Maximus: Final Battle/Carthage armor.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maximus

I'm so tempted to get the head/armour set unpainted, but I need to get the money to pull the trigger lol

And because every hero...

needs a villain...

a sneak peek to an awesome wip:

commie1.jpg

:naughty :naughty :naughty

New head sculpt casting in first post...I'll post painted pictures later today.

Holy :horror It looks unbelievable man...My excitement level to get this set was already through the roof, now it's in outer space!

:horror That's unbelievable!

So nice looking. I may be on board for sure. Have to start saving for this. Cannot wait to see a painted head.

And now there is a new body in the mix: HT Perseus!

Headless HT Leonidas bodies are going for around $100 + shipping on ebay at the moment...tempting, but still hard to pull the trigger when the complete figure, w/ two heads and all the extras is only about $50 more, shipped. It's nearly perfect for a custom like Maximus though. If HT were to sell them separately they'd couldn't go wrong.

You could always hold out to see what the Hot Toys Perseus figure will go for loose. The elbow and knee joints will be visible but personally I'm not sold on the rubber coated bodies standing the test of time. Pre-sells for the figure are already springing up on ebay.

Very nice, did you sculpt that yourself?

If I succeed in doing a Lucilla at some point, I would love to add Commodus too.

Nope, the sculpt is from a Hot Toys Firefighter figure. Susala sculpted the laurel wreath when she still used to frequent this board... Seb did the rest. :banana

Money sent for unpainted head/armor set!

I can manage the armor on my own. Just gotta find someone to paint up the head. And there is apparently zero True Types on eBay! That's no good. Will a TTL work?

Money sent for unpainted head/armor set!

I can manage the armor on my own. Just gotta find someone to paint up the head. And there is apparently zero True Types on eBay! That's no good. Will a TTL work?

I think a TTL might work indeed since they seem to have the chest width as a narrow shoulder (but I'm not 100% sure). The experimenting with different body types can start as soon as the first member gets his Maximus armor from Steven.

I've got a narrow shoulder put on the side for this, but also have a spare Comedian body and maybe I'll get a leonidas body too. We'll see what works...

Back