Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys anyone have an EXTRA MINT MOC BATTLE CAT for trade? I have a faker, scareglow, merman, beastman reissue as well as zodak. Need help with this and it would be appreciated! Oh and I would be willing to do a half half thing as in a figure plus cash for BC. Pm ME PLEASE!!!

SCALP-OR was at hand today...this was posted from Toymania.com and I thought this was interresting

Just 3 hours after the 1-2 minute record sell out of the MOTUC Moss Mann figure here is the Ebay Scalper snapshot. Some things to note:

1. All prices are "Buy It Now."

2. In cases of a large amount of figures already sold, the scalper was also using "Or Best Offer."

3. All scalpers with more than 5 figures to sell typically were an "Ebay Top Seller," aka professionally scalper.

4. All scalpers with more than 5 figures to sell were located in the United States; a direct contradiction to Matty's excuse that the 10 unit limit is there for their international customers to save on shipping.

5. The "units" figure is the total amount the scalper has/had on hand to start. The fraction they have sold thus far is located at the end.

5. Personal note: Given the MOTUC situation, in my opinion ANYONE who buys more than 1 figure to IMMEDIATELY put up on Ebay for a 100% mark up or more is a scalper in my book. I know opinions vary on this, but they are scalpers by the very definition, regardless if they choose to hide behind the "I just do it to pay for my figure" excuse. I'm sorry I don't feel they are entitled to a free figure at the gross marked up cost of a fellow collector just because they had a favorable outcome in a messed up ordering system that doesn't allow everyone the same opportunity to purchase the figure in question. Rant off.

skippy665 - "more than 10 available" - $45.00 (5 sold)
man_of_action_figures_inc - 25 units - $79.99 (24 sold)
aznraider03 - 21 units - $53.99 (18 sold)
dimensionxcomics717 - 12 units - 44.99 (5 sold)
dimensionxcomics717 - 5 units - $49.99
dimensionxcomics717 - 2 units - $44.99
lilmotto - 10 units - $45.00 (9 sold)
golfingfun71 - 10 units - $45.90 (5 sold)
lokicorvinus - 9 units - $44.99 (6 sold)
jth0bb - 9 units - $49.99 (1 sold)
bethruss2 - 5 units - $54.99 (3 sold)
bethruss2 - 4 units - 49.95 (1 sold)
neo102 - 7 units - $59.99
ckp86 - 6 units - $49.99
ckp86 - 2 units - $199.99
droopymccool - 5 units - $39.88 (4 sold)
motuvated_sales - 4 units - $49.95 (3 sold)
boogeyman! - 3 units - $89.99
crazybirdman76 - 3 units - $45.00 (2 sold)
sjr357 - 3 units - $59.95
toysaint - 3 units - $85.00
red51931 - 2 units - $125.00
that_hobbyist - 1 unit - $45.95
that_hobbyist - 1 unit - $95.00
jwschk - 1 unit - $45.00
reelpropz - 1 unit - $120.00
don_tom751z - 1 unit - $89.99
namumsl20 - 1 unit - 41.99
spinkick_murphy - 1 unit - $45.00
doubleimpact23 - 1 unit - $59.99
great_items_to_buy - 1 unit - 64.99
groverton - 1 unit - $118.00

Follow up notes:

1. 86 figures have already sold to scalpers that had multiple amounts of the figure. I believe 86 figures could have went a LONG way to calming the collector outcry in this situation.

2. 170 figures were up for sale by scalpers at this time. Since they are up for sale, one can logically assume these are not for the scalper's personally collection or "friends." So now that's 170 figures that could have went a LONG way to calming the collector outcry in this situation.

3. I just don't have the heart (or time) to calculate the gross profit made by these scalpers above what they paid for the figures. Sadly, I bet no one at Mattel is doing that either.

I'll have to see what kind of time I have but I think it would be fun to track this inf0 after every sale. This way we can see who the fattest scalpers are and how much they contradict Matty's excuses every month.

Very Interesting post Teemu. The 10 per person limit should have been changed on Flock-man. IMO it really should be changed on every figure. I really do not care anymore, and am not going to let Matty and reading the org. bring me down. I enjoy this line and will keep collecting. I can do without the variants and will stick with my 2 subs and sell one figure a month off at cost to a boardie. I will do the same next sub. and sit back and enjoy my figures every month.

I do flip stuff on occasion to fund my hobby, but Motu is too dear to me to include it in that practice. :angelsmil

SCALP-OR was at hand today...this was posted from Toymania.com and I thought this was interresting

Just 3 hours after the 1-2 minute record sell out of the MOTUC Moss Mann figure here is the Ebay Scalper snapshot. Some things to note:

1. All prices are "Buy It Now."

2. In cases of a large amount of figures already sold, the scalper was also using "Or Best Offer."

3. All scalpers with more than 5 figures to sell typically were an "Ebay Top Seller," aka professionally scalper.

4. All scalpers with more than 5 figures to sell were located in the United States; a direct contradiction to Matty's excuse that the 10 unit limit is there for their international customers to save on shipping.

5. The "units" figure is the total amount the scalper has/had on hand to start. The fraction they have sold thus far is located at the end.

