Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope we can trust this

Just posted on Mattycollector:

June 17, 2010
By Matty

Matty Fans,

You may have heard that Digital River had a data breach and are wondering if you’re affected. The good news is that no Mattel customer data was involved. Here’s what they said:

“There have been some questions about recent news regarding one of Digital River's affiliate businesses, Direct Response Technologies. Because Digital River is part of an on-going legal investigation related to this matter, it is limited on the information it can share. The company has actively involved federal law enforcement and is taking the appropriate actions to reach a resolution.

In the meantime, we want to assure you that no Mattel data was involved. The data in question was limited to Direct Response Technologies’ DirectTrack affiliate business and some business contact information related to certain affiliate marketers. The data did not include financial or consumer data – no credit card or other payment data was involved.”

Hope that helps.

— Matty

I managed to snag a Keldor, She-ra and Faker on Tuesday. I am in Canada so I won't get them for like a month though since I used the cheap shipping. :(

[
my She-ra head wasn't even attached. saved me some trouble for switching heads. her sword is junk. first, it's warped cuz they tie those stipid ties so tight around averything. then it looks like they glued the gems wrong so they popped them out and got glue slopped all over the sord and the gems when they reglued them. the gems are just ugly now. they look all grimy and dirty. any ideas how to remove glue slop without damaging the paint job?

I had a very hard time switching her heads too. It didn't have that satisfying "pop" when I switched it out. I also had to use the hair dryer. Pulling off her sparkly head was no fin either, thought I was going to break it.

i'm also wondering how they expect her to ride a Swiftwind when she can't spread her legs very wide cuz of the skirt. please no jokes.

My She-Ra spread her legs just fine. Oh, wait, what I meant to say was that I was surprised that she is pretty stable standing on her on and holding a standing position.

Okay I'm probably gonna get wrapped in the mouth for asking this but here goes: Other than Marzo is anyone else being released next month?

I feel like wrapping someone in the mouth now. :confused Must be a British thing.

Me too!! I was having a hell of a time switching out the head! I truly thought I was going to bust the neck peg off! I also didn't get the pop sound when it did get on so I just assumed it was fine and left it alone.

They should have packed it with that head to begin with. Never had that much trouble switching a head before.

guess it's a good thing my head wasn't even attached. when i opened the figure the head came flying out. all i had to do was pop the alternate one on. wasn't too hard.

I hope we can trust this

Just posted on Mattycollector:

June 17, 2010
By Matty

Matty Fans,

You may have heard that Digital River had a data breach and are wondering if you’re affected. The good news is that no Mattel customer data was involved. Here’s what they said:

“There have been some questions about recent news regarding one of Digital River's affiliate businesses, Direct Response Technologies. Because Digital River is part of an on-going legal investigation related to this matter, it is limited on the information it can share. The company has actively involved federal law enforcement and is taking the appropriate actions to reach a resolution.

In the meantime, we want to assure you that no Mattel data was involved. The data in question was limited to Direct Response Technologies’ DirectTrack affiliate business and some business contact information related to certain affiliate marketers. The data did not include financial or consumer data – no credit card or other payment data was involved.”

Hope that helps.

— Matty
matty should drop them anyway. doesn't matter if they didn't lose the Mattel data. they're obviously not secure. they suck. i really can't remember ordering day being such a headache before DR got involved. but for some reason Mattel doesn't see this.

Glad i get to skip Gy-gor. A suggestion. i split she-ra's skirt up the thighs a little bit ( about 1/2 way up the skirt) it allows her to move her legs and be articulate without any serious restriction.

Glad i get to skip Gy-gor. A suggestion. i split she-ra's skirt up the thighs a little bit ( about 1/2 way up the skirt) it allows her to move her legs and be articulate without any serious restriction.
i thought about doing that. haven't decided. i want another she-ra if they rerelease her so i can put her on Swiftwind. maybe i'll alter that one.

i have to say that the masked head doesn't look as bad as i thought it would. but i still went with the "cool" head.

Haha, I say cool head cause it was the one pictured when I Googled She-Ra pictures. I wanted to know what she looked like in the cartoon cause I never watched them when I was younger.:lol
And today, after watching PixelDan's video review I realized the masked head was what the vintage doll had back then.

A few more updates of my display stand. I've probably put a good 8 hours into this thing now. Oh well, I'm having fun.

Reminds me a little of Picasso.

With footpegs!

IMG_0246Large.jpg

IMG_0247Large.jpg

IMG_0337Large.jpg

IMG_0338Large.jpg

IMG_0339Large.jpg

IMG_0340Large.jpg

IMG_0341Large.jpg

IMG_0343Large.jpg

IMG_0344Large.jpg

IMG_0345Large.jpg

I still have to paint the grooved lines, and then add some "natural" environmental material, such as sand, gravel, and polished stones. Think it will look pretty good when its all done.

I plan on making two, maybe three for all my figures.

guess it's a good thing my head wasn't even attached. when i opened the figure the head came flying out. all i had to do was pop the alternate one on. wasn't too hard.

My She-Ra head wasn't attached either. It made her easier to remove, since there was that one super tight rubber band wrapping around her hair and tiara. I swapped to the cartoon head too and it just seems like you have to push the head farther on until it finally locks into place.

Show some pics please. :impatient:

My She-Ra head wasn't attached either. It made her easier to remove, since there was that one super tight rubber band wrapping around her hair and tiara. I swapped to the cartoon head too and it just seems like you have to push the head farther on until it finally locks into place.

Mine wasn't attached either so I guess it most be a common screw up with the figure. The stranger thing for mine was there was a little bit of paper stuck to her cape. I'm not sure where it came from since there is no paper in the package. Makes me wonder what they do with these things before packaging them.

Back