Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those,including me,who miss out on Orko/Adam on August 2nd, this is what Matty has to say to you....

Mesa, you sound like where I was at a few months ago. I'd finally had enough and gave up on Matty. I even had my subscription canceled this week, so Marzo will be my last figures purchased and they're going to Skiman.

It was a lot of fun in the beginning when the good characters (in my opinion) were coming out every month, but now I'll just move along and use this money to complete my vintage Star Wars figure collection. I don't have much from ROTJ, so I have some work to do.

I'll still be reading this thread because it's still enjoyable to read. :duff

Agree 100%. Aren't these figures called "classics" as in the ____ we got in the 80s as kids??? Well it started out that way and ____ was good for a while so I gladly signed up for the Sub. Next thing I know Im getting figs that don't belong to the classic line, figs no longer had the same paint apps and QC in general started to slip. Now if you want a bonus fig or if you don't have a sub....good luck. And god forbid something happens during your order....digital river knows as much about the product or what they are doing as the plastic plant in my office lobby.

For that reason I won't sub next year and only check once in a while for monthly releases that are "classics"

In fact, I don't even display them anymore.

mattyo10.jpg

Agree 100%. Aren't these figures called "classics" as in the ____ we got in the 80s as kids??? Well it started out that way and ____ was good for a while so I gladly signed up for the Sub. Next thing I know Im getting figs that don't belong to the classic line, figs no longer had the same paint apps and QC in general started to slip. Now if you want a bonus fig or if you don't have a sub....good luck. And god forbid something happens during your order....digital river knows as much about the product or what they are doing as the plastic plant in my office lobby.

For that reason I won't sub next year and only check once in a while for monthly releases that are "classics"

In fact, I don't even display them anymore.

yeah,I really wish they would go back to the original characters of the 80's...POP I am sorta ok with but can do without...but leave out NA and even 200x...but were gonna get figures we dont really want because they want the line to go 6 more years and because Toyguru says so

sheesh...a lot of negativity about this line all of a sudden. i face the same trials as you guys and i love my collection and am proud to display it.

I am in as long as I can afford to buy...I enjoy my collection too (Best action figure line going) We just wish we didnt have to buy figures we dont want..only thing good about the sub is not having to deal with the frustrating Sellout every month

I don't know if I'm going to buy the subscription next year. I really want to but I'm going back to finish school, and I could probably use that $470 for tuition.

sheesh...a lot of negativity about this line all of a sudden. i face the same trials as you guys and i love my collection and am proud to display it.

No kidding!!!
This is my current favorite Toyline out there... we've come a long way since the line was first announced, and I hope it's still alive an kicking at least until 2016...

:rock!!

I am in as long as I can afford to buy...I enjoy my collection too (Best action figure line going) We just wish we didnt have to buy figures we dont want..only thing good about the sub is not having to deal with the frustrating Sellout every month

Yeah, I mean, it's one thing for the other...
If I can avoid Matty's website, it's all good! :yess:

yeah i wish they didn't display the total cost. brings it to a whole new perspective. but i only collect this line and maybe five or six 12inch figures a year so no problem.

i'm not a true MOTU fan. i actually know very little about the MOTU universe. i only colect these for nostalgic purposes. so i like the "new" characters. to me it's like i'm collecting the vintage toys but they're making more characters than they did in the 80's. it's like i'm a kid again but i can get every single figure cuz i have money and no parents to stop me.

I love this line, due to financial 9and other) reasons I don't have a huge selection but I love what I've seen so far, new characters and old. Yeah there were some that I don't have that I would have passed on, not because of the quality or because I'm a MOTU elitist but because the character wasn't a favorite of mine, and when they finally did come out I kicked myself for passing them up (tri-klops:slap) The only figure I've seen that I have absolure no interest in is Gygor. Instead of wasting time arguing about N/A and POP's plce in this line, rage against this Grodd wannabe instead.

No kidding!!!

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to bring some negative vibes into this thread. I'm a fan of the cartoon, but I guess I'm not enough of a fan to spend this kind of money annually on this line.

I'll always be a SW fan at heart and after getting all my vintage Kenner stuff from my parents earlier this year, I realize I'd like to try my best to complete that collection. :peace

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to bring some negative vibes into this thread. I'm a fan of the cartoon, but I guess I'm not enough of a fan to spend this kind of money annually on this line.

I'll always be a SW fan at heart and after getting all my vintage Kenner stuff from my parents earlier this year, I realize I'd like to try my best to complete that collection. :peace

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I'm not sure how you did it Waller but you beat Matty.

i like the "new" characters. to me it's like i'm collecting the vintage toys but they're making more characters than they did in the 80's. it's like i'm a kid again but i can get every single figure cuz i have money and no parents to stop me.

I feel the exact same way. Additionally, since all the figures are sculpted by the same team, they fit so well together that I have difficulty passing up any of the figures. For example, I haven't seen a single episode of He-Man: The New Adventures but I do like the Optikk figure.

You know what, I'm all in. I love this line and if it comes to it, these will be my only 2011 toy purchases while I go to school full time.

Back