Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They probably won't sell as much as they hope for Matty on Optikk, but I'm sure their plan of attack is to time the sale for 5-10 minutes and then have an auto shutdown on the sale and say it's sold out to create hype and the mindset of "Now I need this! It sold out so fast!" Then they'll put it up for sale again in 6 months and sell the rest that way.

Scares me a little that I've offered mine up around places as well with zero response. Tells me i'm pretty much stuck with it.

All joking aside... Genius move on Matty's part for picking a toy that most likely won't be popular and force-sell the majority of them via subscription and having the short few left to sell mainstream so they can clear the warehouse on these. Had Optikk been a bonus figure I bet it wouldn't sell as fast as the guaranteed quick sell of Keldor.

They're definitely not stupid. Optikk is, but Matty isn't. They know what they're doing...

Except it's been said from the start figures like Optikk would be in the line. Then they expressly stated NA figures were part of the sub so people knew from the start what they were getting. Don't blame Matty, blame uniformed consumers. One thing I have to say about us here, we may be fans but we are also informed consumers. Same cannot be said for other sites.

hate on optikk all you like, I loved the NA toys as a kid. I don't care for the show, but they atleast have cool looking character designs ( EXCEPT for skeletor... not sure what happened there). I grew up watching my uncles old Errol Flynn and Sinbad the sailor movies on VHS, and Was alwyas reminded of those designs in He-man from NA.

I Allways wanted Optikk, but my parents could never find him, so Yay :)

Except it's been said from the start figures like Optikk would be in the line. Then they expressly stated NA figures were part of the sub so people knew from the start what they were getting. Don't blame Matty, blame uniformed customers. One thing I have to say about us here, we may be fans but we are also informed customers. Same cannot be said for other sites.

Fixed....... :)

Wow! Excellent art Eamon! This may be a bit off topic, but do you do commission sketches for people by chance? I'd love to get some of your original work somehow :)

I actually really can't wait for She-Ra and I had no interest in her as a kid.

Agreed, but for me it's a one-shot deal. I mean, I could handle a few other well-done She-Ra figures but I wouldn't be excited for a She-Ra line or anything...

Got Optikk yesterday!!
Actually a really nice looking figure!!! I like it better than I though I would!!
The armor is awesome!!
The only thing I would change is add black to his arms... cuz right now it looks kind of lame!!

EDIT:
Pics!!!

DSC03939.jpg

DSC03935.jpg

I got my Eye on You!!!

DSC03937.jpg

With his cousin Man-At-Eye

DSC03941.jpg

DSC03943.jpg

Last edited:
Got Optikk yesterday!!
Actually a really nice looking figure!!! I like it better than I though I would!!
The armor is awesome!!
The only thing I would change is add black to his arms... cuz right now it looks kind of lame!!

Awesome! This is a good sign, this must mean the subscription figures had been sent out what, Thursday or Friday? A step in the right direction for Matty. :hi5:

With his cousin Man-At-Eye

DSC03941.jpg

Great photo Kuzeh, that eyeball actually suits the Man-At-Arms body.

I think Optikk looks really great. I didn't get a shipping notice from Matty but used the order number trick on the UPS website and it should be here on Thursday. Now I just need to decide if I should display him with the green or orange eye.

Hey all,
Long time reader first time posting.
Great pictures KUZEH! nice to see you got yours already.
(By the way I'm "Tom" Roy/Voorhees27 bro :1-1:).

MOTU 4-EVER.

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys!
YES! collecting is definitly in this family, although my bro collects everything where as I only collect MOTU(4 years now)

Back