Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about stuffing my Medi head with foam like I did with the boots. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm assuming I cut off the part at the bottom of the head where the seam goes completely around the bottom of the head, right? What sort of glue should I use to glue the piece back on when I'm done stuffing the head? And with all the foam stuffed in there(which I'm sure will be a lot) how do I keep it from popping out as I try to glue the bottom back on?

Do You really need to fill it with anything at all? Most people just widen the sculpt with hot water and it works.

I have a question of my own, for the medi modders here. Most of the modifications to the sculpt and the body of my bats are done, the figure is almost ready for re-painting. The last thing I need to do is correct the shape of the shoulder pads, so that the won't stick out so much. So my question is, how did You guys modded yours? Did You cut them away, and glued back in specific place? I haven't yet removed the pads from the body, just tried to reshape them with hot water, just like the headsculpt. Unfortunately they tend to spring back up to their original shape. Any help would be appreciated.

Do You really need to fill it with anything at all? Most people just widen the sculpt with hot water and it works.

It eventually pulled itself back in but not to the extent it originally was. The ones that did get it to successfully stick without filling the head used a heat gun.

I have a question of my own, for the medi modders here. Most of the modifications to the sculpt and the body of my bats are done, the figure is almost ready for re-painting. The last thing I need to do is correct the shape of the shoulder pads, so that the won't stick out so much. So my question is, how did You guys modded yours? Did You cut them away, and glued back in specific place?

It was the only way, or it would buckle at the opposite end.

I haven't yet removed the pads from the body, just tried to reshape them with hot water, just like the headsculpt. Unfortunately they tend to spring back up to their original shape. Any help would be appreciated.

The shape of it just pulls it back to the original shape. Otherwise the bottom of the pad sticks out.

I have a question of my own, for the medi modders here. Most of the modifications to the sculpt and the body of my bats are done, the figure is almost ready for re-painting. The last thing I need to do is correct the shape of the shoulder pads, so that the won't stick out so much. So my question is, how did You guys modded yours? Did You cut them away, and glued back in specific place? I haven't yet removed the pads from the body, just tried to reshape them with hot water, just like the headsculpt. Unfortunately they tend to spring back up to their original shape. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep, what voudon said. I've just done the water treatment for the second time. It will eventually shrink. Its funny you asked about the pads because that was my next question, although I don't really want to reshape them I just want the right one to stay down like the left one does. Do I have to remove it completely and reglue it? And I asked before about what I should stuff the head with and I was told foam isn't a good idea...so what is? Thanks

But does it shrink all the way, back to the original narrow head sculpt? Or is it widened at least a bit? You could try to widen the head more than You would normally do, and then wait for it to shrink. Or You could try stuffing it into the freezer right after You widen it. My headsculpt also never kept the shaped that I intended for it, but its stilll noticably wider than the original. I think I hit that sweet spot. As for, what to fill the head with, perhaps try some liquid modeling putty?

Also, I second the query about the shoulder pads. Some specific tips, would be great guys.

TheProcrastinator;4359005 [B said:
But does it shrink all the way, back to the original narrow head sculpt? Or is it widened at least a bit? [/B]You could try to widen the head more than You would normally do, and then wait for it to shrink. Or You could try stuffing it into the freezer right after You widen it. My headsculpt also never kept the shaped that I intended for it, but its stilll noticably wider than the original. I think I hit that sweet spot. As for, what to fill the head with, perhaps try some liquid modeling putty?

Also, I second the query about the shoulder pads. Some specific tips, would be great guys.

It shrinks but not all the way to it's original size. At this point I just want to do something more permanent.

:lol As far as specific tips goes it looks as though we may be the late guys to the party. When this figure first came out it seemed for a while there was a lot of people doing a lot of mods. But now I don't think all those people come to this thread a lot so it's harder to get info.

My new set up

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0237-1.jpg

Thanks. I wish HT would do something like this, headless cowl. I also wish I had some better hands. The look I have now doesn't look too bad but with limited hand gestures comes limited display options, at least while making it look natural.

Thanks. I wish HT would do something like this, headless cowl. I also wish I had some better hands. The look I have now doesn't look too bad but with limited hand gestures comes limited display options, at least while making it look natural.

I think the hands look relly natural in that picture.. or hand.. I cant really see his left hand.

Back