frequently leads to increased demand, no matter if the product is good or not.

Win-win situation for them, because in this case, the product is very, very good in fact! :)

And that makes you a what then? :confused:

Nevertheless these stands will be re-released, don't be fooled for a second that they won't be folks. Another supposed 5 years of figures and only 1 months worth of stands, I think not.

Nevertheless these stands will be re-released, don't be fooled for a second that they won't be folks. Another supposed 5 years of figures and only 1 months worth of stands, I think not.

I wonder if they'll release some in purple/black, to resemble Snake Mountain...

rat_king_kitbash_cartoon.jpg

Back