5. Personal note: Given the MOTUC situation, in my opinion ANYONE who buys more than 1 figure to IMMEDIATELY put up on Ebay for a 100% mark up or more is a scalper in my book. I know opinions vary on this, but they are scalpers by the very definition, regardless if they choose to hide behind the "I just do it to pay for my figure" excuse. I'm sorry I don't feel they are entitled to a free figure at the gross marked up cost of a fellow collector just because they had a favorable outcome in a messed up ordering system that doesn't allow everyone the same opportunity to purchase the figure in question. Rant off.

skippy665 - "more than 10 available" - $45.00 (5 sold)
man_of_action_figures_inc - 25 units - $79.99 (24 sold)
aznraider03 - 21 units - $53.99 (18 sold)
dimensionxcomics717 - 12 units - 44.99 (5 sold)
dimensionxcomics717 - 5 units - $49.99
dimensionxcomics717 - 2 units - $44.99
lilmotto - 10 units - $45.00 (9 sold)
golfingfun71 - 10 units - $45.90 (5 sold)
lokicorvinus - 9 units - $44.99 (6 sold)
jth0bb - 9 units - $49.99 (1 sold)
bethruss2 - 5 units - $54.99 (3 sold)
bethruss2 - 4 units - 49.95 (1 sold)
neo102 - 7 units - $59.99
ckp86 - 6 units - $49.99
ckp86 - 2 units - $199.99
droopymccool - 5 units - $39.88 (4 sold)
motuvated_sales - 4 units - $49.95 (3 sold)
boogeyman! - 3 units - $89.99
crazybirdman76 - 3 units - $45.00 (2 sold)
sjr357 - 3 units - $59.95
toysaint - 3 units - $85.00
red51931 - 2 units - $125.00
that_hobbyist - 1 unit - $45.95
that_hobbyist - 1 unit - $95.00
jwschk - 1 unit - $45.00
reelpropz - 1 unit - $120.00
don_tom751z - 1 unit - $89.99
namumsl20 - 1 unit - 41.99
spinkick_murphy - 1 unit - $45.00
doubleimpact23 - 1 unit - $59.99
great_items_to_buy - 1 unit - 64.99
groverton - 1 unit - $118.00

Follow up notes:

1. 86 figures have already sold to scalpers that had multiple amounts of the figure. I believe 86 figures could have went a LONG way to calming the collector outcry in this situation.

2. 170 figures were up for sale by scalpers at this time. Since they are up for sale, one can logically assume these are not for the scalper's personally collection or "friends." So now that's 170 figures that could have went a LONG way to calming the collector outcry in this situation.

3. I just don't have the heart (or time) to calculate the gross profit made by these scalpers above what they paid for the figures. Sadly, I bet no one at Mattel is doing that either.

I'll have to see what kind of time I have but I think it would be fun to track this inf0 after every sale. This way we can see who the fattest scalpers are and how much they contradict Matty's excuses every month.

Wow... when you read it like this... Can't help but get angry... Matty should be more like sideshow and have order limit of 2 per customer/ address or credit card...

No matter how you add it up the answer will always be:

100% of Mattel doesn't give a rats ass.

Those numbers are very telling and truly is not cool how they allow such high numbers per order. Absolutely ridiculous.

Let the Scalp-ors and Hordak's buy them all up. When interest in this line diminishes they'll be the ones left holding the bag and won't be able to dump their surplus at retail cost. Pretty bad investment if you ask me.

Yes I do agree Matty needs to lower their limit, but does the limit effect the subscription people. Who is to say some of these people don't have 24 subscriptions or more? I don't recall a limit on the old subscription, but I could be wrong. Either there is a limit on the number a person can order from the site, or a limit on the 2011subscriptions to prevent this from happening again. The only subscriptions I am upset about is the scalpers aka 20+ subs, not the people on here that have one or two :)

Either way, sadly I dout Mattel cares about the scalpers. They get their money and they ship out the product. The after math is not their responsibility in their eyes. Though this after math is causing people to leave this line. I could be wrong with my above statement so don't hit me!! Darko

Last edited:
Figure up... and ordered! Easy! Un-flocked ears too!

Looking forward to you pine smell Moss man!

Congrats Grange. I'm glad you got your figures.

My friend tried to order me an extra Unflocked Mossman so I could display his alternate head and one flocked ears, but when he got to checkout they made him remove the items. Did get my new Stratos, though.

I wanted a flocked ear Mossman all along, he was my preference (that was the one I voted for). Unfortunately, I missed out due to the fast sell out. If someone has a flocked ear Mossman, PM me for a trade or cash (reasonable price only please).

Wow, the 1 month I have no problems seems to be the worst! I don't mean to sound douchey but I guess the sub was the way to go? I feel for my non-sub brothers in the line, it would suck donkey ____ to try and get these figures online. Pour one out for you guys...

Even with zero problems on my sub I still think it stinks. I am definitely canceling after Wundar (and at this point I will probably just flip him). I'm just tired of the way it's being done and I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is.

I say anyone who doesn't want to miss out should subscribe. You won't miss any regular releases and if one comes out that you don't want you'll have no trouble unloading it on either eBay or the boards. Someone will snap it up if you charge cost plus shipping. You don't lose money on figures you don't want and you are guaranteed to get the ones you do. Simple.

Yeah that works for the Club Eternia monthly figure but it don't do s*** for the monthly bonus figures. Matty needs a separate sub just for them.

Ummm...because it will include the thing you asked for? :confused:

Because they should have included it all along instead of pulling this BS and pissing off the people that do have the subs. Oh well, I got just about all the figs I want from this line. The original line was creatively only good for the first couple of years and then the characters started getting lame after that.

Back