Maximus: Final Battle/Carthage armor.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maximus

Max-armor-f.jpg

Max-armor-f2.jpg

Damn, the armor looks fantastic!! :horror

Spencer said "No, there won't be a limit. " .

It's good news I guess, for us who does not have the money at hand :p :banana:chew

Fantastic. I thought as much with some people still getting Alfreds and Gordons. But just wanted to make sure.

This economy sucks and the job market for teachers is awful. I should actually have a real job lined up before pulling the trigger on this one.

Wow. Really cool. And the new sculpt looks killer. Can't wait to see the final piece.

Would love to find out if the Wolvie or King Leo body would fit with the armor. They would be a match made in heaven for this piece.

Would love to find out if the Wolvie or King Leo body would fit with the armor. They would be a match made in heaven for this piece.

I have a Leonidas body on its way to me, should arrive around the same time as Spenser's armor. I'll definitely post my findings when I have them both in hand!

Nice that would be perfect! Was that your plan all along?

Well I was originally thinking of using a wolverine body, but since the knees are exposed I thought the Leonidas would be best. If it works it'll look epic :rock

Well I was originally thinking of using a wolverine body, but since the knees are exposed I thought the Leonidas would be best. If it works it'll look epic :rock

The problem is that body is so expensive. I realise I am saying this having just paid over $200 for the head and armour, but I just do not want this project to jump into the $300+ range (I mean I bought Spenser's 4 Beatles heads, 4 TT slim bodies and some 1:6 instruments for that much).

I am hoping we will see a new nude body line from HT in the next six months or so that gives us covered joint options for both the male and female figures at $50 or less a piece.

The problem is that body is so expensive. I realise I am saying this having just paid over $200 for the head and armour, but I just do not want this project to jump into the $300+ range (I mean I bought Spenser's 4 Beatles heads, 4 TT slim bodies and some 1:6 instruments for that much).

I am hoping we will see a new nude body line from HT in the next six months or so that gives us covered joint options for both the male and female figures at $50 or less a piece.

Headless HT Leonidas bodies are going for around $100 + shipping on ebay at the moment...tempting, but still hard to pull the trigger when the complete figure, w/ two heads and all the extras is only about $50 more, shipped. It's nearly perfect for a custom like Maximus though. If HT were to sell them separately they'd couldn't go wrong.

Last edited:

edit...Pictures back up.

Last edited:

The problem is that body is so expensive. I realise I am saying this having just paid over $200 for the head and armour, but I just do not want this project to jump into the $300+ range

I hear you man, I really do :( My problem is that when I have the chance to put together a bash of one of my all time favorite characters I get a little frivolous with my spending and somehow justify the pricetag. :banghead

Back