Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just getting into the line. God, I hate ebay.

I wanted to join the subscription when it first started, but I didn't. Paying for it now. Def gonna sign up the next time registration comes around.

In the meantime, I'm gonna keep trying to pick up my favorites loose and in package on ebay.

What do you need? I have some extras...:naughty

I'm kind of disappointed to read that news about the stands. I passed on them originally thinking they were made en mass and would be a constant on the Matty site. After all, they are going to make new figures and people are going to need more stands.

I can never figure out what the hell Mattel is thinking when they make some of the decisions they make.

They probably made a mistake and changed their mind, so instead of trashing them decided to sell what they had and then announce they were gonna make completely different ones that will be released this summer.

Not saying it's true, just speculation ;)

I'm kind of disappointed to read that news about the stands. I passed on them originally thinking they were made en mass and would be a constant on the Matty site. After all, they are going to make new figures and people are going to need more stands.

I can never figure out what the hell Mattel is thinking when they make some of the decisions they make.

There probably just saying they won't be available to bolster demand for them. Don't let Matty fool you. I'm sure the stands will be available again sooner or later.

There probably just saying they won't be available to bolster demand for them. Don't let Matty fool you. I'm sure the stands will be available again sooner or later.

You're probably right. After taking an entire day to sell out of stands as opposed to the regular 30 minutes it takes to sell out of figures I would also conclude that Matty thinks there just isn't enough demand for the stands and that they'd have to risk emptying their stock in 2 days the second time around vs. 1. Yeah I'd discontinue that too.... :D

2-packs will be at my TRU tomorrow. Hopefully the truck is unloaded and the product is stocked--oh! and I hope the employees don't buy every piece.

Last edited:
img_3216.jpg

There's a couple of polls on over at www.thefwoosh.com

One is:

What is your preferred Club Eternia Subscription for 2011?

- I won't sign up for any subscription.
- I just want the 12 monthly figures.
- I want the 12 monthly figures and the quarterly "bonus" figures.
- I like the all-in subscription that includes monthly, quarterly and oversized figures.

and as a follow up:

Will you subscribe to the 2011 Club Eternia Program if it's all-in as described?

- Yes, I know I want all the figures.
- No, I already know I don't want all the figures.
- Maybe, I'm not sure.

This quote from Toy Guru I think is telling:

. . . if Battlecat and Tytus don’t perform well we may not go forward with the oversize skus in 2011, but from initial feedback from NYTF, it looks like fans can’t wait for more big characters!

No duh Einstein. :monkey4 Bloody DC fanboy.

March 2, 2010
By Matty

Toy Fans,

We do our best to plan when products will be released, but sometimes the production and delivery gods have other ideas. We’ve been doing a bit of the release date shuffle lately and thought it would be helpful to print our complete schedule through June:

March
MOTU Classics: Stratos® (re-issue)
MOTU Classics: Moss Man® - Flocked Ears
MOTU Classics: Moss Man® - Unflocked Ears
(Club Eternia™ monthly figure)
DCUC Wave 12 Boxed Set (Darkseid)
The Dark Knight Scarecrow

April
MOTU Classics: Wun-Dar™ & Map of Eternia®
(Club Eternia™ subscribers only – items not available for sale)
MOTU Classics: Hordak™ (re-issue)
MOTU Classics: Evil-Lyn® (Club Eternia™ monthly figure)
MOTU Ultimate Battle Ground Weapons Pak
Ghostbusters™ 12" Peter Venkman™
The Dark Knight Batman (Night Vision)

May
MOTC Classics: Mer-Man® (re-issue)
MOTU “Oversized”: Tytus™
MOTU Classics: Optikk™ (Club Eternia™ monthly figure)
Ghostbusters™ 6" Walter Peck™ (with containment unit)
The Dark Knight: Two-Face

June
MOTU Classics: Faker® (re-issue)
MOTU Classics: She-Ra™ (Club Eternia™ monthly figure)
DCU JLU Lobo
Ghostbusters™ 6" Peter Venkman™ with Slimer

Back