Medicom Darth Vader Version 2.0 RAH 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Anakin sculpt is lightyears ahead of Sideshow's.

I can compare! Sideshow was supposed to be delivering an ESB/ROTJ Vader but gave us an 'Idealized' version instead. Epic fail on Sideshow's part.

Medicom takes the win.

I agree. The overall look and execution of this figure seems to trump SS. Its just unfortunate that the scale is not quite 1/6. If it were I would have picked this up. I had the first release and loved it but constantly tried to make it what it wasn't. Bigger. I'm settling for the SS because of the scale issue. Congrats to all those who love this fig. Its a really great one.

Yep, scale is the sticking point for me, too. Only silver lining with the Sideshow release is that the exclusive is non-eossential, so I'll be happy to wait and see how it turns out in production.

I've checked out the new Medi Vader in person.. & I don't like it.

They have done some things on it nicely, but yeah.. I'm holding out for one I'm personally going to be wowed by. :)

(..oh Marmit Vader - where for art thou!!! :gah: :lol)

As I said on the SS thread, wish Marmit made their Vader. It would have been the best hands down.

I used to have the medicom version 1 and loved it in all ways except scale.

Looked great on its own.

Excuse me if I missed it somewhere here, but are there any side-by-side comparison pics of the medicom ver 1 Roj and the version 2? If not, can someone post them pls?
Thx

Btw are the new 2.0 bodies prone to tearing at the pvc joints /limbs like the previous figures?

Excuse me if I missed it somewhere here, but are there any side-by-side comparison pics of the medicom ver 1 Roj and the version 2? If not, can someone post them pls?
Thx

Btw are the new 2.0 bodies prone to tearing at the pvc joints /limbs like the previous figures?

New Vader is slightly taller and yes stronger body.

(btw this guy is like 160$ from amiami right now)

IMGP4369.JPG

Are all the paint apps trash on these or did they just have bad batches?

I agree. The overall look and execution of this figure seems to trump SS. Its just unfortunate that the scale is not quite 1/6. If it were I would have picked this up. I had the first release and loved it but constantly tried to make it what it wasn't. Bigger. I'm settling for the SS because of the scale issue. Congrats to all those who love this fig. Its a really great one.

Wonder if this is going to be a Frankenstein mash-up like Boba Fett using parts from Medi and SSC to build the perfect Vader?

Back