Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than an easy pass for me. I do find it funny that when optik was announced there was much rage that we got a NA heman character before one of the old school major players. Yet I don't hear much of that rage over a completely new character. Gygor had to be more time consuming and cost more to produce than say, Man E Faces or Ram Man

you got to remember Toyguru's lame excuse "that this is what MOTU Classics is all about" ....I wish they would go all in for the originals first and then make the obscure and boring NA later...I am honestly not interested in collecting this line till 2016...I want the the main MOTU originals and then move onto from or quit this chaotic line.I'll be pissed if we dont get certain characters before this line ends, because as awesome as it is,I am not sure if this line will really make it to 2016 and with all the ordering gripes/complaints and the way the economy keeps going into a downward spiral,how long really can it really go?

Eh, I for one like that they are doing a variety from all the old lines and new. It's giving everyone a chance to get the figures they want. Yes, we haven't gotten Ram Man or Man-E-Faces but with the Trap Jaw and Optikk sculpts we know that ol' Manny can't be far behind.

If it wasn't for including the mixture I wouldn't have received what is one of my favorite figures today, She-Ra. I'm very satisfied with the line to this point. I do love that we are getting previously unproduced characters like He-Ro and Gygor. Bring on the variety! :yess: Let everyone have a chance at their favorite characters.

More than an easy pass for me. I do find it funny that when optik was announced there was much rage that we got a NA heman character before one of the old school major players. Yet I don't hear much of that rage over a completely new character. Gygor had to be more time consuming and cost more to produce than say, Man E Faces or Ram Man

Actually Gy-Gor is from the original line! From concept to prototype and that's as far as it goes for the ol' ape. So technically he is older than Optikk. And ____ the NA. Also the tooling costs must be low since he is a repaint of DCU's Gorilla Grodd. :duff

Actually Gy-Gor is from the original line! From concept to prototype and that's as far as it goes for the ol' ape. So technically he is older than Optikk. And ____ the NA. Also the tooling costs must be low since he is a repaint of DCU's Gorilla Grodd. :duff

Technicly, if he's anything to do with Grodd, he's a retool.

pic related.

1276886952212.jpg

all honesty, if he didn't have screaming monkeyface, i'd like him more. or if he atleast had a alternate head.

:lol :lol :lol YoNoWakkaWakka!

I'm covering my friend's comic store today and the craziest lady ever just spent an hour on the phone with her son asking me why we hadn't reserved books for him that are not out yet. I'm losing it a little.

And I'd buy Ram-E-Faces. He could go with Mouth Wrapper.

I'm covering my friend's comic store today and the craziest lady ever just spent an hour on the phone with her son asking me why we hadn't reserved books for him that are not out yet. I'm losing it a little.

And I'd buy Ram-E-Faces. He could go with Mouth Wrapper.

I was in there today, I saw yah but I was too shy to come and beat your ass... I walked outta there with my mommy and it was a good day though :1-1:

as promised, pictures of how i modded she-ra's skirt, and how it improved her articulation.

she1.jpg

she2.jpg

she3.jpg

2010-06-18_214835.jpg
she5.jpg
she4.jpg

all i did was use an x-acto blade and cut along the seams on the sides of her skirt about 1/2 way up.

comments?

I was in there today, I saw yah but I was too shy to come and beat your ass... I walked outta there with my mommy and it was a good day though :1-1:

Nice try but this kid was in good shape, not all fat and flabby like you. :nana:
I got a cardboard box for you, buddy, you try to kick my ass. :exactly:

Seriously though don't come kick my ass. :monkey3

What are you useing for the foot pegs?

1/8" dowell rods, cut down to about a 1/4" tall. 1/8" is the smallest Home depot had, but I may try Michaels for one size down because these will "stretch" the plastic at the feet. And She-ra's foot peg is too small, so defiinitely want to try 1 size down.

I painted the grooved lines last night, looking good.

Anyone know of a good sealer I can put on Balsa wood to protect the paint job and increase durability? I got the spray can stuff, but I want a more direct application (i.e. brushed on) and think the spray can will take away from the look. Definitely want a matter (not glossy) finish.

1/8" dowell rods, cut down to about a 1/4" tall. 1/8" is the smallest Home depot had, but I may try Michaels for one size down because these will "stretch" the plastic at the feet. And She-ra's foot peg is too small, so defiinitely want to try 1 size down.

I painted the grooved lines last night, looking good.

Anyone know of a good sealer I can put on Balsa wood to protect the paint job and increase durability? I got the spray can stuff, but I want a more direct application (i.e. brushed on) and think the spray can will take away from the look. Definitely want a matter (not glossy) finish.

I don't have a good suggestion, but I can tell you DO NOT use Rustoleum "Ultra Cover Matte Clear." I used it on some stands I'd repainted and it left a wacky texture and a lot of "dust." Blech.

Got my Keldors tonight (8pm UPS WTF?) and so far he looks pretty awesome. Now I don't feel bad getting effed in the A on the sub.

Back