Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there's one thing I've noticed about kl241 it's that he's angry. And when he's not angry, he's pissed.

That's because you got members on this board who can get away with murder around here.

Oh man, did this boomerang into something about DA aka Josh. Let it go man, it's healthier for you. Lesson learned. Ease up Sheriff k1241. :gun

That's because you got members on this board who can get away with murder around here.

Murder.. hmmm.

5204899.jpg

I have a sub, but I see where he's coming from. It seems like Matty is forcing collectors into buying into the sub due to fear of unavailability. These things should at least last a day or two so someone can go to work, come home, and place an order for the figure if they choose to do so.

I wanted an extra Trapjaw to display as the non-cybernetic one and wanted one extra flocked and unflocked Mossman, but wasn't able to get them because Matty's production numbers are so low.

I'm not going to let it ruin my day and I'm glad I got my one Mossman, but I think Mattycollector is being an a-hole to its fans.

51X1GC1MQ9L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I just finished reading this. It's a good read for MOTU fans.

If anyone wants it for $8 shipped (to US), PM me. :wave

I'm fairly sure that the reason I didn't get BC and TJ, is because I only wanted one of each. Maybe another ''queue'' or whatever, that puts all the multiple quantity orders first, hmmmm? At any rate, all this garbage is no surprise to matthell, it's going just the way they planned it. Clamp that hose matty, you're spraying your ****** all over us!

Toyguru :monkey4tm Speaks..

"Okay, so Moss Man sold out in seconds. That caught everyone by surprise. Who knew flocking was so popular!

Moss Man wasn't produced in any quota smaller to Adora and Trap Jaw but we did split his non subscription production between the flocked and non flocked variants. So that did mean their was less of one particular version. But it all does come out in the end.

Either way, at the end of the day the line is clearly picking up more and more fans as we go along and we are doing our best to keep up. Production will increase but it doesn't happen overnight as raw materials are purchased many months before a figure goes on sale.

We'll also continue to make improvements with Digital River and we do have a laundry list of corrections we are still implementing in the buying process.

A lot of fans are asking specifically about the 10 per order limit (which was demanded by fans after our initial 4 per person limit was rejected as being "not enough!").

Well, once again I went through every order today and once again VERY few customers are ordering 10 (in fact very few order more then 4). I know people are seeing a ton of Moss Man on the secondary market, but remember, we offered subscriptions in the summer of 2010 and customers were allowed an unlimited amount of subscriptions. It is very likely some fans bought subscriptions for the sole purpose of reselling them. And you know what, they have every right to do this.

The subscriptions were open for 3 weeks and anyone could buy as many as they needed or wanted. Their really was not a more fair way to offer an alternative to waiting each month to buy the non subscription production. If you wanted to buy figures right from Mattycollector.com and not a reseller, the chance was open for every monthly figure in 2010.

We will increase production as demand continues to go up and I'm sure Moss Man will be back in time (but I can tell you it won't be in 2010). The 2011 subscription will be available starting the Wednesday night of SDCC 2010. For those customers who want their figures guaranteed with no wait and no hassle, be sure to take advantage of this buying method!

We'll keep working to bring the best product we can to you. There is never a resting point. Long live MOTUC!"

Them pushing people into the subscription is getting old. That is not a way to do business IMO.:banghead

Also, if you wanted a Flock-man...

"That just was not logistically possible. It was hard enough making the running change due to fan demand for non flocked ears. To try and cater to each individual subscribers wish would have been a nightmare.

What we will do is when we bring Moss Man back down the road, we'll go into production from the start on both flocked and non flocked ears 50/50 so their is plenty to go around!"

I get some folks don't like the pushing of subscriptions, but he IS right. It's a sure fire way of getting the figures, no hassle to log in and fight the traffic and it allows Matty to make an educated guess on production numbers. Personally, I'd rather undersell than oversell myself.

I get some folks don't like the pushing of subscriptions, but he IS right. It's a sure fire way of getting the figures, no hassle to log in and fight the traffic and it allows Matty to make an educated guess on production numbers. Personally, I'd rather undersell than oversell myself.

I see your point, but 1 hour sellouts, 4 min sellouts? I think they really missed the production mark by a substantial number.

Also, if you wanted a Flock-man...

"That just was not logistically possible. It was hard enough making the running change due to fan demand for non flocked ears. To try and cater to each individual subscribers wish would have been a nightmare.

What we will do is when we bring Moss Man back down the road, we'll go into production from the start on both flocked and non flocked ears 50/50 so their is plenty to go around!"

That's good news. I can wait for more to go into production to get my extras. My one will do just fine for now.

I see your point, but 1 hour sellouts, 4 min sellouts? I think they really missed the production mark by a substantial number.

Well obviously but I think last year, not many folks knew about the line. This year seems to have exploded and they were judging based on six month old sales figures. So by time She-Ra comes out they may last a bit longer but how much longer remains to be seen. I think some folks expect an overnight increase, but any increase takes six months to take effect.

Congrats Grange. I'm glad you got your figures.

My friend tried to order me an extra Unflocked Mossman so I could display his alternate head and one flocked ears, but when he got to checkout they made him remove the items. Did get my new Stratos, though.

Cheers mate. I'm glad for your help with getting my timezones and times right! I giot luck and refreshed the order page early! :banana

Back