Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how can "new" and "vintage" be used to describe the same thing? it's anarchy i say.

It's all marketing man. Just like how can new and classic describe the same things? :lol Essentially it's Hasbro's excuse to blame collectors when movie merchandise bombs and yet still charge us $1 more than their animated and Legends crap that clogs the shelves.

Nooo not vintage Tytus, the new one. The one everyone is making a big stink over on Matty and the .org.

Ah ok! I have seen what's going on over at the .org lately aside from moderating the art boards.

Well I hope you figure something out that will avoid selling Predator.

And I hope you post pic of Tytus. :)

"Vintage" is just Hasbro's dog whistle, except it attracts the wallets of old nerds (like me).

Hey, it get's the young nerds too (like me). Just old enough to remember the Great Drought of the 90's but too young to have had those sweet sweet packages in my hands the first time around.

Ah ok! I have seen what's going on over at the .org lately aside from moderating the art boards.

Well I hope you figure something out that will avoid selling Predator.

And I hope you post pic of Tytus. :)

How's the business going with Dutch and HT's?

i never had any SW figures as a kid. in fact i wasn't into SW until the mid to late 90's. never had any SW related merchandise til i started collecting sideshow's SW figures and i was late to the game with those. my first one was old ben.

i never had any SW figures as a kid. in fact i wasn't into SW until the mid to late 90's. never had any SW related merchandise til i started collecting sideshow's SW figures and i was late to the game with those. my first one was old ben.

had tons and almost everything, but it's all gone besides one Fett :monkey2

Dang Craw! See - I was born in '85 aka the year they stopped producing Star Wars toys. I had some things like the animated Ewok books and the like and when we were cleaning out my grandfathers house after my grandmother passed, he gave me my first 3 vintage Star Wars figures. That started me on my love of those - but my love of others early 80's toys came from a kid that lived near my grandmother and my parents (we lived about a block or so away haha). He was an only child, about 2 years older than me and had EVERYTHING for MOTU, TMNT, GI JOE, Dino Riders and more. Now here I am still playing with Star Wars, MOTU and the occasional GI Joe 25 years later. :lol

i was always into MOTU and TFs as a kid. had tons. still have most of them in storage somewhere. saw the SW movies as a kid but didn't really see the appeal i guess. got into them again when i was in HS during the 90's and then the prequels hit. i enjoyed TPM until i got internet and realized that i'm not suposed to like the prequels.:lol internet is such a wonderful thing isn't it?

Did somebody say Dino Riders? I have to get another one of these some day. I used to have him and he was an awesome toy from my childhood. I kind of went through the same experience as you. I was born in 1985 and the only Star Wars toys I had were the bendy ones. I was really into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Battle Beasts, Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, Dino Riders and Transformers. I did get into the new Power of the Force figures in the 90s.

Here's a pice of the awesome Dino Riders T-Rex:

t-rex1.jpg

Did somebody say Dino Riders? I have to get another one of these some day. I used to have him and he was an awesome toy from my childhood. I kind of went through the same experience as you. I was born in 1985 and the only Star Wars toys I had were the bendy ones. I was really into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Battle Beasts, Masters of the Universe, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, Dino Riders and Transformers. I did get into the new Power of the Force figures in the 90s.

Here's a pice of the awesome Dino Riders T-Rex:

t-rex1.jpg

Quite the interesting T Rex there. :lol

that pic made my day. i can't stop laughing.:lol

If that pic made you laugh, watch this video:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/flXE1ZbEwLc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/flXE1ZbEwLc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh my god, I didn't even know about that pic of the naked statue kicking the babies until now. :lol:lol:lol I guess somebody didn't like me copying and pasting his pics or something. It was a pic of a dinosaur when I last checked.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

and Ben I got Skywarp I haven't opened him but I'm sure it's fine, going to leave you positive at the FB thread now. :chew

Thanks Ski and I'll leave a positive right now too. It's much appreciated, but you gotta open that ____ up and turn him into a jet. They ain't called transformers for nothing.

Back