Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matty could always do pre-orders, just like SS does. They could gauge the demand for the figures and easily sell what was left over from Credit Card declines and cancels. We could get the figures we want and Mattel could start producing how many they needed 6mos ahead of time.

Our exclusive MOTUC style protective case is back on Pre-order here www.zoloworld.com/html/motuc_style_protective_case.html

scareglow01.jpg

Toyguru :monkey4tm Speaks..

"Okay, so Moss Man sold out in seconds. That caught everyone by surprise. Who knew flocking was so popular!

Either way, at the end of the day the line is clearly picking up more and more fans as we go along . . .

A lot of fans are asking specifically about the 10 per order limit (which was demanded by fans after our initial 4 per person limit was rejected as being "not enough!").

Well, once again I went through every order today and once again VERY few customers are ordering 10 (in fact very few order more then 4). I know people are seeing a ton of Moss Man on the secondary market, but remember, we offered subscriptions in the summer of 2010 and customers were allowed an unlimited amount of subscriptions. It is very likely some fans bought subscriptions for the sole purpose of reselling them. And you know what, they have every right to do this.

For those customers who want their figures guaranteed with no wait and no hassle, be sure to take advantage of this buying method!

We'll keep working to bring the best product we can to you. There is never a resting point. Long live MOTUC!"

Them pushing people into the subscription is getting old. That is not a way to do business IMO.:banghead

I agree, they are so obviously and aggressively pushing for people to buy the subscriptions, it's not right, it's like there is no choice anymore, it's either you're in or nothing.
"Caught everyone by suprise," yeah right, go flock yourself Toyguru.
It's not fans that the line is picking up, it's S-C-A-L-P-E-R-S! Those buying 10 are obviously not fans, and if there aren't that many buying 10 then why even offer 10 in the first place?
The line about resellers having "every right to" do so is the biggest FU to fans of the line imaginable, even for a corporate heel. He's right but it's a massive kick in the nuts . . . when you're down . . . and a cripple . . . who's blind, deaf and dumb . . . and your puppies just died. That's how bad it is.
"Long live MOTUC?" Yeah, not at this rate mate.

Our exclusive MOTUC style protective case is back on Pre-order here www.zoloworld.com/html/motuc_style_protective_case.html

scareglow01.jpg

Tsk, tsk, tsk . . . shameless, utterly, utterly shameless. :rolleyes:

(Secretly really likes the protective cases.)

I don't disagree about the subs either. It makes sure you get the figures you want and the ones you don't you can always sell to someone who does and missed out. Honestly, I think its the best route to approach getting these figures.

Matty could always do pre-orders, just like SS does. They could gauge the demand for the figures and easily sell what was left over from Credit Card declines and cancels. We could get the figures we want and Mattel could start producing how many they needed 6mos ahead of time.

What do you think the subscriptions are? They are preorders.:monkey1

No they are not. You can't cancel the ones you don't want. You are FORCED to buy everything they offer without knowing what the lineup for the duration of the subscription will be. To Sideshow's credit they at least try to discourage Scalp-ors by enforcing their policy of 1 exclusive per credit card/residence.

Yes I do think Mattel are pushing people into a subscription corner but as I am a die hard MOTU fan, I'm perfectly happy to have a subscription.

Tis questionable tactics for sure but it means getting our figures without all the palava!

No they are not. You can't cancel the ones you don't want. You are FORCED to buy everything they offer without knowing what the lineup for the duration of the subscription will be. To Sideshow's credit they at least try to discourage Scalp-ors by enforcing their policy of 1 exclusive per credit card/residence.

It IS a preorder for 12 figures. You know upfront you cannot cancel any of them and the lineup may or may not be finalized.

And you really cannot compare Sideshow's limits on higher end collectibles to Matty's limits on action figures.

Yes I do think Mattel are pushing people into a subscription corner but as I am a die hard MOTU fan, I'm perfectly happy to have a subscription.

Tis questionable tactics for sure but it means getting our figures without all the palava!

:lecture Common sense, yes have some. :rock

just so you guys know, my mossman shipped already and will be here friday. CRAW FTW!!!:rock

Well, mine will be here TODAY!!!
KUZEH FTW!!! :rock:rock!!!

I agree, they are so obviously and aggressively pushing for people to buy the subscriptions, it's not right, it's like there is no choice anymore, it's either you're in or nothing.
"Caught everyone by suprise," yeah right, go flock yourself Toyguru.
It's not fans that the line is picking up, it's S-C-A-L-P-E-R-S! Those buying 10 are obviously not fans, and if there aren't that many buying 10 then why even offer 10 in the first place?
The line about resellers having "every right to" do so is the biggest FU to fans of the line imaginable, even for a corporate heel. He's right but it's a massive kick in the nuts . . . when you're down . . . and a cripple . . . who's blind, deaf and dumb . . . and your puppies just died. That's how bad it is.
"Long live MOTUC?" Yeah, not at this rate mate.

Yeah, no kidding... this has to be the most disrispectful thing ever uttered by ToyGuru... :mad:

Tsk, tsk, tsk . . . shameless, utterly, utterly shameless. :rolleyes:

(Secretly really likes the protective cases.)
:rotfl

I don't disagree about the subs either. It makes sure you get the figures you want and the ones you don't you can always sell to someone who does and missed out. Honestly, I think its the best route to approach getting these figures.

I wouldn't say THE BEST, but definitely avoids the hassle...

Gotta agree with you there...

:lecture

It IS a preorder for 12 figures. You know upfront you cannot cancel any of them and the lineup may or may not be finalized.

And you really cannot compare Sideshow's limits on higher end collectibles to Matty's limits on action figures.

Yes, it is a preorder, but evidently you didn't even try to read my post. Mattel can improve how they run the ordering process, and we all know they really do need to improve it big time. Read, and think before you post buddy. The subscription is an all or nothing deal, pre-orders for select figures could smooth the ordering process.

Back