Maximus: Final Battle/Carthage armor.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maximus

maxiumsheadpianted098.jpg

that looks dead on!
incredible work! and you're quite the painter too!

Well, Perseus is up for pre-order at Sideshow now. At first glance it looks like they went with the Wolverine/Comedian type upper body, and the lower body looks like something new. The legs are muscular like Leonidas, but the knee joints appear to be the same single hinge type as the elbows. Not bad looking at all, but somewhat limited articulation.

Looking forward to seeing which bodies people decide to go with for their Maximus build ups once the sets start going out.

Well, Perseus is up for pre-order at Sideshow now. At first glance it looks like they went with the Wolverine/Comedian type upper body, and the lower body looks like something new. The legs are muscular like Leonidas, but the knee joints appear to be the same single hinge type as the elbows. Not bad looking at all, but somewhat limited articulation.

Looking forward to seeing which bodies people decide to go with for their Maximus build ups once the sets start going out.

I'm not planning on having Maximus in any extreme poses, so the joints of the perseus body kind of kill it for me. The wolverine and comedian bodies have standard TT legs, so that kills those. Leonidas seems to be the perfect body for this in my opinion!

Did you get my payment? My credit card bill shows it but I'm not on your little list on the first page.

Dane and Raymond weren't on there when I sent the payment. That's why I asked. I've done business with Steven before. I'm not freaking out. Besides, I don't have a body or a painter available yet anyways so there's not much to be done with this when I get it.

Dane and Raymond weren't on there when I sent the payment. That's why I asked. I've done business with Steven before. I'm not freaking out. Besides, I don't have a body or a painter available yet anyways so there's not much to be done with this when I get it.

Hey, my name's Dane! :duff Not many of us out there...Yeah Steven has been very communicative, I'm not worried at all, just anxious :lol

Anxious is a good word to use indeed. Wish I could get a painter lined up. The one I think I'll contact won't be taking anything new until June!

Just got my Leonidas body in...thing is heavier than ____e! Fingers crossed the armor fits...

If you have a narrow shoulder body, you could measure the chest of both bodies and see if there's much difference. If not, it'll probably fit since it was made for a narrow shoulder body.

Got a pair of those arm sleeves from a Dragon Cheong figure and a pair HT Rocky leg sleeves; hopefully it can look good, once put together on a narrow...

So after having a chance to eyeball the Leonidas body next to a NS TT I'm not too optimistic...the chest is considerably thicker, and I'm not sure how much breathing room there is in the chest armor :(

Got a pair of those arm sleeves from a Dragon Cheong figure and a pair HT Rocky leg sleeves; hopefully it can look good, once put together on a narrow...

Do they all match in skin tone? That's something worth considering. Also, remember we have to cut up the figure's legs to put the boots on! It's gonna be tricky I'm sure doing that with the leg sleeves on.

So after having a chance to eyeball the Leonidas body next to a NS TT I'm not too optimistic...the chest is considerably thicker, and I'm not sure how much breathing room there is in the chest armor :(

Damn...:(

I was really hoping the difference in width and thickness was negligible.

Do you think the rubber body is maybe soft enough to squeeze the armor on? If maybe the armor could be softened up with heat or something like that...

Damn...:(

I was really hoping the difference in width and thickness was negligible.

Do you think the rubber body is maybe soft enough to squeeze the armor on? If maybe the armor could be softened up with heat or something like that...

It's possible...I'm also not opposed to damaging the chest of the body to thin it out since it's going to be covered anyways. Now if I could just get 7toys7 to get back to me about my missing wrist peg. So pissed, there's no way he didn't notice it was missing before he shipped it to me :mad:

Back